WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

I thought he was going to commit last year after the UNC game. I know he had us (UNI vs UNC game) as the background of his twitter page and a picture of him and Jeremy Morgan as his profile picture for awhile. I know Drake was going for him as well.

You have to think having two recruits listing us as their final four schools puts some pressure on the players in this class.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
      Caleb Bennett has us on his "final four"

https://twitter.com/cb_beballin/stat...73816080982019
      This kid looks like a freak athlete!

I love his instincts on D, but might be a project on offense. But a slasher who can hit the glass always mixes well with a few shooters.

Comment

Switching topics, who's this guy? http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/rafael-de-souza

I haven't been following UNI hoops recruiting all summer, and this guy just seemed to pop up out of nowhere. And is now the fifth officially listed point guard, joining Lohaus, McCloud, Rhodes, and Haldeman. I can't seem to find any video on him, and his stats when he was in Junior college were less than stellar, 9 minutes a game off of the bench, 1.2 ppg, 0.4 apg, an assist-turnover of 0.9 (10 turnovers to 9 assists), 29 FG%, 22 3Pt%.

Not to be rude to this guy, but why did we pick him up? If he's putting up those numbers in JUCO, what would his numbers look like at D1?

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
          Switching topics, who's this guy? http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/rafael-de-souza

I haven't been following UNI hoops recruiting all summer, and this guy just seemed to pop up out of nowhere. And is now the fifth officially listed point guard, joining Lohaus, McCloud, Rhodes, and Haldeman. I can't seem to find any video on him, and his stats when he was in Junior college were less than stellar, 9 minutes a game off of the bench, 1.2 ppg, 0.4 apg, an assist-turnover of 0.9 (10 turnovers to 9 assists), 29 FG%, 22 3Pt%.

Not to be rude to this guy, but why did we pick him up? If he's putting up those numbers in JUCO, what would his numbers look like at D1?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I still think ppl are confused by this. Clearly a walk on position. His dad was a good baller. I think a poster from Bradley had a good background post about him if someone knows what thread that was in.

Comment

Caleb Bennett visited and committed to Lehigh this weekend.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Trae Berhowe committed to Pepperdine.
              #MACtion

Comment

Still have work to do when Midwestern guys with scholarship offers here choose Lehigh and Pepperdine.

That being said, it wouldn't break my heart to bank this scholarship as we will be deep the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                  Caleb Bennett visited and committed to Lehigh this weekend.
                  Must be a kid who wants to see the floor from day one. We're too deep for that to happen unless someone has exceptional talent. It will be interesting what we do. Isaiah brown came out of no where so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    Trae Berhowe committed to Pepperdine.
                    Is it odd that 2 guards we offered both decide to go elsewhere over the same weekend? Could there be a hidden reason for that? Maybe the offers were pulled or we backed off?

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                      Still have work to do when Midwestern guys with scholarship offers here choose Lehigh and Pepperdine.

That being said, it wouldn't break my heart to bank this scholarship as we will be deep the next couple of years.
                      Not to short change UNI, but both places would have a good academic/post grad connections type story to tell. There are only a few Midwestern schools who could legitimately make that kind of claim. It all depends on what appeals to you I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                        Not to short change UNI, but both places would have a good academic/post grad connections type story to tell. There are only a few Midwestern schools who could legitimately make that kind of claim. It all depends on what appeals to you I guess.
                        This is accurate. UNI is much better than most realize academically, but places like Lehigh have connections for after college that UNI can't dream of right now.

If that is the place that fits him best for balancing basketball, academics, and job placement then so be it. I wish them well

Comment

I think Berhow cut UNI from his list a while ago. Sasha Stefanovic has UNI in his final five still.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Myles Hanson committed to Columbia.

Comment

We sure are missing out on a lot of kids who's offers (basketball wise) are not near as good as ours. Academics must be playing a big role.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                                We sure are missing out on a lot of kids who's offers (basketball wise) are not near as good as ours. Academics must be playing a big role.
                                Or, we're going after a lot of guys who've done really well in the classroom and on test scores. Lehigh, Pepperdine, Columbia...all really good schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X