WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Originally posted by Superstar View Post
    are u serious he's got enough talent to get some playing time next year i really dont see him redshirting, why do u think he would redshirt since your so for it
    How many times do we have to lay those reasons out for you?

Comment

I See It Ya'll Just Dont Recognize Talent, He's Going To Suprise You All Just Wait And See I'm Dont Talking On Here!!!!!!!! You Shall Find Out Very Soon!!!!!!! Just Watch And See!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its because of what we have on the team already we have kwedzo and ALi who each have 2 years left and Moran who is coming in. we have 3 point gaurds If he redshirts that will give him one year of backing up those 3 and give him some experience playing before he has to take over a major role and he will then have 3 years as being on of the feature points on the team
        Only person in the dome with a PURPLE shirt from 2005 and a red hat on

GAYEST WORD EVER "TOUCHE"
        GAYEST THING TO PUT IN A POST "10 CHARACTERS"

Morons of the month from Waterloo

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
          How many times do we have to lay those reasons out for you?
          I think he is just trying to get everyones opinion so he can actually start to bleive that James is not the best thing that happened to uni.
          OR he is a left winger and struborn

Comment

Originally posted by dustin86 View Post
            I have seen his videos on youtube and i was not that overall impressed and i think it would be better for the team if he red shirted next year and could give us 4 years after that.
            Wait a second, I can understand you saying he wont start or play a lot right away, but to say he's not impressive is a little weird. NBA range on the jumpshot, great leaping ability, blazing speed, ability to create his own shot. Lots of positives. Also, you said you saw one of his games and then you said you saw his video(s), which one is it?
            [email protected]

http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Comment

Also, you guys might want to layoff Superstar. He says he is a friend of James' and you dont want all this to get back to a player who just committed and be indicative of what UNI fans are like.
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by STL HOOPS INSIDER View Post
                Also, you guys might want to layoff Superstar. He says he is a friend of James' and you dont want all this to get back to a player who just committed and be indicative of what UNI fans are like.
                What we are like? People who use proper English and have a decent reading comprehension? God forbid a player want to to go a school with fans like that.

Comment

Wait a second, I can understand you saying he wont start or play a lot right away, but to say he's not impressive is a little weird. NBA range on the jumpshot, great leaping ability, blazing speed, ability to create his own shot. Lots of positives. Also, you said you saw one of his games and then you said you saw his video(s), which one is it?
                  I seen one of his video on youtube and yea he is good but i dont see him getting much playing time next year so why should he waste a year when he can take his redshirt and have four years after that

Comment

Originally posted by clenz
                    Seriously though, if you, superstar, or James want to judge a message board off of 2-4 people trying to get superstar to understand that a red shirt isn't a bad thing and it won't hurt James that is just petty.

When superstar learns that Cedar Falls, IA isn't the dang hood and learns to speak English and not call his friends by the N words I will start to listen to and give some credence to his thoughts. Until he gets his head out of the clouds thinking James is above a red shirt, WHICH NO ONE IS coming into our program, I don't respect his opinion in this matter.
                    I'm not arguing the redshirt issue, I just think you might be being a little rough on his friend. The redshirt issue is really up to the coaches. As of now, James isnt redshirting. When he arrives on campus and gets some practices in and we will know differently.
                    [email protected]

Comment

• Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

ok, then if u say so but why redshirt somebody who can come in and contribute right away!!!!!!! that's not a good move

Comment

There are many reasons a student-athlete may redshirt. A student-athlete may redshirt to gain a year of practice with the team prior to participating in competition. In football, a student-athlete may redshirt to add size prior to participating since football tends to favor larger players. Since the college years coincide with the typical completion of physical maturity, using a year of eligibility in the fifth college year is generally more beneficial to the team and to the student-athlete's potential professional prospects than it is to use the same year of eligibility in the first college year. Players, especially in football, may redshirt to learn the team's play book since college teams run more complex and more plays generally than most high school teams. In other cases, a player may be granted a redshirt if he or she has participated in less than 10% of the season taking place in an academic year. This rule is most commonly exercised in the Football Championship Subdivision of football (formerly known as I-AA). Commonly, an athlete will redshirt the first year of college, if the athlete is redshirting at all.

An athlete may be asked to redshirt if he or she would have no opportunity to play as an academic freshman. This is a common occurrence in many sports where there is already an established starter or too much depth at the position in which the freshman in question is planning to play.

Comment

he is not gonna contribute on a big level like he would if he got redshirted we have 3 players who are gonna play that position ahead of him so why would we waste a year of his time when he maybe plays 4 minutes a game when we can have have him when 2 of the 3 ahaed of him graduate

Comment

I'm not arguing the redshirt issue, I just think you might be being a little rough on his friend. The redshirt issue is really up to the coaches. As of now, James isnt redshirting. When he arrives on campus and gets some practices in and we will know differently.
                            I understand that, and the red shirt isn't a certainty by any means. I'm just saying that with the depth that we have at the 2/wing it could be in BOTH parties best interest if it happens. It gives him 4 years to shine without having 2 SR's and 6 others to split time with.

Comment

does it matter who's in front of him, now what if he proves to be better and contribute than they could. he could take their spots next year!!!!!!! trust me he can take somebody spot for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Superstar View Post
                                does it matter who's in front of him, now what if he proves to be better and contribute than they could. he could take their spots next year!!!!!!! trust me he can take somebody spot for sure
                                Why would we limit the playing time of all of our players? We have a huge jam at the wing. We can sit him a year and give him 4 years of less people to split time with.

Comment

Working...
                                X