WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett Koch

Are we going to go after the third Koch brother, I saw him at the game last night and he has really shot up he is now 6'6" and did a little research and he is the only Sophomore on his varsity team.

Re: Bennett Koch

I can't imagine he doesn't end up here as a 4 for 5 at minimum...
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      I can't imagine he doesn't end up here as a 4 for 5 at minimum...
      Or maybe he would feel more comfortable playing at a different school or closer to home... etc

Comment

I would hope that there has been at least an implied offer out to him for a little while now. Would be cool to bring him in and then maybe land someone big on the inside, maybe from Minnesota....

Comment

I'm sure we will have to ask Mac if it would be OK for us to recruit him.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I did hear that the Creighton AD told Brian Koch that if his Men's basketball job opens up again he will be his first call.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
              I did hear that the Creighton AD told Brian Koch that if his Men's basketball job opens up again he will be his first call.
              Only if Gordy Bohannon does not take it first.

Comment

AK tweet:

Almost lost to my brother in one on one today... not Jake, but Ben...
                Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Adam has been playing D-League ball lately hasn't he? The season might be over (Go Energy) but it's not like he's way out of basketball shape.

Comment

I know he is the brother of two Panthers, but UNI should be nowhere near offering Bennett Koch a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by strike00 View Post
                      I know he is the brother of two Panthers, but UNI should be nowhere near offering Bennett Koch a scholarship.
                      Not at the moment at least. But that's not up to us to decide. Ben and Co. have done a pretty good job with the eldest two. This kid still has two more years of high school ball to go, when did we offer Adam and Jake?

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                        Not at the moment at least. But that's not up to us to decide. Ben and Co. have done a pretty good job with the eldest two. This kid still has two more years of high school ball to go, when did we offer Adam and Jake?
                        probably junior year or in between junior and senior year, i'm not sure though.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how Bennett transforms and takes on the situations he's given, and if it'll lend him to be a decent recruit.

p.s. Go Energy.
                          Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

To answer the question, I believe Jake was offered at Big Man Camp (or team camp) between his junior and senior year of HS. Adam was offered in between his junior/senior year (actually in July I believe). Adam's scholy offer was pulled b/c Roman Gentry committed to UNI. Then, Roman and UNI split ways and Adam was re-offered in early Fall-ish.

As for Bennett, he's in the 2013 class which is the primary target now for UNI basketball. All scholys are full for 2012 and there will be a few scholys available for the class that graduates Jake Koch, AJ, Sonnen, and Pehl. So far, Matt Thomas and Carson Shanks are the only offers on the table. Ironically, I believe KG was the lead recruiter for both (I think). You would always see KG talking with Carson's dad at the games afterward.
                            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                              So far, Matt Thomas and Carson Shanks are the only offers on the table. Ironically, I believe KG was the lead recruiter for both (I think). You would always see KG talking with Carson's dad at the games afterward.
                              I really hope that this isn't a deal breaker.
                              Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X