WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McLeod Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLeod Madness

Join us in the McLeod Center for a night of fun featuring the University of Northern Iowa wrestling, women's basketball and men's basketball teams on Fri., O...

Think it's a cool idea and good way to get students involved. Free Pizza always works.

Re: McLeod Madness

I remember hearing that we never used to do this because it counts as a practice. I'm not sure if that rule has changed or if coach just wanted a change. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
      I remember hearing that we never used to do this because it counts as a practice. I'm not sure if that rule has changed or if coach just wanted a change. Can't wait!
      The rule changed, they are allowed to a few more practices and they can start earlier.

Comment

Was reading up on that, and saw this one on "Panther Pals" on the headlines as well

I can't wait to ask my son if he's interested in doing it.

Comment

minor correction, but i dont believe the number of practices changed. just a bigger window so they can have days off.

Comment

I sure hope no one gets hurt during the dunk contest!!

Comment

Very nice. Glad to see that we are doing new things to generate more interest and excitement like this and the breakfast.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                minor correction, but i dont believe the number of practices changed. just a bigger window so they can have days off.
                Ok, I wasn't sure. I figured with the bigger window they might get one or two more practices. Plus the extra two hours they get (per week i think) during the summer really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                  Ok, I wasn't sure. I figured with the bigger window they might get one or two more practices. Plus the extra two hours they get (per week i think) during the summer really helps.
                  definitely. and in reality, they probably do get more actual practices in that the kids would get a couple days off during the 30 day window in previous years.

i am very excited for this year with all the new roles and faces. i think it could be pretty ragged early, but this team will have a much different look because we simply do not have the outside shooting that weve had in years past. i doubt its an NCAA team but i see us continuing our top-4 finish streak. for those who have followed the program for decades growing into this type of consistent program seemed impossible at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                    I sure hope no one gets hurt during the dunk contest!!
                    This might be the first year ever that we have had enough players to have a respectable dunk contest. Washpun has to be the favorite.

Comment

I remember a dunk contest in the West gym ('90? '91?) where James Jones, former Panther D-lineman brought the house down with a dunk during the contest. (wasn't in the competition, but it was fun)
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
                        This might be the first year ever that we have had enough players to have a respectable dunk contest. Washpun has to be the favorite.

I'll take Morrison...
                        #MACtion

Comment

I encourage people to come early and catch the volleyball match. Illinois State is undefeated in conference and atop the standings, coming off of home victories over Wichita State (the hands-down favorite to win the league) and Missouri State.

the UNI volleyball team has the talent to beat the Redbirds in the McLeod, but they have struggled at times this year with consistency issues. Another good home crowd couldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                            I remember a dunk contest in the West gym ('90? '91?) where James Jones, former Panther D-lineman brought the house down with a dunk during the contest. (wasn't in the competition, but it was fun)
                            I remember quite a few pick up games in the PEC against James Jones. He was a FR or Soph., but still a pretty big kid. He was wicked quick for his size, and it was obvious he had some natural athletic gifts. Nick Nurse played with us some too, and I think James could've held his own, or won, in an agility/quickness type drill against Nick (short shuttle, cone drill, etc.). James went on to play several years in the NFL with the Lions (if I remember correctly).

Comment

Also had a few years with the Browns...
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X