WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kurt Warner to be inducted into the Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Warner to be inducted into the Hall of Fame

3rd time was the charm!
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Re: Kurt Warner to be inducted into the Hall of Fame

Are we talking NFL or UNI? I thought this was only his second shot at NFL. UNI I guess he's had a standing offer for 6-7 years.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

As someone who said Jay Johnson is fine and we don't need Warner to replace him, I apologize and send congratulations!!
      "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
        Are we talking NFL or UNI? I thought this was only his second shot at NFL. UNI I guess he's had a standing offer for 6-7 years.
        The article the Cardinals posted said it was his third year. That could be incorrect.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Warner retired after the 2009-2010 season, and hit the 5-yrs retired mark (entering HoF eligibility) in 2015.

He was a finalist in 2015, 2016 and this year (2017).

Discover who the yearly finalists are for every year of the Pro Football Hall of fame including who was elected as a member of the class and vote totals.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            Warner retired after the 2009-2010 season, and hit the 5-yrs retired mark (entering HoF eligibility) in 2015.

He was a finalist in 2015, 2016 and this year (2017).

http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes...rly-finalists/
            Thanks, everything seems like less years than it is to me now days. Looking at that list he probably should have got in 2015, but they added a contributor category that year for I guess owners, GMs, and commissioners, etc. and they took 2 of them that year which probably cost KW the selection. Then last year it was Favre or Warner I suppose. A lot of very good players took several years to get in. There is some politics involved somehow I imagine and a lot of it just depends on timing, who else gets nominated the same year.

Anyway congrats to KW, I was just in my basement yesterday looking at a framed jersey from the Rams days along with some Barnstormers items we threw in to give to my youngest son for christmas 15 years or so ago.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Terrell Owens was on the ballot, but not choose for second time eligible. The guy was apparently a self centred drama volcano, but his athletic ability was off the charts. It does show that the people voting are looking at more than just stats.

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                Terrell Owens was on the ballot, but not choose for second time eligible. The guy was apparently a self centred drama volcano, but his athletic ability was off the charts. It does show that the people voting are looking at more than just stats.

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3
                Well I don't think there was any issue there with Kurt. But I see it did take Michael Irvin 3 times so you are probably on to something. He was a pretty decent guy except for the time he tried to kill a teammate and the time a cop tried to have him killed because he threatened to kill the cops girlfriend who was a witness against him in a drug case and probably a hell of a lot of other stuff that never came out. He's very lucky to be in the HOF and making a lot of money as an NFL commentator and not in prison.
                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                  Well I don't think there was any issue there with Kurt. But I see it did take Michael Irvin 3 times so you are probably on to something. He was a pretty decent guy except for the time he tried to kill a teammate and the time a cop tried to have him killed because he threatened to kill the cops girlfriend who was a witness against him in a drug case and probably a hell of a lot of other stuff that never came out. He's very lucky to be in the HOF and making a lot of money as an NFL commentator and not in prison.

I think some of the voters let the results of one year to influence their votes during the next year. A decent amount of votes, even if not enough to get in, gives you a great headstart on the next year.

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool at the awards ceremony, they showed David Johnson and his wife there.

Comment

Kurt Warner is worthy of the HOF...but I'm not sure he was a first ballot. At the end of the day all that matters is he is in. Time to retire #13 at UNI assuming he can get away from his NFL show for a week.
                      (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

I could be wrong, but I don't think retiring numbers is really a thing in college football.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                          I think some of the voters let the results of one year to influence their votes during the next year. A decent amount of votes, even if not enough to get in, gives you a great headstart on the next year.
                          If I understand correctly they actually get together and talk people out. It's not a ballot like baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                            I could be wrong, but I don't think retiring numbers is really a thing in college football.
                            I'm pretty sure some bigger schools have done it. I think I remember hearing about a player getting permission to wear a retired number while watching a game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                              I'm pretty sure some bigger schools have done it. I think I remember hearing about a player getting permission to wear a retired number while watching a game this year.
                              I guess it does happen occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                              X