WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Couple things

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    I thought I read a tweet from Kelly Beaton last week that said the interest in UNI has gone up recently.
    I've also heard that his interest has gone up, but I was like a 5th or 6th-hand source so I wasn't even going to mention it. I'd imagine that Woodbury is Ben's number one target for 2012
    Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Shanks probably has more up side

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        Shanks probably has more up side
        Shanks is a 2013, right?

I don't really know much about Shanks but have you seen Woodbury's offer list? It's pretty salty. For UNI to land him out of all the teams who have offered would be a pretty big deal IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post
          Shanks is a 2013, right?

I don't really know much about Shanks but have you seen Woodbury's offer list? It's pretty salty. For UNI to land him out of all the teams who have offered would be a pretty big deal IMO
          http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...Woodbury-97910
          The list is "salty" I want us to put some effort into getting him but not so much that we forget about Carson and miss out on both of them.

Comment

It's a testament how far the program has come that we are fighting over recruits with Big 10 & Big 12 teams on a regular basis. It seems we have progressed beyond the safety school, to being one of the last 3-4 teams in the mix.

We just need a couple of those decisions to swing our way in the same class to really push the momentum forward.

Comment

Tweets from a minnesota BB source:

Also, Creighton recently was at Prior Lake watching Carson Shanks ( a seven foot soph), Wisconsin and NDSU in today, and....
              Add Colorado St to the list of schools coming to watch Carson Shanks tomorrow

Comment

Tweets from a minnesota BB source:

http://twitter.com/#!/RyanJamesMN
                It seems like a lot of people almost assume that he will be a panther. I think it would be best for everyone to lower there expectations of getting him. Yes he seems to have a high opinion of us from tweets and family appearances at games. But what happens when Minnesota offers him a scholarship or Wisconsin, etc. Just something to consider.

Comment

Carson Shanks had Niko Medved of Colorado State, Ben Johnson from UNI, and Alex Jenson from Saint Louis in the gym tonight.

Comment

Ben is a great guy, hopefully he had the chance to speak with Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                      Ben is a great guy, hopefully he had the chance to speak with Carson.
                      Hopefully not. I believe that would be an NCAA violation.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        Hopefully not. I believe that would be an NCAA violation.
                        Oh true...forgot to think before posting..

My apologies. You forget so much in just a few years. I guess when you aren't a highly touted recruit (like I wasn't...in track nonetheless) coaches aren't too concerned with who may or may not notice them talking with you. Carson, on the other hand is a bit on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                          Ryan Rosburg, 6'8" PF from St. Louis has UNI looking at him.
                          http://twitter.com/NateLatsch/status/13226451566329858
                          Stanford, Illinois, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, SIU-Carbondale and Loyola-Chicago all at Marquette tonight to watch Ryan Rosburg

Also, another STL area kid...

UIC and Northern Iowa in to see Brian Bennett, Brown interested in Bennett, Matt Chaltin and Zach Roswold

He's about 6'9" I believe. 2012.
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                            I have a feeling that we will be hearing about us looking at a lot of post players for next years scholarship. Our potential "recruits" might have an average height of 6'8'' when its all done.

Comment

Colorado State offered Prior Lake 7-foot-0 sophomore Carson Shanks this evening. Carson already had an offer from Northern Iowa
                              I really wouldn't mind if Colorado State stopped messing around in Minnesota.

Don't bite, son!

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/RyanJamesMN/st...46198113730560

I really wouldn't mind if Colorado State stopped messing around in Minnesota.

Don't bite, son!
                                Damn Colorado State....

And their lousy mountains.
                                Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X