WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Student Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so i got an email few weeks back saying student tickets would be a lottery system based on points. Does anyone know any more details? Or when it will be decided? I would really like to know soon cuz if I don't get the lottery I'm finding a way to afford season tickets.
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

student men's bball tickets

The UNI Athletics Marketing Dept spent some money to purchase a student ticket software program. This will allow all UNI students to go online in the comfort of their own home or dorm to register to recieve tickets. As the game nears (a few days before tip off), tickets will become available on the website. At this time students can log on and 'claim' their ticket, after the program verifies how many tickets are claimed, you can then go back on and print the hard ticket out at home. You then take in this paper ticket and your student ID card to the game where they will be scanned or swiped somehow to register your attendance.

This system allows UNI to sell the extra tickets that students aren't claiming to the general public - hopefully having a bunch of sellouts and still free student tickets. For every ticket claimed and event attended the software will tally points. The more events attended the more points you earn which can be used to earn the rights for post-season tickets, etc. The idea here is that in the future when demand for tickets exceeds supply for most if not every game, all tickets will be offered and available to be claimed based on your point level.

Officially the student section holds 1,600. However, that's measured by the length of the bleachers divided by 18" per seat. When you get all of the Jungle Rats packed in there and everyone standing, we should be able to squeeze more than that in there.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Comment

good info..is there going to be assigned seats for the students, or just general admission?

Comment

Thanks for the information. I think we will be able to get upwards 2000 hostile students packed in there. All we need is a "place" not a "seat. Looking forward to a great season.

Comment

I would assume the student section will be general admission. I can't imagine it being seat specific.

Comment

The timeline I heard about this is that the tickets will be available on the online server from midnight after the prior home game is finished until the day of the game. Student tickets would be all general admission, so no need to be sitting up at night waiting to get tickets, unless there is 1600+ students thinking the same thing.

Comment

Yep, GA for the students once you make it into the land of the wooden benches. Let's get comfy in there. I just hope I don't show up late again this year and get stuck right behind the basket... boy that sucks.

P.S. the seat are all installed inside the Mac and the place looks awesome. It's going to be a hostile jungle in there. A message for foes who dare enter.... 'beware - of the CAT!'

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I'm still focused on football but can't wait to start having games in the new arena!!!

Does anyone have any clue how many students were at games last year on average? Will games we attended in previous years help our points?
                  Last edited by ubuntuCAT; 10-12-2006, 06:43 PM.
                  "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

I believe average student attendence including the Iowa game was around 900 last year.... So having 1600 (at the least) student seats will be more than enough for most games... at least for a little while. I believe that if you're a person who really wants to go to the game, you will get a ticket. Now in years to come with increased student interest, that's probably when the lottery system will be utilized more and students may not be able to get a ticket.

As for previous years attendence affecting points, I can't remember what was said... maybe someone else will, but I don't think so.
                    "OH BABY! I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!" -GR

Comment

From unigriff in this thread: http://www.panthernation.com/showthr...tudent+tickets
                      Also, the S.S. attendance was a max of around 1600 for the Iowa game, and appx. around 1200 for the season.
                      So, student tickets will be right where they should be at.
                      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Okay... apparently I don't know what I'm talking about at all. But I swore we were told it was between 900 and 1000 and so the 1600 would be more than enough for the time being... however, sometimes I don't pay attention very well... that was proven on my test I took in class on Tuesday...
                        "OH BABY! I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!" -GR

Comment

First off, I would like to ask where the students have been this year so far for basketball games. This year’s team is looking to be a very good team and needs the students support. It does not look good when the McLeod center is full except for the student section being HALF full? I just don’t understand that! UNI has 2 home games on espn2 this year. Bradley and Wichita state I believe. Those are going to be HUGE games and it would be nice to fill the student section.

OK about tickets.....ISU game, cause of the limited seats on the floor the # of student tickets reserved online was kept to that amount. BUT...any student can come to that game still and have there ID and get in. SO students will not be turned away at this game. Cause it is in the dome. Come EARLY to get good seats. Iowa state is bringing some buses to bring up there student section so students NEED to be there and LOUD to show ISU’s section how to do it and make sure they are not louder then us.

Other games....Students need to reserve there tickets online at http://unipanthers.cstv.com/tickets/...ticketing.html
                          Sign in and reserve your tickets. Tickets that are not reserved and left are going to be used at the game. So even if you don’t reserve a ticket you can still show up WITH YOUR ID and get in if not all the tickets are reserved. So basically...students will be able to get in most of the games if they just come with there ID! But just to be safe, students should reserve there ticket online a couple days before the game. Another thing, you don’t need to bring in a printed ticket, just have your ID and you will be able to get in.

STUDENTS lets have a good showing from now on and support possibly one of the best teams to play here. Hope to see you all there!
                          Last edited by uni22; 11-27-2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

UNI22- you don't need to copy and past the same post on multiple threads--we get your point, but guess what the student turnout hasn't been bad, turnout is always low during breaks, and at the first game it was more than 1/2 full.

Comment

Student attendance is on the rise.

Student attendance at the first game was more than last year's average!

We best be seeing YOU (uni22) there on Wednesday night as well!!

Comment

You know students aren't going to be encouraged to come to games if FELLOW PANTHER FANS are freaking out on them on Panthernation for "Not" going to games. UNINISG is right, when I was a student attendance was very low during breaks, especially Christmas and Thanksgiving breaks, when seemingly everyone goes home. I am fairly certain we have discussed this somewhere before, but I won't get into what happened on there two years ago when the Winner of the MVC Men's Tourney Trip was announced. God forbid someone doesn't risk their life to make it to a basketball game in a blizzard. LOL.
                                The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
                                "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

Working...
                                X