WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2016--Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class of 2016--Football Recruits

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    WR out of Blue Springs MO's 14-0 state title team...

Briley Moore...6'4" 215 lbs. Big Cat.
    Blue Springs has been good for UNI ... must be the purple unis.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
      Wow, we have picked up some really big Wideouts this year. It was a position of need and we pulled in some really Tall young men. 6'4", 6'4", 6'2", just right off the top. Over all I think the entire crop of recruits for UNI are pretty tall.
      Perfect fit for an offense to be built on a power run game with a big QB with a big arm.

I really thing Bill is going to get the OC job and we'll see an offense similar to that of 08 and prior

Comment

Christian Jegen is also verballed to UNI per Randy Withers twitter page

Apparently, Christian excels at being both a Wideout and CB! Awesome get!

Also He is also listed at 6'2"!
        Another tall recruit.
        Last edited by Superninja80; 01-14-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
          Christian Jegen is also verballed to UNI per Randy Withers twitter page

Apparently, Christian excels at being both a Wideout and CB! Awesome get!

Also He is also listed at 6'2"!
          Another tall recruit.
          Gatorade Kansas Player of the Year (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/hig...e47851245.html).

More on Jegan:

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
            Was Bret LeMaster the Kansas Gatorade POY as well?
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

WR out of Blue Springs MO's 14-0 state title team...

Briley Moore...6'4" 215 lbs. Big Cat.
              Watched a little video on BM.

Could see him putting on another 15-20 lbs and working out of the TE spot a bit. He's a big, physical guy catching the ball and then looking to dole out some punishment. Looks like a Larry Fitz out there.

Like the looks of Jegen as a play maker. Very athletic and strong and fast enough to make big plays. Looks like a kid who coulda played about anyplace on the field in HS.

Like the looks of Isiah Weston as well.
              Last edited by Blue42; 01-14-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

UNI needs to sign Noah Clayberg out of Pella.

Give that kid a RS year and then play him at either slot receiver or safety. He'll start for four years.

That's the kind of kid out of Iowa we need to get. Huge stats, knows how to win, very athletic but not quite the size the FBS boys look for.

If you can play, you can play. He'll help us win.

Comment

Add Brison White...OLB/SS out of Minnesota to the purple.

Think James Conley. Fast and agile.

Comment

Watched a little video on BM.

Could see him putting on another 15-20 lbs and working out of the TE spot a bit. He's a big, physical guy catching the ball and then looking to dole out some punishment. Looks like a Larry Fitz out there.

Like the looks of Jegen as a play maker. Very athletic and strong and fast enough to make big plays. Looks like a kid who coulda played about anyplace on the field in HS.

Like the looks of Isiah Weston as well.
                    I would agree with your assessment on BM. he does look like a guy who could work the middle of the field as a Tight End. Very physical and shows good hands and aggressive at attacking the ball. Would be a bad match up with his ability to go deep for Linebackers and too big and strong for DBacks.
                    Jegen looks like he could be a good one. Just wondering what side of the ball he was told he would play on. Or did they just mention he would be an athlete? If he and Shannon Sanford plays Defensive Back, then we would have another tall group. 6'2" and 6'3" respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                      Perfect fit for an offense to be built on a power run game with a big QB with a big arm.

I really thing Bill is going to get the OC job and we'll see an offense similar to that of 08 and prior
                      Dear lord I hope so, It would be nice to host a quarterfinal or even semi-final game.

Sounds like we are knocking it out of the park this year with recruiting, lets hope it pays dividends.
                      Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

With these recruits I have a hard time believing that won't be our offense. I read on Twitter Mario wasn't the co-OC until about 09. Previous to that it was only Bill, is that correct?

If so, it's pretty damming towards Mario that once he took control of the offense the identity and plan was completely gone.

Comment

Add Brison White...OLB/SS out of Minnesota to the purple.

Think James Conley. Fast and agile.
                          I was wondering if any of the East Ridge players would end up at UNI.

Weird year for them, started with their HC fired and top offensive lineman (four star recruit) ruled ineligible and an interim HC. They rallied and went to the state championship game, with a lead late in the fourth quarter only to lose with under two minutes left.

White will be a safety at UNI, most likely. He started as a safety at Cretin-Durham as a junior and bulked up in the off-season for a senior year at ERHS. I saw him twice this season - he is fast getting to the ball and seemed to always be involved in the play.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                            I was wondering if any of the East Ridge players would end up at UNI.

Weird year for them, started with their HC fired and top offensive lineman (four star recruit) ruled ineligible and an interim HC. They rallied and went to the state championship game, with a lead late in the fourth quarter only to lose with under two minutes left.

White will be a safety at UNI, most likely. He started as a safety at Cretin-Durham as a junior and bulked up in the off-season for a senior year at ERHS. I saw him twice this season - he is fast getting to the ball and seemed to always be involved in the play.
                            So he already knows the UNI culture.

Perfect

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                              So he already knows the UNI culture.

Perfect
                              It was eerily similar to the regular season game at NDSU this year.

Comment

UNI needs to sign Noah Clayberg out of Pella.

Give that kid a RS year and then play him at either slot receiver or safety. He'll start for four years.

That's the kind of kid out of Iowa we need to get. Huge stats, knows how to win, very athletic but not quite the size the FBS boys look for.

If you can play, you can play. He'll help us win.
                                Clayberg would be a great get but, from reading a DM Register article the other day, his dream team is in Iowa City and intimated he would walk on there if not given a UI scholarship.

Comment

Working...
                                X