WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Students where are you? Tickets for isu and other games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students where are you? Tickets for isu and other games

First off, I would like to ask where the students have been this year so far for basketball games. This year’s team is looking to be a very good team and needs the students support. It does not look good when the McLeod center is full except for the student section being HALF full? I just don’t understand that! UNI has 2 home games on espn2 this year. Bradley and Wichita state I believe. Those are going to be HUGE games and it would be nice to fill the student section.

OK about tickets.....ISU game, cause of the limited seats on the floor the # of student tickets reserved online was kept to that amount. BUT...any student can come to that game still and have there ID and get in. SO students will not be turned away at this game. Cause it is in the dome. Come EARLY to get good seats. Iowa state is bringing some buses to bring up there student section so students NEED to be there and LOUD to show ISU’s section how to do it and make sure they are not louder then us.

Other games....Students need to reserve there tickets online at http://unipanthers.cstv.com/tickets/...ticketing.html
    Sign in and reserve your tickets. Tickets that are not reserved and left are going to be used at the game. So even if you don’t reserve a ticket you can still show up WITH YOUR ID and get in if not all the tickets are reserved. So basically...students will be able to get in most of the games if they just come with there ID! But just to be safe, students should reserve there ticket online a couple days before the game. Another thing, you don’t need to bring in a printed ticket, just have your ID and you will be able to get in.

STUDENTS lets have a good showing from now on and support possibly one of the best teams to play here. Hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by uni22; 11-27-2006, 02:36 PM.

The Bradley game falls on an unfortunate date: December 27.

I was planning on coming up for that game--Can people buy general admission tickets and stand in the student section like years past? I don't yet feel like I can sit and watch a basketball game.

Comment

speechpanther-

yes, you can buy general admission (or standing room only). People can buy those tickets and then sit in the areas where students don't sit (but in the student section).
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Only if there are extra student seats left the day of the game

Comment

Right, but two days after Christmas, there won't be a full student section. There should be plenty of standing room only seats for people to buy tickets for.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by uni22 View Post
            First off, I would like to ask where the students have been this year so far for basketball games. This year’s team is looking to be a very good team and needs the students support. It does not look good when the McLeod center is full except for the student section being HALF full? I just don’t understand that! UNI has 2 home games on espn2 this year. Bradley and Wichita state I believe. Those are going to be HUGE games and it would be nice to fill the student section.

OK about tickets.....ISU game, cause of the limited seats on the floor the # of student tickets reserved online was kept to that amount. BUT...any student can come to that game still and have there ID and get in. SO students will not be turned away at this game. Cause it is in the dome. Come EARLY to get good seats. Iowa state is bringing some buses to bring up there student section so students NEED to be there and LOUD to show ISU’s section how to do it and make sure they are not louder then us.

Other games....Students need to reserve there tickets online at http://unipanthers.cstv.com/tickets/...ticketing.html
            Sign in and reserve your tickets. Tickets that are not reserved and left are going to be used at the game. So even if you don’t reserve a ticket you can still show up WITH YOUR ID and get in if not all the tickets are reserved. So basically...students will be able to get in most of the games if they just come with there ID! But just to be safe, students should reserve there ticket online a couple days before the game. Another thing, you don’t need to bring in a printed ticket, just have your ID and you will be able to get in.

STUDENTS lets have a good showing from now on and support possibly one of the best teams to play here. Hope to see you all there!
            In our defense, weve only had 2 games so far, against 2 subpar opponents. We had a decent showing at the UW-Milwaukee game, and I know for a fact some people didnt come because they were confused by the ticket system. Obviously we didnt have a great crowd Friday but thats because it was the day after Thanksgiving so you have to expect that. I'm confident that the crowds will increase for the conference games, although dont expect a big student crowd for Bradley because, as it has been said, its 2 days after Christmas.

Id also like to point out that you're preaching to the choir at Panthernation.
            Sincerely,
            The Future AD of the University of Northern Iowa

Comment

I realize all this, sorry...I just hate not seeing that student section full. I was just trying to get it out how the student tickets were working too, so there were no questions on it and to let students know how it works so they know they can come to most of games and not worry about not being able to get in.

Comment

dude, here's not the place to do it, while i was a little harsh earlier, i say go to the dorms, i welcome more vocal fans, we need more of them. I would say that you seem like a gutsy person, walk up and down the hallways of the dorms(as long as you are a uni student living in the dorms, otherwise people get suspicious, stupid paranoid people) and invite students out. been doing it all weekend. now to bed, 4:45 will come early. PC
                Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

Working...
                X