WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
    No problem. You have a point, but I think it's very difficult to find quality big men that play just in the post (or are primarily in the post). I think that Jake Koch is and can play more in the post than has been shown at times this year, and I think Austin Pehl is obviously a 5 feet and in type of player at 6'10". I think you will see Seth Tuttle playing a good portion of his game with his back to the basket also (even though he has a nice bounce to his game that can take opponents from the wing to the post). In all reality, it's not like UNI has gone just after 6'6" post players. There are several they have gone after that blow up on the recruiting trails that don't end up at UNI. At this point, I'm not worried about the inside post presence.
    Something to consider: our style requires guys who are nimble on defense, and we were EXTREMELY fortunate that Jordan was able to get shaped up to run such a system. Otherwise, I'm perfectly content with having guys ranging from 6'10"-6'7" as long as they are fast, muscular and above all else, SMART. We have that and have getting that in the last three years. Size isn't everything.

Although, if you think I would complain about landing another 7 footer, you're nuts.

"Once it starts, it never ends."
    -Eldon Miller

Comment

Forward Marvin Singleton went for 21-points and Joe Coleman lead the Royals with 25-points, largely at the exspense of the Osseo frontcourt anchored by 6-foot-8-inch center Ian Theisen, who was in foul trouble much of the game.

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Most of these are from http://www.howardpulleybasketball.com/

Marvin Singleton finished with 26 points .... in Hopkins 87-57 win over Wayzata.
        Hopkins won at Eden Prairie 73-60 behind 25 points from Joe Coleman, 15 each from Siyani Chambers and Zach Stahl, 11 from Marvin Singleton.
        Hopkins defeated Maple Grove on the road 84-51 behind 19 points from Marvin Singleton, 18 from Joe Coleman, 9 points each from Andre McDonald and Zach Stahl, 6 from Demetruis Martin and 4 from Siyani Chambers.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Results: Won 84-51 at Maple Grove (Osseo) as Marvin Singleton had 19 points. Won 73-60 at Eden Prairie as Joe Coleman had 25 points.
        Note they are still ranked in the top 25 nationally

------------------------------------------------
        Marvin Singleton, Joe Coleman and Siyani Chambers scored 31, 25 and 14 points respectively to lead Hopkins over Edina 87-81.
        Marvin Singleton led all Royals scorers with 13 points in Hopkins 90-48 rout of Mpls Henry.
        Zach Stahl with 19 points held lead Hopkings over Wayzata 71-54, while Joe Coleman, Marvin Singleton, Siyani Chambers, Andre McDonald and Demetrius Martin chipped in 17, 12, 12, 2, and 2 points respectively.
        Hopkins lost at home to Eden Prairie 75-71 and in the Royals loss, Marvin Singleton, Joe Coleman, Zach Stahl, Siyani Chambers and Demetrius Martin scored 24, 23, 10, 8 and 6 points respectivley.
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Anyone know his wingspan?

Coleman was short but had a long wingspan....
          "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

wow, this kid sounds incredible. so much for Jacobson not being able to recruit

Comment

following hopkins, Marvin is a great recruit, you guys got a good one there.
              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Do we think he will play right away?
                John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan4ever View Post
                  Do we think he will play right away?
                  Yes..TEN CHARACTERS

Comment

Ten Character rule stinks....

Comment

I spent some time reading more about him and games this year and trying to find as much video as possible.

I see no way Marvin doesn't make All Freshman team and maybe FOY next year. Him being 6'5 seems standard across the board. I've saw his weight listed between 210 and 240. If he is 6'5 and even 220-225 he will be a monster.

Comment

A more recent photo of him. He has a great build for a freshman. By the time he is a senior...I think he may be the recruit I'm most excited about right now

He may be our first "athletic looking" player.
                        Last edited by UNI83; 03-11-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
                          I spent some time reading more about him and games this year and trying to find as much video as possible.

I see no way Marvin doesn't make All Freshman team and maybe FOY next year. Him being 6'5 seems standard across the board. I've saw his weight listed between 210 and 240. If he is 6'5 and even 220-225 he will be a monster.
                          could you post some videos and photos here (or links)? I don't know much of anything about him
                          John 3:16

Comment

UNI getting an "athletic player" I never thought that would happen in my lifetime!

Comment

If Kwadzo isn't athletic looking, I don't know who is.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                                If Kwadzo isn't athletic looking, I don't know who is.
                                aaaaaaaanthonyyyyyy jaaaaaaaaaames

Comment

Working...
                                X