WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawks pick up a 24 year old sophomore out of a prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawks pick up a 24 year old sophomore out of a prison

Tied up a 71 year old man, beat him, stole from him and left him tied up. It was a terrible crime. The one good tihng for the Hawkeyes is that they don't have to worry about underage drinking with him.

26 years old, he is the same age as Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaPanther View Post
      You're an idiot for comparing the two. Please go away.
      Panther Nation like button

Comment

I will say this, the guy was what 17 when he did that? Granted tying someone
        Up and beating them is never good. But 17 years old he was still young and stupid.
        I am glad to see he is changing his ways and wants to graduate with a degree, a lot
        Of people close to him say he is a changed man, who made a mistake when he was young.

Fran needed this guy, iowa is gonna be hurting for players who can compete at the big
        10 level.

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post
          Fans should be used to that already with Lucas O'Rear having been around for the past few years.
          Possibly the dumbest post in the history of PN.com
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I would love to see this end up as a reclamation story, although I would prefer it not happen at iowa. The kid has served his time and earned back his freedom.

I will say that the kids press conference was very positive and he has had a ton of people backing him. He was thoroughly checked out by iowa.

I will add that he was the driver in this robbery. This is "better" in my eyes. I would not be able to accept his past if he were the actual attacker after reading the details.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaPanther View Post
              http://hawkcentral.com/2011/04/23/ju...icks-hawkeyes/

This explains why he got 4 years. Sounds like a pretty serious crime.

I believe in second chances for some things, but not beating and tying up an old man and robbing his house.
              This clearly speaks to the level of desparation in Iowa City.

How can you possibly sign a guy who committed armed robbery and beat and tied up on elderly man in his own home?

The lack of standards in Iowa City continues to surprise even me.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                He was thoroughly checked out by iowa.
                Did they miss the part where he participated in a violent armed robbery?

Comment

how do they know he can hoop? I mean, yea he can get lots of steals...but sounds like he'd be a football guy

Comment

I'm sorry, and I know Iowa is always a touchy subject, but this whole thing is a joke. There is just literally no way you can justify this as an Iowa fan.

Excuses we've already heard in this thread:
                    -He was only 17 when it happened
                    -It happened a long time ago
                    -He served his time
                    -He was "only" the driver in the robbery
                    -Seems like a good kid now
                    -Iowa "checked" him out carefully before signing
                    -Fran really needed him

LOL, c'mon people. This is ridiculous. The guy is a convicted felon that served years in prison on multiple different charges, and Iowa just gave him a scholarship to play basketball in the Big 10. Congrats, Iowa fans.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                      I'm sorry, and I know Iowa is always a touchy subject, but this whole thing is a joke. There is just literally no way you can justify this as an Iowa fan.

Excuses we've already heard in this thread:
                      -He was only 17 when it happened
                      -It happened a long time ago
                      -He served his time
                      -He was "only" the driver in the robbery
                      -Seems like a good kid now
                      -Iowa "checked" him out carefully before signing
                      -Fran really needed him

LOL, c'mon people. This is ridiculous. The guy is a convicted felon that served years in prison on multiple different charges, and Iowa just gave him a scholarship to play basketball in the Big 10. Congrats, Iowa fans.
                      Good post ! I am sorry but NO one can tell me oh he was just 17 and young and stupid, if you don't know at 17 that robbery is against the law then you really have a severe problem LOL if the guy wants to try and turn his life around fine but I sure dont see where he should get a scholarship.
                      Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

After reading some Iowa message boards, it's incredible how many of them say that they think Hubbard is a changed man and has learned his lesson. What basis are they using for this? The fact that he says he was just mixed up with the wrong people? I'm sorry, but I see that as a way to deflect responsibility for his actions rather than owning up to his actions.

Comment

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that he has been out for 2 years, I do think some of us are under the impression that he got out on Thursday and then signed today. This is still a huge risk in my opinion, but he has been out of trouble for 2 years. Still I think it shows you that Iowa is still a tough sell for Franny.

Comment

What about uni recruit who assaulted a teammate and was kicked off the team??
                            Wait he did nothing and its all water under the bridge.

I am excited to see this kid, hey more competition in the state, hopefully no more
                            51-39 games!!

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
                              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
                                The one who was voted prom king by his peers? Yeah, he sounds like a terrible guy. I would have to question the accuracy of your little rant there
                                Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Working...
                                X