WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any TV for UNI @ INSt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any TV for UNI @ INSt?

Not seeing anything, not even a PPV through the Sycamores' site. Anyone know?

Re: Any TV for UNI @ INSt?

The trees usually have an online deal. The mvfc, now that we are doing instant replay should offer free online streaming for all games like the pac 12

Comment

I won't go as far as having free online streaming. However, it would be worthwhile for the AD to put together an all access video package for at least FB. Pay the host school a nominal amount per subscriber, and simply "rebroadcast" the home video feed. Allow for the option to take the home announcers, or overlay the UNI radio crew's call. Sell just the away games for people in the CF area, or bundle with the home games for people that live in Florida, Texas, California, etc.

That would be a great way get more subscribers for UNI. And no more worries about recurring billing from whatever other school that you thought were cancelled.

Comment

it'll be on SycamoreVision (10.95 for one month subscription). It's just not posted on the schedule yet. Otherwise, no espn3 or anything.

Originally posted by SpudWebb View Post
        Not seeing anything, not even a PPV through the Sycamores' site. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by isu87 View Post
          it'll be on SycamoreVision (10.95 for one month subscription). It's just not posted on the schedule yet. Otherwise, no espn3 or anything.
          Thanks for the info....What's the quality like?
          EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-at-Arms View Post
            Thanks for the info....What's the quality like?
            I wouldn't get real excited about it. Better than radio or not at all but just barely. Sweeping view from press box.

Comment

Looks like UNI will be televising the Indiana State game this Saturday!
              Link:
              Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Does anyone know if they are still planning on showing the game at the dome on the new big screen?

Comment

That's for the South Dakota game on the 11th

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
                    Looks like UNI will be televising the Indiana State game this Saturday!
                    Link:
                    http://www.unipanthers.com/liveEvent..._ID=26200&KEY=
                    Love it.

Caution - Expect Tree Hugging announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
                      That's for the South Dakota game on the 11th

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
                      Ah, thanks. I for some reason thought it was for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
                        I wouldn't consider that "televising", but I suppose that's a matter of opinion too.

UNI is just adding the Indiana State internet feed to their subscription package (Panther Insider or whatever it is called). I imagine it is a recipricol type deal in that InSU will be able to carry UNI's online video stream of the InSU@UNI game next season.

I wish more schools did that, but this might only be happening b/c UNI and InSU both have streaming contracts with NeuLion.
                        I'd prefer to make a conference wide streaming service (so I could watch lots of valley games) but I can't believe each school doesn't share their home feed with the away team. Makes everyone's streaming package more valuable.
                        "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

The Iowa Conference has free online streaming through Stretch Internet. Each school adds the other schools internet feeds for their away games. I think Wartburg is the only conference school not using that service. It varies from school to school. For most it's one camera above the press box handled by a work study student, Dubuque has multiple cameras and shows replays.

If a D3 conference can offer service like that you would think the MVFC could supplement any TV coverage they have with a free service like Stretch Internet that services the Iowa Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79

I wish more schools did that, but this might only be happening b/c UNI and InSU both have streaming contracts with NeuLion.

I agree Jay. I wonder what other schools utilize Neulion and how we can get them to get on board?

Comment

I thought there was video for this game? Showing audio only now.
                              "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Working...
                              X