WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND to MVFC and Summit (no one really cares about the 2nd part)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND to MVFC and Summit (no one really cares about the 2nd part)

Originally posted by claw View Post
    Pioneer League Campbell, long rumored to be a program looking to add scholarships, has schedule an announcement for Monday that they have tabbed at major.

Could be a big letdown or another scholarship program

What are you thinking?

Comment

They are going Big South.

Campbell's president hasn't hid their desire for scholarship football. Big South needs programs and Campbell is already Big South in all other sports.

Comment

In the last 6 years Campbell has gone from this

this (before this it was this but with old, poorly maintained grass)
        http://www.gocamels.com/sports/fball/2012-13/photos/0012/End_Zone_1023_WB.jpg[/IMG]

To this

I didn't link them as photos due to their size

I get the concept that money is tight everywhere so it would seem like schools are more likely to reduce scholarships than add, but that simply isn't the case, at all. We are seeing a "keeping up with the Joness" to some extent, even it it's a "We can't completely keep up but we are going to get as close as we can". Campbell is probably just the first of a handful of PFL teams over the next few years. Since the PFL has gotten their autobid every year they have had to have their champion be disqualified from taking it due to giving athletes improper benefits - re: scholarhsips
        Last edited by claw; 11-11-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
          In the last 6 years Campbell has gone from this

this (before this it was this but with old, poorly maintained grass)
          http://www.gocamels.com/sports/fball/2012-13/photos/0012/End_Zone_1023_WB.jpg[/IMG]

To this

I didn't link them as photos due to their size

I get the concept that money is tight everywhere so it would seem like schools are more likely to reduce scholarships than add, but that simply isn't the case, at all. We are seeing a "keeping up with the Joness" to some extent, even it it's a "We can't completely keep up but we are going to get as close as we can". Campbell is probably just the first of a handful of PFL teams over the next few years. Since the PFL has gotten their autobid every year they have had to have their champion be disqualified from taking it due to giving athletes improper benefits - re: scholarhsips
          Interesting. All you need is one BIG $ donor to build this infrastructure. I know many hate the addition of Loyola, but they're whole infrastructure was primarily built by one guy who has his name on a few buildings. Keep in mind you're talking a school with some high $ programs (law, medicine, etc.), and yet this guy dwarfs the rest of the cash coming in. I'll bet Campbell is the same. This probably isn't the dream of some school administrator.

Comment

just say no
            UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Official

Campbell going full 63 scholarships and big south in 2018

Comment

Working...
              X