WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaver Takes New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaver Takes New Job

Bulldog assistant takes high school job

By Todd Kelly
    [email protected]

Mississippi State has a vacancy on the men's basketball staff following Sam Weaver's hiring as activities director and boys basketball coach at Kennett High School in Missouri.

Weaver, 45, spent the past two seasons on Rick Stansbury's staff at MSU. Weaver is a former head coach at Alcorn State (1993-96) and Northern Iowa (1998-2001). He couldn't be reached for comment.

"It was a combination of things," Stansbury said last weekend. "Sam's been at this level long enough. I just think he was ready to go spend some time with his family. His wife and sons have moved back to that area, so it gives him an opportunity to get back close to them."

Stansbury said he doesn't have a replacement in mind to fill Weaver's position. MSU assistant coaches Robert Kirby — a junior college teammate of Weaver's in Missouri — and Phil Cunningham are expected to return as the Bulldogs shoot for a fourth consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament.

"I haven't even thought about (the staff vacancy)," Stansbury said. "I've been on the road recruiting. I'd like to have it filled before school starts probably."

The fall semester at Mississippi State begins Aug. 18.

My very best to Sam. He is a good man.
    http://www.uni.edu/unialumni/justfun...s/fightsong.rm

Comment

Originally posted by Pantherpower
      My very best to Sam. He is a good man.
      Too bad he couldn't coach.
      UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Sam has taken the head coaching job at Cairo HS in Illinois.
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Directly beneath the 'THUMPS UP" to Cairo, there's a "THUMBS DOWN" to the people at the Herrin, IL Maytag operation. People here in Central Iowa can understand their situation. I think people in Newton are going through the exact same thing.
          "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Another article (more detailed).
            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974
              Too bad he couldn't coach.
              Or graduate players. That guy managed one of the lowest graudation rates in the country. That's failing in two HUGE areas. Good luck to him though. Maybe high school will be a better fit.

Comment

From head coach at a now successful DI program, to an assistant at a formerly decent DI to shuffling around the high schools ranks... Sounds like he's doing what a lot of coaches do...but in REVERSE.

Comment

I feel bad for those high school kids who now have to deal with that idiot. Maybe he can still schedule 6 am practices and make his assistants coach the practices while he stays home and sleeps in.

Comment

I'm confused. The Courier says he accepted a job at his college alma matter.

Henderson State University is committed to preparing students for employment in high-demand fields in Arkansas and our region.
                    Last edited by dirtyD; 06-07-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Dirty D... Sam did take a job at HSU. He had taken a new job at a high school in Illinios earlier this year. Look at the date of each "post" and I think that will help.

Comment

I think I know what is happening. Sam Weaver is jumping ships so fast that his resume can't keep up.

THE WEAVER RESUME
                        " 1982-87 Southeast Missouri State - Assistant Coach
                        " 1987-88 Drake University - Assistant Coach
                        " 1988-89 Missouri Southern College - Assistant Coach
                        " 1989-93 Southern Illinois University-Carbondale - Assistant Coach
                        " 1993-96 Alcorn State University - Head Coach
                        " 1996-98 Iowa State University - Associate Head Coach
                        " 1998-2001 Northern Iowa - Head Coach
                        " 2001-02 Clarksville (Arkansas) High School - Head Boy's Coach
                        " 2002-04 Mississippi State University - Assistant Coach
                        " 2004-06 Kennett (Missouri) High School - Head Coach & AD
                        " June 5, 2006 Henderson State University - Head Coach

It doesn't include the High School Job he accepted May 2006 and then quit to go to HSU. Glad to see he is screwing over High School AD's as well as college. If my resume showed I left jobs after 2 years, I would be unemployed because nobody would waste their time and $ with me. Keep up the good work Sam. Eventually you will be canned from every educational institution in the US. Good look overseas.

Someone needs to close this thread so we don't waste further time on this guy. Go Jake!!

Comment

Working...
                        X