WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Finals

(I wasn't sure where to post this.)

Lets talk about the NBA Finals.

I thought I had heard that the NBA had "freedom of movement." But these guys are all over each other.

Re: NBA Finals

I didn't get a chance to watch, but looks like Golden St. had a convincing win. Is that accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
      I didn't get a chance to watch, but looks like Golden St. had a convincing win. Is that accurate?
      The Cavs actually had some leads in the 3rd quarter. They were going back and forth for a while but Golden State's bench just killed the Cavs. Curry and Thompson did not shoot well but they had back to back dagger 3s late in the 4th. The Cavs out rebounded Golden State and shot the same from 3 but the Warriors shot better overall. The Cavs had more turnovers. Iowa's own Harrison Barnes had a great 1st half and finished with 13 points.
      "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

No groin kicks but one groin swipe (Dellavedova on Iguidala). Glad they called the common foul and nothing more on either team. Pretty sure he realized it was unintentional later but tough not to react in the moment when that happens to you.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
          The Cavs actually had some leads in the 3rd quarter. They were going back and forth for a while but Golden State's bench just killed the Cavs. Curry and Thompson did not shoot well but they had back to back dagger 3s late in the 4th. The Cavs out rebounded Golden State and shot the same from 3 but the Warriors shot better overall. The Cavs had more turnovers. Iowa's own Harrison Barnes had a great 1st half and finished with 13 points.
          Klay Thompson is lining himself up for a serious payday. It's also cool that Barnes is a piece of the puzzle for them. He's obviously not one of their top three or four guys, but he's good enough to be valuable for anyone else going forward. It also shows how much depth they have that Igoudala is another good piece. He was the best player on some decent 76ers teams a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            Klay Thompson is lining himself up for a serious payday. It's also cool that Barnes is a piece of the puzzle for them. He's obviously not one of their top three or four guys, but he's good enough to be valuable for anyone else going forward. It also shows how much depth they have that Igoudala is another good piece. He was the best player on some decent 76ers teams a few years ago.

Anybody think Harrison made a good choice turning down the four-year $16 million offer? That was bold on his part. Hope he has an awesome finals and turns it into a great decision.

Comment

Lebron was hacked to pieces in game one.
              Originally posted by TH1974
              This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

If I were LeBron and my team got beat this bad , I would have to quit playing basketball. Does this sound familiar to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hamalot View Post
                  If I were LeBron and my team got beat this bad , I would have to quit playing basketball. Does this sound familiar to anyone.
                  Haha. Good one.

Comment

I was going to hold off on this until the Finals were over (and probably will still comment) but this is very fitting timing as well.

Comment

Winner.

He's a punk.

Love watching him get schooled by Curry and the Warriors.
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                        I was going to hold off on this until the Finals were over (and probably will still comment) but this is very fitting timing as well.
                        Too bad he didn't quit...

Unfortunately these past posts now feel a lot like the congratulatory texts I was getting with a minute left in the TA&M game.

While obviously not knowing him personally, I've grown to very much dislike LeBron on an athlete/celebrity level. But I have to give the man his due. He went against his own advice and kept grinding towards the goal.

Comment

The Warriors had the best season in NBA history playing in what is widely regarded as the superior division. They are all professional athletes being paid millions of dollars per year. They did not score in the final 4.5 minutes of a championship game. That is a bigger meltdown than anything that happened in college bb this year. But I would imagine, and hope, that LeBron gave them credit post game rather than mock them.
                          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                          X