WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Football Commit List

Liking this class a lot! And with a new offense / OC I actually feel about as jacked up for football season as is possible for it only being February and having a great basketball team that is rolling at 21 - 2. That was rambling, but point is, I'm excited again!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
      Liking this class a lot! And with a new offense / OC I actually feel about as jacked up for football season as is possible for it only being February and having a great basketball team that is rolling at 21 - 2. That was rambling, but point is, I'm excited again!
      I'm already getting excited about next season too. Schedule will be brutal but we have the pieces to be an exciting team.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDobber View Post
        I'm already getting excited about next season too. Schedule will be brutal but we have the pieces to be an exciting team.
        Just to level set, the year after next may be more realistic. Could certainly be good this coming season, but if they truly are implementing a new offense, that could take a while for everyone to gel. It may also require some skill players who either aren't on campus, or still pretty young. The replacements at LB, DT, and Safety will be key, since the defense may have to carry the team for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
          The replacements at LB, DT, and Safety will be key, since the defense may have to carry the team for a while.
          Well, the defense has been carrying the team for over a decade already, so shouldn't be a big adjustment.

The exciting part is maybe we are going to attempt to field an offense that can start to pull it's weight.
          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Do you think UNI signed the Eads kid to play S or WR? I know he played both in HS.

And we are a little think at WR. Especially with the offense we're looking to run.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              Do you think UNI signed the Eads kid to play S or WR? I know he played both in HS.

And we are a little think at WR. Especially with the offense we're looking to run.
              In the article it mentioned he was expected to play as a Safety. Although, we know that could change as soon as he makes it onto campus.
              Reviewing his film, he looks like he has great hands, but not quite as fast as you would like at WR. His skills as a DB look pretty solid. Has good instincts, is aggressive, has the short range speed/quickness to guard Backs and TE. Young man can also bring the wood when he hits.

Comment

I think that Eads is going to be a safety here, I do however wonder about Singleton and wonder about with his height if we look at him at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

A good guess says S. If the new OC wants to implement the offense I assume he wants to run, then most of the WRs we bring in will be from out of state. A guy like a healthy LeMaster will always have a place in any offense, or someone like Herring, but it's far easier to find those guys in more populated states than Iowa. Just simple math and reality.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                    I think that Eads is going to be a safety here, I do however wonder about Singleton and wonder about with his height if we look at him at WR.
                    Given some of the hybrid OLB/Safety types Farley has liked to field in the past, he probably could play OLB. Same with the Eads guy I just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                      I keep wondering about a certain Singleton on the basketball team and what he would look like lined up at TE or DE.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                        A good guess says S. If the new OC wants to implement the offense I assume he wants to run, then most of the WRs we bring in will be from out of state. A guy like a healthy LeMaster will always have a place in any offense, or someone like Herring, but it's far easier to find those guys in more populated states than Iowa. Just simple math and reality.
                        Give me an Iowa kid every time.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
                          Give me an Iowa kid every time.
                          True, Kenny Shedd, Dedric Ward, Ryan Hannam, Chris Nuss, David Johnson, Jarred Herring

Comment

Super excited about getting Tyler Eads!! Great talent! Will be a great Panther!!

Comment

Allen & Twait are 2 wins for UNI over NDSU, these 2 are legit and should play ASAP.
                              NDSU mopped up in the twin cities with10 kids but I liked those 2 you got
                              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Holy crap Lakes...was that a glimmer of humility?

Comment

Working...
                                X