WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple things

I've been away from PN for several days and wanted to catch people up a little on the recruiting trail. Some people will be happy to see some "tall" guys getting offers...

UNI offers 7'1"/225lbs sophomore (Class '13) Carson Shanks.

I think I may have seen him sitting behind UNI's bench tonight, but not 100% sure. (I know, it's kind of hard to be unsure on a 7'1" kid!)

Jace Tavita, a junior at Utah (Utes) is transferring. He was voted a team captain, but wants playing time elsewhere. It's being reported on twitter by some guy that UNI is interested in him. It doesn't make sense as UNI has all their scholys for next year filled. Anyway, maybe he would walk on and either use a RS next year, or just be eligible for 1 semester.

Ryan Rosburg, 6'8" PF from St. Louis has UNI looking at him.

Northern Iowa and SEMO were both at Webster Classic to watch Marquette junior 6-8 center Ryan Rosburg
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Re: Couple things

Carson was there. I just was looking at the panther nation Twitter page and he's a recent follower. He tweeted "Great trip to UNI". Really excited if we could land this kid.
    Last edited by casbern; 12-12-2010, 08:35 AM.
    Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Glad the kid is from MN so a snow and 50 mph winds won't scare him off. Probably just felt like another Saturday night to him.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

It says that he switched schools from last year, too bad he didn't decide to go to Tartan, he have had a few decent players from there.

Comment

Another thing, this kid could grow another couple of inches very easily, he is only a sophmore. That could mean 7'4" is possible if not taller.

Comment

i saw on the espn recruiting site too that Tartan HS has a 2013 prospect with a 90 grade already. Since Tartan was brought up.

Comment

I think b/c he transferred he has been ineligible this year, or at least that's what I think this tweet means.

Forgot Carson Shanks is ineligible this year after the transfer
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Any reports on how our schollys for next year are doing this season?
                “Where words leave off, music begins.”
                ― Heinrich Heine

Comment

I've updated Bohannon, Mitchell, Tuttle, and I believe Singleton in the recruiting forum under their respective pages.

Tuttle: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=34913
                  Bohannon: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=33374
                  Mitchell: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=34408
                  Singleton: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=33331
                  Lyle: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=26636 (I haven't been able to find much on Lyle thus far)
                  Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Carson Shanks was behind the bench again last night. That's the 2nd game he has attended this year in the McLeod Center. Let's hope that relationship continues to blossom and Carson decides to wrap up his recruiting soon with a Panther verbal! That would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                      Carson Shanks was behind the bench again last night. That's the 2nd game he has attended this year in the McLeod Center. Let's hope that relationship continues to blossom and Carson decides to wrap up his recruiting soon with a Panther verbal! That would be sweet.
                      That would be very nice.

Comment

I deleted my post until I'm able to re-size the image.
                        Originally posted by TH1974
                        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Here is some info on Carson:

Carson Shanks
                          7'0" Center
                          Eastview High School
                          Class of 2013

Based on his rivals page, he has interest from a bunch of high majors (Oregon State, Wisonsin, Washington St.) but only offer is from UNI.

Excellent size. A tall, long and skilled big man. Tremendous upside potential! Has the ability to face up, and knock down jumpers from the perimeter, and also battles hard for position, and scores the ball inside. Definetely a prospect that you will hear a lot about over the course of the next four years as he gets stronger and physically matures. A chance to be a big-time player.
                          Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Shanks is a big, strong, tough, young post with great potential. Carson has good movements for being this big at this stage of his life. The more he plays and the more comfortable he becomes with his body will determine what level he will play at. Carson demonstrates good hands with some of the catches he makes and rebounds he comes up with. Carson is limited in his scoring ability; it is apparent that he is still learning how to play effectively.
                          Originally posted by TH1974
                          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

He's given UNI a lot of love on his twitter page:
                            12/12: Great trip to UNI
                            12/13: Great weekend at UNI. Really likin the Panthers right now.
                            12/27: @PantherNation_ That tournament(Las Vegas) was a blast to watch. When we shoot the ball well we are so good.
                            1/22: 2nd row behind the bench at UNI. Crowd is great. Panthers are killin Drake.
                            Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Getting another 7 footer would be out of this world. I shudder when I think of the possibilities of where this program can go...

"Once it starts, it never ends."
                              -Eldon Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X