WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carson Shanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson Shanks

I remember when he was mentioning UNI a bunch. Did he commit to Utah State? I never heard that. Dang, was hoping he would be a panther
    John 3:16

Re: Carson Shanks

yes, he visited there and committed. hard to blame him. their fan support is crazy good.

Comment

We had pulled the offer anyway.
      #MACtion

Comment

i dont think so. even ryan james thought that he was a UNI lean at the time.

Comment

Jake is pretty consistent with a one year deadline to accept. Royce White and Iman Shumpert are the only two exceptions that I am aware of.
          #MACtion

Comment

Twitter says that Shanks has left the program at Utah State. He's redshirting right now.
            Last edited by Hail Our Panthers; 12-19-2013, 01:59 PM.
            Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Utah state fans describe him as "homesick." Also they seem pretty disappointed about it. I guess things aren't going well for them over there. And yes I realize that we don't have any schollies, maybe he'd be willing to pay his way a year if Jake would still be interested.

Last edited by Hail Our Panthers; 12-19-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I don't think he is actually that good, he is basically just tall.

Comment

Colorado state, UNI, Nebraska, USC, USU, and Utah thought he was pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post
                    Colorado state, UNI, Nebraska, USC, USU, and Utah thought he was pretty good
                    Or that a 7 footer might be helpful. No one thought Eggs was good coming out of HS. And they were right for a couple years.

However, if he is interested then you won't hear me complain

Comment

keeping in mind UNI's offense, can this 7-footer shoot the three? Can he rebound from the 3-pt line? How does he feel about the bench?

Comment

I was really bummed when we missed on this kid.

This is exactly why moving forward Jake plans to keep a scholarship open in the spring.
                        Originally posted by TH1974
                        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Weird, I saw Utah St was playing tonight and I went to check their roster and see what's up with Carson. I'd be thrilled to get him here.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I wonder how tall Bennett Koch is now?

Comment

He's the tallest one on the team when they huddle in pregame, I would say if Buss is 6'9" then Bennett is 6'10"

Comment

Working...
                              X