Follow us on Twitter

Go Back   Panther Nation > Specific Sports Topic Forums > Panther Recruiting

Panther Recruiting Discuss all things related to Panther recruiting.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #71
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Default Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Also, I haven't seen anything official in terms of an offer or even interest, but I have on good authority that Adam Harris, a LB/DB from West Des Moines Valley.

He was a 2nd team All-State by the Register. Not going to speculate too much before anything comes out but he is a very strong player who could be a really nice addition on either side of the ball. I'd say he would likely move back to DB rather than play "rover" like he did at Valley this year. Lots of speed and strength but he is a bit small for a D-I level LB at 5'10 200lbs
panther-state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #72
Blue42

When was the last time we got a player out of the state of Michigan? I can't think of one.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #73
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Also it looks like Sealey wasn't able to get out of town before the storm hit:

Quote:
DallasSealey: I'M IN A BLIZZARD http://instagram.com/p/jqFHcxD04J/
Hopefully his family made other arrangements and didn't try to brave it. And hopefully this weather doesn't scare him off from Cedar Falls
Old 01-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #74
arealcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue42 View Post
When was the last time we got a player out of the state of Michigan? I can't think of one.
I'm sure there has been somebody more recent, but Richard Carter was from Michigan.
arealcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #75
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

Quote:
Originally Posted by arealcat View Post
I'm sure there has been somebody more recent, but Richard Carter was from Michigan.
Was Andy Thorn a Michigan kid? Richard was the first one that popped in my head too.
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Panthers to the Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #76
Trapped in California
Escaped from CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue42 View Post
That guy's cousin that was transferring from Michigan State?
Trapped in California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #77
achrist70

No he was from Milwaukee
achrist70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #78
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

I'm pretty sure that guy never actually came here. Did we actually see anything official on him? Is he even a real person or an elaborate hoax by some dude who wants everyone to believe he has a nephew?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #79
Chitown Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther-state View Post
I'm pretty sure that guy never actually came here. Did we actually see anything official on him? Is he even a real person or an elaborate hoax by some dude who wants everyone to believe he has a nephew?
http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/col...a4bcf887a.html

dti
Chitown Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #80
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Panther View Post
I'll believe it when I see it I guess. Not that I know anything about this kids character but he certainly has his way of getting around it seems like. Not sure if that implies anything.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #81
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

I added Ezra Szczrbak since he is supposedly reconsidering his commitment to NDSU and may have UNI in the mix. Word is we'll know tomorrow what the decision is tomorrow:
Quote:
@jszczyrb: #Ezra Szczyrbak is getting counsel from Rebels football head coach #Louzek before #NDSU, #UNI, #UND coaches arrive. #Decision Day Tuesday!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #82
Trapped in California
Escaped from CA

Quote:
I added Ezra Szczrbak since he is supposedly reconsidering his commitment to NDSU and may have UNI in the mix. Word is we'll know tomorrow what the decision is tomorrow:
That's a UNI basketball name

From my NSA monitored nexus 5
Trapped in California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #83
arealcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
Was Andy Thorn a Michigan kid? Richard was the first one that popped in my head too.
Yes I believe you are right on Thorn.
arealcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #84
lakesbison

Quote:

NDSU and UNI offering him a partial Scholly , und offering a full, seems about right, plus his high school best friend is on und team , he looks good on film playing in small town ball vs kids half his size, don't get too excited about him.

NDSU & UNI have only been head to head on a couple this year, not 8-10 like most years, unless you offered the QB/WR combo from omaha-creighton
UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com
lakesbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #85
BCPanther
PN Crusader

We don't have many scholarships to give. Going to be a quiet year for us...
Old 01-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #86
SteinPizza

Quote:
Correct me if wrong, but wasn't Thorn also an Iowa transfer? If so, that downplays the Michigan angle considerably. If we're hitting the state of Michigan harder, I like it.
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #87
qbfan

Dallas Sealey just committed to Abiline Chrisitian University
qbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #88
Panther'73

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbfan View Post
Dallas Sealey just committed to Abiline Chrisitian University
Probably didn't like the blizzard....
Panther'73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #89
lakesbison

Tim Gordon UNI commit taking official visit to Mac eastern michigan...oh oooooo
Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #90
11>1

Nice to finally see a recruiting thread for this year. Haven't heard word about Ezra yet. Hoping he becomes a Bison. But I understand the partial to full thing too, and I guess that's just the way it is sometimes. Frankly, I don't know which would bother me more...him going to you guys or UND. Another name that is out there that we at Bisonville are salivating over is Alec Kocour out of Wisconsin. He played safety in HS and looks really really good. Minnesota is offering a PWO and I'm sure he's holding out for something from the Badgers. Wants to play Big Ten ball. Does he have a UNI offer?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #91
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9>1 View Post
Nice to finally see a recruiting thread for this year. Haven't heard word about Ezra yet. Hoping he becomes a Bison. But I understand the partial to full thing too, and I guess that's just the way it is sometimes. Frankly, I don't know which would bother me more...him going to you guys or UND. Another name that is out there that we at Bisonville are salivating over is Alec Kocour out of Wisconsin. He played safety in HS and looks really really good. Minnesota is offering a PWO and I'm sure he's holding out for something from the Badgers. Wants to play Big Ten ball. Does he have a UNI offer?
Rivals doesn't have any info but 247 sports says we have so I guess take that for what it is.

Actually I just noticed 247 has several guys I don't have listed. Sorry folks I'm not familiar with some of these sites and their search functions. I'll update.

Last edited by panther-state; 01-28-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #92
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Alright here are some of the guys I apparently missed from 247sports. If it's kosher with everyone, I'd prefer to only add the guys who actually have offers from us (verbal commitments or not). It'd save a lot of time and some of these guys don't really appear to be on any radar anymore. They are also in no particular order:

Sean McGuire—2-star QB out of Wisconsin who committed to WIU back in October. He was offered a full ride by UNI in early January and had an official visit on the 17th/18th. All indications though are that he is big into WIU. Not sure why, unless he has been promised almost immediate playing time (would be very surprising since Trenton Norvell who played against us is a freshman and 3 of the remaining 4 listed QB’s were also freshmen with the odd man out being a sophomore) or there is some family connection.

Marcus Collins—2 star athlete from Madison who committed to NDSU in November and we offered a scholarship to in December. I’d be pretty surprised if he changed his mind.

Addarrius Smith—Defensive lineman from Florida who we had some interest in. No evidence of a visit or scholarship offer and he has offers from some teams like Bethune-Cookman and Florida Atlantic so I don’t expect anything.

Khalil Hattley—DB that we have some interest in but no word on an offer or visit. He’s from the KC area and also has interest (but again no offers or visits) from places like KU/KSU, Minnesota and Mizzou

Quinn Frisell— 6’3 180 lb QB from the Minneapolis area. Attended one of our camps this past summer. Probably not a legitimate target at this point.

Nick Vanek—6’5 200 lb QB from Prior Lake, MN. Also attended camp but as far as any visits go he has apparently looked around at some small schools in Minnesota. According to twitter he is going to Gustavus.

Tyus DeBoer—6’5 275 lb D-Lineman from Marshall, MN. Has an offer all the way back in June from NDSU but has had an unofficial visit to Minnesota and a little bit of interest, but no offers from Iowa St, Wisconsin and NIU, in addition to us, the South Dakota’s and Montana St. Now I hate to be judgmental of a 17/18 y.o. (it might just be the HS teacher in me) but a brief perusing of this kids twitter makes it pretty obvious as to why coaches advocate social media responsibility. I’ll leave it at that.

Alec Kocour—6’1 182 lb DB from Waukesha, WI. Has an offer from us as well as the most of the MVC west of Indiana. Recently took an unofficial visit to Minnesota and the general feeling is that this kid will be a Gopher, especially if they were to dangle anything besides a PWO. As our guest pointed out, some NDSU fans are head over heels for this kid. I haven’t watched tape on him but I’m sure they have good reason to be

Sa’Darius Byers—6’2 340 lbs (that’s a big boy) from Lawndale, NC. Has an offer from Youngstown and some smaller schools but may start getting some interest from Clemson and Michigan.

Jordan Brown—5’10 175 lb LB from St. Louis. Has some interest from Drake, MSU and WIU as well. Nothing else to really mention.

Jalin Moore—5’11 190 lb RB from Shelby, NC. Has an offer from Wofford and some interest from some teams like UNC, Duke and Clemson.

Connor Wilkie—6’5 205 lb QB from Andover, MN. Took a couple campus visits to Minnesota, NDSU and UNI in the fall but nothing as far as offers go. Recently committed to Southwest Minnesota St.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #93
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Quote:
@todd_blythe: Just finished dinner with a BIG TIME future Panther (I hope) #PantherPride
I hate the teasing
Old 01-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #94
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

Notice who 'retweeted' it. I assume it's the same athlete he is talking about.
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Panthers to the Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #95
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Quote:
Notice who 'retweeted' it. I assume it's the same athlete he is talking about.
I did not. Thank you for mentioning that PTTB. For those wondering, he is referring to Daurice Fountain, a 2 star WR from Madison. That would be a very nice get. Glad we sent Blythe to talk to him.

In other news, I was told that Rico Gafford will be going to Iowa Western next year. He really wants to play right away but it sounds like the Panthers would be very much in the mix once he looks to transfer.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #96

I have noticed other colleges doing that with baseball commits. I am guessing they can't say anything until signing day which has passed. I would see Kirkwood say something about getting a great player today and then a kid would retweet so you could figure it out.
1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #97
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Stumbled upon this from Kendall Morris. He must've enjoyed his recent visit (tweet link)

Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #98

Quote:
stumbled upon this from kendall morris. He must've enjoyed his recent visit (tweet link)

like......
1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #99
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Maybe I just have exceptional timing but I also found this on twitter...from 4 minutes ago. Link

Quote:
@kris_ihde10: @DaltonBerns nah son. UNI is my destination #PantherPride
He's got a sweet banner pic if you go to his full profile. Loving the Panther pride he's already got.

Last edited by panther-state; 01-29-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:03 AM   #100
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Brandon Snyder was offered by NDSU today according to his twitter:
Quote:
@brandonsnyder12: Blessed to be offered a scholarship from the three time defending national champions North Dakota State Bison!
I don't think we have offered and I have no info on whether he plans on visiting soon (if he hasn't already).
Old 01-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #101
lakesbison

Kocour is a Gopher PWO lean
Marcus Collins is SOLID NDSU
Erza is probably going to take a full ride at d2 und over uni/ndsu partials, money over winning i guess, plus his high school teammate are there.
Synder just got NDSU offer today.
Deboer is a mystery, he'll probably end up d2

There's been about 4-5 kids flipping lately, especially to wyoming, and we all remember Pierre Gee Tucker leaving UNI for NDSU on signing day 2013.....so the race is almost over.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #102
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Quote:
Also, I haven't seen anything official in terms of an offer or even interest, but I have on good authority that Adam Harris, a LB/DB from West Des Moines Valley will be joining the Panthers.

He was a 2nd team All-State by the Register. Not going to speculate too much before anything comes out but he is a very strong player who could be a really nice addition on either side of the ball. I'd say he would likely move back to DB rather than play "rover" like he did at Valley this year. Lots of speed and strength but he is a bit small for a D-I level LB at 5'10 200lbs
Guess I was wrong as Adam apparently accepted a scholarship offer to South Dakota. No idea if we had offered anything to him, and I was hoping to see him in purple, but I imagine SD had a better offer to him, especially considering our plethora of DB's at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how he develops.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #103
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Another interesting message from Daurice Fountain. Found this from his twitter (leading to instagram)
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #104
06panther10
Bleeds Purple

#wrongthread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck
06panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #105
9YRPLAN

is gafford a qualifier or will he have to get his AA?
9YRPLAN is offline   Reply With Quote