WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
    Mr. Green on the floor with his dad and Panthers players for open practice tonight. Mr. McDonnell not on the floor but on crutches after knee scoped several days ago. Mr. Warner and sons in attendance and had long conversation with new AD Mr. Harris on the floor.
    You sound like Bill O'Rielly, or an article from the Wall Street Journal. Was Mr. Trump (cough) there?

If McDonnell needed to get his knee cleaned out, this is a good time to do it. Hopefully McDonnell, Koch, Friedman, and Dahl live in the weight room once we're done.

Comment

I just hope we can somehow pull off this recruitment. It sucks it's going to prob drag out for the next year and some change. He could be a program changing type of pg for us.

Comment

AJ is a really nice player, but program changing is a bit of a stretch.

He knows the program and knows the system and that is his biggest advantage. I don't think he's the player that McCloud is and that's okay. We'd have two years of them complementing each other.

The whole key here is just to continue to accumulate talent and make sure that we're raising the level with each new class. We're doing that consistently right now.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

He knows the program and knows the system and that is his biggest advantage. I don't think he's the player that McCloud is and that's okay. We'd have two years of them complementing each other.

The whole key here is just to continue to accumulate talent and make sure that we're raising the level with each new class. We're doing that consistently right now.
          Your last paragraph is spot on. Regardless of whether it's anyone else, in state, out of state, etc. It does sound like Green would be a nice addition to the program. If people want the program to continue improving, then the talent level of the roster needs to keep going upward.

Comment

We don't really know how good he is going to be, actually. And he's already really good. He's only a sophomore in HS, and is already tearing it up. If not for a lucky tip in at the buzzer (by another future Panther) he would have led CF to the state title game, which would have been pretty remarkable.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

[QUOTE=BCPanther;440055]AJ is a really nice player, but program changing is a bit of a stretch.

The whole key here is just to continue to accumulate talent and make sure that we're raising the level with each new class. We're doing that consistently right now.[/

I just think his talent level can help bring our program to new levels. To have a true PG that can shoot, pass, and drive along with the type of players this program gets would be deadly IMO. I do think he will end up being a semi elite talent coming out of HS but I'll also admit I'm crazy high on this kid having seen him play some. Maybe a little higher on him with me thinking he could be purple and gold...

Comment

Put it this way, Fran McCafferry's kid at IC West is rated by some services as a top 50 kid in the country and he was nowhere near the player AJ is as a sophomore.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

How McCaffery is that highly rated is just crazy. He's not fluid at all. Not overly quick. I must be missing something somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                    You sound like Bill O'Rielly, or an article from the Wall Street Journal. Was Mr. Trump (cough) there?

If McDonnell needed to get his knee cleaned out, this is a good time to do it. Hopefully McDonnell, Koch, Friedman, and Dahl live in the weight room once we're done.
                    Not trying to sound like anyone. Just following the same prefix as stated in the title of this thread!

Comment

You're incorrect here, and hopefully UNI will get the chance to show it by landing Green. He is very possibly the best high school player in Iowa as a sophomore and has upside in that he knows the program and system at UNI. He grew up dreaming of playing for the Panthers and is good enough to make it a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                        You're incorrect here, and hopefully UNI will get the chance to show it by landing Green. He is very possibly the best high school player in Iowa as a sophomore and has upside in that he knows the program and system at UNI. He grew up dreaming of playing for the Panthers and is good enough to make it a reality.
                        Again, I hope He comes here and I think he'll have a really nice career here. Calling him the best player in the state is not even close to true.

Glad we're placing realistic expectations on him.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Again, I hope He comes here and I think he'll have a really nice career here. Calling him the best player in the state is not even close to true.

Glad we're placing realistic expectations on him.
                          Hey, you're the one capitalizing pronouns referring to him.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

Aj got upgraded to a 3 star rating on Rivals, for those who will argue that stars actually matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                              Aj got upgraded to a 3 star rating on Rivals, for those who will argue that stars actually matter.
                              Really hope we got get him but I fear he will blow up too much over the next 2 years.

Comment

Ok, here we go. Coach Nagy the head coach at South Dakota State is moving to Wright State. Justin Sell has UNI connections. The schools and their athletic programs are very similar. SDSU has been and is very aggressive about upgrading their programs. You would think people on Jake's staff would be given serious consideration to replace Nagy. If they hold the head coaching salary the same as Nagy's, any UNI assistant would get a doubling or even tripling of what they are paid at UNI (Nagy $225,000). Green $107,000

Comment

Working...
                                X