Follow us on Twitter


Go Back   Panther Nation > Specific Sports Topic Forums > Panther Recruiting

Panther Recruiting Discuss all things related to Panther recruiting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #316
TravelingPanther
loves the Panthers
 
Last Online: Yesterday 06:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Davenport
Posts: 7,415
Send a message via AIM to TravelingPanther
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

It's funny seeing people talk like our coaching staff doesn't have an idea of what AJ is thinking.
__________________
Sunshine and daisies. No improvement is ever required.
TravelingPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #317
DownGoesKansas
Senior Member
 
DownGoesKansas's Avatar
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:30 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,403
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingPanther View Post
It's funny seeing people talk like our coaching staff doesn't have an idea of what AJ is thinking.
I guess I missed that part. I was only talking about my own thoughts.
DownGoesKansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #318
TravelingPanther
loves the Panthers
 
Last Online: Yesterday 06:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Davenport
Posts: 7,415
Send a message via AIM to TravelingPanther
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
I guess I missed that part. I was only talking about my own thoughts.
I don't believe I ever named any names.
__________________
Sunshine and daisies. No improvement is ever required.
TravelingPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #319
GonzoCat
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:33 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,015
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
He was offered after his sophomore year. It hasn't even been a year yet. They won't pull a scholly offer on arguably the highest ranked recruit to come to UNI, when his father is on staff. There are some guys you move on from after a period of not committing, but this is a unique situation. Not when it's as great (as a person, student, and athlete) of a local kid as AJ, AND who's father is an assistant. UNI gave Bohannon more than a year with an offer (and in large respect I assume due to his family's connection to the program), but in general they seem to be willing to move on after a year of courtship/offer.

If AJ continues to rise his stock, and he chooses to come to UNI, he's the type of player that attracts other better players. Most recruiting services plateau the star/number rank of kids after they stop getting offers from P5 schools, unless they commit to those P5 schools. This could benefit UNI if he does choose to stay in CF.
We may have only formerly offered less than a year ago, but lets be honest he's been on the radar and had total access to the program since he was an 8 year old ball boy, except for the year or two the family spent in Wisconsin. His access now since we formally offered has probably been the least it's ever been due to some NCAA rules, that may be part of why we didn't offer earlier.

He can't attract other better players unless he commits before they do unless you are talking about later year players. I just don't see him as that big time of a player I guess. I think he's a very nice player that we would be lucky to get, but no better than at least a half dozen recruits in the past 10 years. Since I see him that way I also won't be on here slamming him as a freshman when he doesn't turn out to be the second coming of pistol Pete.

Has Creighton offered him yet? I think that would be sign he might not be coming to UNI. Otherwise I think a lot of people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. If he gets an offer from Duke, UNC, Kentucky, or Kansas then I'll change my tune.
__________________
GO PANTHERS!
GonzoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #320
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab
 
Panthers to the Bone's Avatar
 
Last Online: 03-20-2017 11:52 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,716
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Gonzo-
Thanks for not getting your panties in a bunch.
Hadn't heard that saying in a while. I needed that levity!
__________________
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Panthers to the Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #321
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: 03-09-2017 12:38 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,127
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoCat View Post
Personally I think it's getting close to time UNI pulls his offer since we have been recruiting him for years and he's not willing to commit for whatever reason. We normally back off a recruit after a year and are only holding his open I would assume because of his dad. We need to recruit and offer others at his position and he needs to understand the way he is playing UNI is a two way street and he could be SOL if another recruit is willing to commit. He hasn't and won't get a better offer than UNI. I really have to wonder if his dad is the reason he is not willing to commit. Not every father/son dynamic is the same. Some young men don't want to work with (play for in this case) their fathers. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with either one, that's just the way it is.

I don't see him ending up anywhere else unless his dad gets a head coaching gig and he does want to play for him. He's not the caliber of player anyone is going to make that offer just to get him. And this is a down year for any of our coaches getting offers as well.


I don't see any reason to pull his offer. Let it play out. I'd still like to think that we have a chance. UNI is a good option for him. It probably doesn't hurt that a UNI football player just got chose to the Hall of Fame. That puts UNI in a very rare group this year.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #322
GonzoCat
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:33 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,015
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIdad View Post
I don't see any reason to pull his offer. Let it play out. I'd still like to think that we have a chance. UNI is a good option for him. It probably doesn't hurt that a UNI football player just got chose to the Hall of Fame. That puts UNI in a very rare group this year.
I was being a little bit harsh in that post in order to generate conversation, it sort of worked. I thinks my points are valid nonetheless. There's no need to pull his offer and there's no need to go hard after another recruit for that scholarship for at least a few more months. And if everything is part of an unspoken master strategy there is no need to do anything up until NLI day. Unless Creighton offers.
__________________
GO PANTHERS!
GonzoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #323
UNI Ka-Bullseye
Member
 
Last Online: 03-21-2017 10:47 PM
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ankeny, IA
Posts: 244
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoCat View Post
I was being a little bit harsh in that post in order to generate conversation, it sort of worked. I thinks my points are valid nonetheless. There's no need to pull his offer and there's no need to go hard after another recruit for that scholarship for at least a few more months. And if everything is part of an unspoken master strategy there is no need to do anything up until NLI day. Unless Creighton offers.
Any reason you are particularly worried about Creighton other than history and McDermott(s)? There are other big schools/conferences within the same radius of Cedar Falls. Some might be enamored by playing in the Big East, but to me, it's no better than the Big 10 or 12, and the long travel for every road game and conference tourney would be annoying to me personally as well as for any potential family and friends who might want to travel.
UNI Ka-Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:44 PM   #324
sivert
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 05:18 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 50613
Posts: 1,141
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Looking at Verbal Commits, we have one offer on PGs for the classes of '17 and '18. AJ.
So for the 19/20 season, we'll have a senior PG in Juwan and a sorta PG in Spencer.

IF we're not getting AJ, then it would seem that we better recruit a PG from that '18 class.
sivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #325
domedays
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:28 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saylorville
Posts: 870
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoCat View Post
We may have only formerly offered less than a year ago, but lets be honest he's been on the radar and had total access to the program since he was an 8 year old ball boy, except for the year or two the family spent in Wisconsin. His access now since we formally offered has probably been the least it's ever been due to some NCAA rules, that may be part of why we didn't offer earlier.

He can't attract other better players unless he commits before they do unless you are talking about later year players. I just don't see him as that big time of a player I guess. I think he's a very nice player that we would be lucky to get, but no better than at least a half dozen recruits in the past 10 years. Since I see him that way I also won't be on here slamming him as a freshman when he doesn't turn out to be the second coming of pistol Pete.

Has Creighton offered him yet? I think that would be sign he might not be coming to UNI. Otherwise I think a lot of people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. If he gets an offer from Duke, UNC, Kentucky, or Kansas then I'll change my tune.
How many times have you seen him play?
__________________
"My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson
domedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #326
Gboom23
Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 07:52 PM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 298
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
Any reason you are particularly worried about Creighton other than history and McDermott(s)? There are other big schools/conferences within the same radius of Cedar Falls. Some might be enamored by playing in the Big East, but to me, it's no better than the Big 10 or 12, and the long travel for every road game and conference tourney would be annoying to me personally as well as for any potential family and friends who might want to travel.
My guess is that Gonzo is thinking that because of Coach Jake and Coach McDermott's close relationship, Jake would tell Mac that AJ isn't seriously considering UNI and he should offer AJ a scholarship. This thinking only works, however, if Creighton is looking for a player like AJ for that class. I have no idea if they would be or not.
Gboom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #327
GonzoCat
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:33 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,015
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboom23 View Post
My guess is that Gonzo is thinking that because of Coach Jake and Coach McDermott's close relationship, Jake would tell Mac that AJ isn't seriously considering UNI and he should offer AJ a scholarship. This thinking only works, however, if Creighton is looking for a player like AJ for that class. I have no idea if they would be or not.
That's close to what I was thinking. Despite the way some folks on here feel about Mac, I don't believe he will try to recruit him out from under Jake and his dad. The only way I see him offering is if they, the Green family, approach him about it first. Could happen through Jake too I guess. That's why I would see a CU offer as a bad sign.
__________________
GO PANTHERS!
GonzoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #328
Mudrafan
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:23 AM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,890
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

If Creighton offers, it will be out of respect for the Green's. He's not going to Creighton over UNI. He also would not go to Minnesota over UNI, Nebraska or even the clowns. Now, I would see Wisconsin. It would take a top shelf P5 offer. If not then Jake needs to examine his relationship w/ Green (the coach) as he's allowed him to leave & come back. That tells me they have a pretty strong relationship. My guess is that they want the kid to experience being recruited, but in the end, he'll come back home unless the huge offer comes. Then, I think even Jake will advise what is in his best interest.
Mudrafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #329
SteinPizza
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 12:24 AM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrafan View Post
If Creighton offers, it will be out of respect for the Green's. He's not going to Creighton over UNI. He also would not go to Minnesota over UNI, Nebraska or even the clowns. Now, I would see Wisconsin. It would take a top shelf P5 offer. If not then Jake needs to examine his relationship w/ Green (the coach) as he's allowed him to leave & come back. That tells me they have a pretty strong relationship. My guess is that they want the kid to experience being recruited, but in the end, he'll come back home unless the huge offer comes. Then, I think even Jake will advise what is in his best interest.
Jake will advise what's in his best interest? You do realize Jake has a vested agenda in this, that may not coincide with the players'? If AJ is like most decent recruits, his interest involves playing at the best program he can, in the highest level conference. That doesn't necessarily align with Jake's self interest, but so be it. Ultimately, it's all about what the player feels would be his best move, with some help from his parents. Jake though, seems like the type that won't hold it against him if he chose Iowa State or above for basketball reasons, or Stanford for academics.
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #330
UNIhoops
Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 06:55 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Most juniors in high school simply don't have a clue on what college they want to attend. My guess is he will decide this summer. I'm also hoping he decides that he wants to be an elementary teacher as well.

I agree with several others that I'm really only worried if a big time program comes knocking. Wisconsin has a 4 star guard in front of him already committed. I can't imagine they're going after him hard or even want him since that position is filled. They only have one other scholarship available. But, that can change quickly if someone leaves like Gasser a few years ago.
UNIhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #331
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: 03-09-2017 12:38 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,127
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIhoops View Post
Most juniors in high school simply don't have a clue on what college they want to attend. My guess is he will decide this summer. I'm also hoping he decides that he wants to be an elementary teacher as well.

I agree with several others that I'm really only worried if a big time program comes knocking. Wisconsin has a 4 star guard in front of him already committed. I can't imagine they're going after him hard or even want him since that position is filled. They only have one other scholarship available. But, that can change quickly if someone leaves like Gasser a few years ago.


I wonder what his goals are. If the NBA, I contend that you may actually hurt yourself by going to a blueblood school because you get lost in the crowd of McDonalds All-Americans.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #332
SteinPizza
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 12:24 AM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIhoops View Post
Most juniors in high school simply don't have a clue on what college they want to attend. My guess is he will decide this summer. I'm also hoping he decides that he wants to be an elementary teacher as well.

I agree with several others that I'm really only worried if a big time program comes knocking. Wisconsin has a 4 star guard in front of him already committed. I can't imagine they're going after him hard or even want him since that position is filled. They only have one other scholarship available. But, that can change quickly if someone leaves like Gasser a few years ago.
His parents have to be advocates of choosing Stanford. I don't care what his dad does for a living. Getting that kind of degree, paid for, with the future opportunities/connections it offers is damn near too good to pass up. Per your point, he may not appreciate it, but many of the adults around him do.
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #333
1988
Senior Member
 
1988's Avatar
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:15 PM
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Cedar
Posts: 1,819
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert View Post
Looking at Verbal Commits, we have one offer on PGs for the classes of '17 and '18. AJ.
So for the 19/20 season, we'll have a senior PG in Juwan and a sorta PG in Spencer.

IF we're not getting AJ, then it would seem that we better recruit a PG from that '18 class.
Matt Mimms from Xavier was up there for a visit a few weeks ago.
__________________
"Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.
1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #334
BCPanther
PN Crusader
 
BCPanther's Avatar
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:59 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,402
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Stanford just got a commitment from a 4 star combo guard out of California. I'm not even sure there's still an offer there.

Two months ago, I had gotten pretty pessimistic, but with Wisky and Stanford seemingly out of the running, I feel much better.

Another angle on this is making sure that Jamey Johnson and the Barnstormers are taken care of. Those programs thrive on getting kids by telling them that they've had this guy and this guy offered by this big program and this big program. Jake is pretty buddy/buddy with Jamey (his boys are in the program, the younger one is a stud) and anything Jake can do to make Jamey happy so that Jamey can keep the pipeline open only helps both sides.

I mean, look at the kids we've gotten out of that program. We're well over a dozen and there are some big names there: Washpun, Tuttle, Buss, Haldeman, Morgan, Phyfe, etc...
__________________
#MACtion
BCPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #335
CyCarp
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 10:22 PM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 2,115
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPanther View Post
Stanford just got a commitment from a 4 star combo guard out of California. I'm not even sure there's still an offer there.

Two months ago, I had gotten pretty pessimistic, but with Wisky and Stanford seemingly out of the running, I feel much better.

Another angle on this is making sure that Jamey Johnson and the Barnstormers are taken care of. Those programs thrive on getting kids by telling them that they've had this guy and this guy offered by this big program and this big program. Jake is pretty buddy/buddy with Jamey (his boys are in the program, the younger one is a stud) and anything Jake can do to make Jamey happy so that Jamey can keep the pipeline open only helps both sides.

I mean, look at the kids we've gotten out of that program. We're well over a dozen and there are some big names there: Washpun, Tuttle, Buss, Haldeman, Morgan, Phyfe, etc...
Did Stanford ever actually offer? I thought there was just interest from Stanford and Wisconsin.
__________________
To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.
CyCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #336
Trapped in California
Escaped from CA
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:58 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KC
Posts: 7,250
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Does mister Green Jr have a serious GF?

One of my former bosses had a son that was accepted into Harvard on an academic scholarship, and was also going to happen to play OL. The son ended up picking then IAA/FCS Central Florida, because in part that is where his girlfriend was going. Mom & Dad, while liking the girlfriend (now wife, I believe), were obviously disappointed in him not going to Harvard.

Then there is the whole relationship with Dad (& Mom to a lesser extend in this case). Having your Dad involved in almost every bit of your college years' activities may be a bit much. Who knows. I love my Dad, but did I want him knowing everything that went on in college - no way.

Point being, life is a ton more complicated that which school has the best national reputation for BB, academics, weather, etc. I hope that the young Mr Green makes the best long term decision for him, and to a lesser degree, his family. Maybe he has a dream to be an accountant or elementary school teacher. Who knows?
Trapped in California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #337
Mudrafan
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:23 AM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,890
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinPizza View Post
Jake will advise what's in his best interest? You do realize Jake has a vested agenda in this, that may not coincide with the players'? If AJ is like most decent recruits, his interest involves playing at the best program he can, in the highest level conference. That doesn't necessarily align with Jake's self interest, but so be it. Ultimately, it's all about what the player feels would be his best move, with some help from his parents. Jake though, seems like the type that won't hold it against him if he chose Iowa State or above for basketball reasons, or Stanford for academics.
in essence, that is exactly what I said.
Mudrafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #338
Mudrafan
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:23 AM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,890
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped in California View Post
Does mister Green Jr have a serious GF?

One of my former bosses had a son that was accepted into Harvard on an academic scholarship, and was also going to happen to play OL. The son ended up picking then IAA/FCS Central Florida, because in part that is where his girlfriend was going. Mom & Dad, while liking the girlfriend (now wife, I believe), were obviously disappointed in him not going to Harvard.

Then there is the whole relationship with Dad (& Mom to a lesser extend in this case). Having your Dad involved in almost every bit of your college years' activities may be a bit much. Who knows. I love my Dad, but did I want him knowing everything that went on in college - no way.

Point being, life is a ton more complicated that which school has the best national reputation for BB, academics, weather, etc. I hope that the young Mr Green makes the best long term decision for him, and to a lesser degree, his family. Maybe he has a dream to be an accountant or elementary school teacher. Who knows?
Central Florida is FBS
Mudrafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #339
achrist70
Senior Member
 
achrist70's Avatar
 
Last Online: Yesterday 04:37 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NE of the Dome
Posts: 5,746
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrafan View Post
Central Florida is FBS
He said "Then FCS"
achrist70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #340
claw
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:19 PM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quad Cities/Cedar Rapids
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrafan View Post
Central Florida is FBS
Didn't used to be.
claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #341
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: 03-09-2017 12:38 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,127
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped in California View Post
Does mister Green Jr have a serious GF?

This is a good question.

Reminds me of an SEC college gymnast talking about how the football coach trying to talk about her boyfriend signing with them by calling her everyday . . . during a dead period.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #342
unipanther2154
Member
 
unipanther2154's Avatar
 
Last Online: 03-19-2017 07:02 PM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 373
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

I think it's been mentioned Purdue has reached out to AJ but now you can add Ohio State...
unipanther2154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #343
DownGoesKansas
Senior Member
 
DownGoesKansas's Avatar
 
Last Online: Yesterday 09:30 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,403
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

AJ had a pretty awful substate final game tonight. Hopefully that scares everyone else away..

DownGoesKansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #344
CyCarp
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 10:22 PM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 2,115
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

I kind of feel like he's going to sign on signing day, which I believe is in November. I just have a hard time seeing him drag it out. It'll be interesting to see what offers come his way this coming AAU season.
__________________
To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.
CyCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:54 PM   #345
I_Bleed_Purple_N_Gold
Northern Iowa Student
 
I_Bleed_Purple_N_Gold's Avatar
 
Last Online: 02-28-2017 11:55 PM
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Noehren Hall
Posts: 28
Default Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
AJ had a pretty awful substate final game tonight. Hopefully that scares everyone else away..

I heard Jacobson was at the game. I was there, didn't see Jake.
AJ was faced guarded the whole night with a defender picking him up at half court. AJ couldn't get an open jump shot the whole night.
For AAU ball and especially college he won't get that kind of attention defensively, or the other team will lose.
I_Bleed_Purple_N_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


© Copyright 2004-2017 Panther Nation.  All rights reserved.
PantherNation.com is not affiliated with the University Of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panthers.