WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-17 Conference Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-17 Conference Outlook

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Assuming the 6 games played by Wyatt is correct, he should qualify. This is assuming that its a season-ending injury. I.E. he can't return, not just they don't want to let him return to save a year of eligibility.
      Yeah, I would guess W. Lohaus can red shirt. Quite a bit would appear to rely on having a doctor certify that he needs the season off. It seemed like that was the case last season with Iowa State's Naz Long. I recall the Des Moines Register writing language to make it appear the decision was only Long's. It was probably an issue of finding a doctor to certify the extensive severity of his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantherlope2019 View Post
        Yeah, I would guess W. Lohaus can red shirt. Quite a bit would appear to rely on having a doctor certify that he needs the season off. It seemed like that was the case last season with Iowa State's Naz Long. I recall the Des Moines Register writing language to make it appear the decision was only Long's. It was probably an issue of finding a doctor to certify the extensive severity of his injury.
        AKA, we need to find a doctor who's a Panther fan.

Comment

The medical certification won't be an issue.

If Jake is saying it publicly, it means that's where they're leaning. Not redshirting him two years ago looks even better now. He'll be like adding an impact transfer next year.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            He'll be like adding an impact transfer next year.
            Even better, it's an impact transfer player who already knows how to play our style.

Comment

Sagarin now has UNI with slightly better odds to play Thursday vs avoiding Thursday...

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw View Post
                Sagarin now has UNI with slightly better odds to play Thursday vs avoiding Thursday...

I usually love these, but I'm not going to look at another one of these until we win a conference game.

Comment

Time to start turning this around...

Comment

Time to start turning this around...

56% chance that we play on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                      56% chance that we play on Thursday.

I prefer to think that there are 43,468 scenarios in which we don't play on Thursday!
                      Last edited by UNIdad; 01-10-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

From the below chart, you can see a more detailed breakdown of potential tournament seeds based on how many conference wins UNI ends with. Notice, UNI realistically needs to finish 7-6 in the last 13 games to even think about the possibility of missing Thursday (still a 68.1% chance of playing Thursday though). If UNI can go 8-5, that is down to a 17.0% chance of a Thursday game.

Comment

Comment

Back to nearly 50/50 of a Thursday night appearance, in fact currently the most likely place for UNI is the 6-seed:

Comment

Back to nearly 50/50 of a Thursday night appearance, in fact currently the most likely place for UNI is the 6-seed:

I like. Let's see how it looks This weekend after we beat one of the 4-3 teams!

Comment

Keep the streak going:

Comment

Working...
                                X