WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Schedules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

But Drake has to agree.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

• Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
      But Drake has to agree.
      If course they do. That said a home and home gives them a huge gate every other year. That's the incentive for them.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
        If course they do. That said a home and home gives them a huge gate every other year. That's the incentive for them.

Which apparently isn't enough of an incentive. I don't think they've wanted to play us under any terms.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Drake is not keen on another ass-kicking. They're a strong academic institution, they know that those kind of whippings will be the norm from here on out. They will make sure it is well worth their injuries to get beaten down by us

Comment

A game with Hawaii is a very good thing, we just have to be a little smarter with it. We should not do it in a year when it's our second consecutive FBS game. They should practice for the game some, not sure they got much in last fall. Yes we lost, but it was a very winnable game for us and we should win it unless UH greatly improves. I doubt we lost money on the trip, probably came out better than any road game we could schedule against an FCS opponent. As people have said, it's a great recruiting tool. There were at least 800 UNI fans there, almost as many as we get for a home basketball game when we aren't ranked.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
              There were at least 800 UNI fans there, almost as many as we get for a home basketball game when we aren't ranked.
              Is this really true? It seems hard to believe.
              Originally posted by TH1974
              This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Probably a bit high. But we brought a lot of fans. I was at the game and there were probably 4-500 there.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                  Drake is not keen on another ass-kicking. They're a strong academic institution, they know that those kind of whippings will be the norm from here on out. They will make sure it is well worth their injuries to get beaten down by us
                  I can't blame them.

To take a non-scholarship team and put them on the field with a red-meat eating FCS team like UNI...you have to ask yourself if you're doing the right thing for your kids.

The last time I watched Drake play UNI...I was worried Drake's QB might leave the building on a stretcher.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    Pretty sure that's the number Troy stated at the pre-game party. Said UH AD told him UNI brought more fans than Oregon State. Maybe it was just rally talk. Whatever happened to that picture taken of the group in the hotel lobby anyway? I never found it. It was closer to 800 than 100, I can state that with almost certainty.

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                    I can't blame them.

To take a non-scholarship team and put them on the field with a red-meat eating FCS team like UNI...you have to ask yourself if you're doing the right thing for your kids.
                    The pioneer league gets an autobid to playoffs now don't they? If that's the case someone is saying they can play with the best of FCS. You and I know that's not true, but they at least should not be afraid to play us. I don't think UNI is afraid to play any FBS team.
                    Last edited by GonzoCat; 02-06-2015, 11:42 AM.
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

probably came out better than any road game we could schedule against an FCS opponent.
                      A game on the road against an FCS opponent would come with a home game in the Dome as well.
                      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

The pioneer league gets an autobid to playoffs now don't they? If that's the case someone is saying they can play with the best of FCS. You and I know that's not true, but they at least should not be afraid to play us. I don't think UNI is afraid to play any FBS team.
                        Yeah...that's a good point. Pretty sure Drake wouldn't turn down a playoff bid.

Also agree UNI would not back down from playing most any FBS team. But physically...I think UNI is more like an avg-to-good FBS team than Drake is like UNI.
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                          Yeah...that's a good point. Pretty sure Drake wouldn't turn down a playoff bid.

Also agree UNI would not back down from playing most any FBS team. But physically...I think UNI is more like an avg-to-good FBS team than Drake is like UNI.
                          I think this is a very accurate statement. Drake is what it is, a division 3 football program.
                          Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            Troy said on OPR tonight that Hawaii recently called, wanting to schedule another game with us for 2017. He said we could not make it work that year, but its possible that we could be going back out there in 2019 or 2020. Very cool!
                            I thought I heard a few months ago they were considering dropping football.
                            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• I see Homecoming is Oct 17, so much better than this past year when it was in September.

Comment

Anyone know the fall practice schedule? Times/Dates/Scrimmages? I know they started this week just looking for more information.
                                Last edited by alleycat; 08-08-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X