WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI to be part of ESPN TipOff Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI to be part of ESPN TipOff Marathon

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
    DVR, well, maybe take a half day on Wednesday.
    Well, maybe take a half day on Tuesday - the game is technically Tuesday or late Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannic88 View Post
      @St. Mary's, @ODU, @ISU, Iowa, @bracketbuster, is a heck of a non-conference schedule
      Yes that is a good schedule and if the Panthers come out of that unbeaten, watch out this is a heck of a good team. Even without Jordan.

Comment

Just got a reply from the Alumni Association.They are willing to send decorations, but no help for an event before (after?) the St Mary's game. Anyone seriously coming out to NorCal for the game? Wondering if I should invest any effort in this?

Don't suppose I could volunteer to host the team for dinner? I am certain that anything beyond a raised eyebrow or wink would be considered an NCAA violation.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if the whole team is invited (team activity) and no money is switching hands that your idea of a team dinner is legal. PM me if you have any further questions on this.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
            Just got a reply from the Alumni Association.They are willing to send decorations, but no help for an event before (after?) the St Mary's game. Anyone seriously coming out to NorCal for the game? Wondering if I should invest any effort in this?

Don't suppose I could volunteer to host the team for dinner? I am certain that anything beyond a raised eyebrow or wink would be considered an NCAA violation.
            Nice show with the school spirit, Trapped. Given your geographic separation, I'm glad to hear the game is so close. Remember to yell loudly and wear 18 layers of UNI clothing. Given the timing and the distance, even the most ardent supporter/parent would have a hard time with this trip. You might be one of the few Panthers in the gym that night.

Comment

Might not be many Panther fans there that night, but you don't need too many to make a crowd in this place.

Seats 3,400. In other words, it is the same size as West Gym.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Speaking of the west gym, do you think it would be a good idea to do a throw back game either in the dome or west gym? I know the volleyball team did one not to long ago and heard it went over really well.

Comment

Let me tell you that gym can shake when the Gaels are rollin. It's no Carrier Dome, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                    Nice show with the school spirit, Trapped. Given your geographic separation, I'm glad to hear the game is so close. Remember to yell loudly and wear 18 layers of UNI clothing. Given the timing and the distance, even the most ardent supporter/parent would have a hard time with this trip. You might be one of the few Panthers in the gym that night.
                    This a rare opportunity for me to see UNI anything in my time zone, more over 15 miles from my house. Unfortunately I don't think they could have gotten a much worse time slot. Would love to take the XY, but I think that I would be paying a $100+ to watch him sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                      Speaking of the west gym, do you think it would be a good idea to do a throw back game either in the dome or west gym? I know the volleyball team did one not to long ago and heard it went over really well.
                      I think the West Gym is probably out of the question, unless maybe for a D-3 opponent during the Christmas break or something. Even then, I don't think it would go over well with season ticket holders.

I think it would be cool to play in the UNI-Dome again someday... But just for one "special" game, maybe if/when SIU gets good again.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                        I think the West Gym is probably out of the question, unless maybe for a D-3 opponent during the Christmas break or something. Even then, I don't think it would go over well with season ticket holders.

I think it would be cool to play in the UNI-Dome again someday... But just for one "special" game, maybe if/when SIU gets good again.
                        I think your right about the west gym. I don't know about the dome. It wouldn't even have to be siu, we could go with Creighton too. The only thing is with those games we have a hard time selling out the Mac and that holds half of what the dome does. The only games I could see in the dome is Iowa or Iowa State, but then you probably get a several thousand iowa or iowa state fans which doesn't really make it a home court advantage. So for now lets just pack the Mac every night and then we can see about the dome once more!

Comment

I only picked the Salukis because their fans have a complex about playing in the dome.

I think the only way we would have a game in the Dome is for a gimmick kind of game. Charge $5 a head and fill it like was done back in the early 90's. Maybe get in free if you tight roll your jeans and wear a hypercolor T-shirt.

Comment

that would be awesome to wear throwback unis with short shorts and flat tops and play in the west gym

Comment

This is something I have always wanted to happen but will not because of money invested in our new facilities:

Have a conference game in the dome or somewhat marquee non conference opponent, do a good job marketing it, set prices low (5 or 10, maybe tier it a little) and then have an epic atmosphere with 18000 people hopefully.

Comment

I think having a "big game" in the Dome would be fantastic if done correctly.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X