Follow us on Twitter

Go Back   Panther Nation > General Sports Discussion Forums > UNI Athletic Events

UNI Athletic Events Keep up to date on all of the UNI Athletic events.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
SMK4UNI

Default Cedar Rapids UNI Panther Event

I just recieved this in an email today. Sounds like a good time and it would be great to have a nice turnout. Anybody with nothing to do next Wed. in the Cedar Rapids area should try to attend.

You are invited! We have a Cedar Rapids UNI Panther Event coming together for next week…

On Wednesday, April 12th, UNI coaches and Athletic Department leaders have accepted our invite to join Eastern Iowa Panther fans for a celebration “kegger and light hors d’oeuvres” at Elmcrest Country Club (main dining room) from 6 pm to 8 pm … (similar event almost three years ago… great turn out and great time)…

§ Football Coach Mark Farley is bringing the 2005 football season highlight video

§ Coach Farley is bringing a 7 minute “fan view” of the Chattanooga experience (well done by a Panther fan that captured the experience!)

§ Track Coach Chris Bucknum is brining highlights of the season where UNI finished 18th in the nationals against all the “bigs”

§ Women’s basketball Coach Tony DiCecco is bringing highlights of another great season where the women’s team finished 19-11 (since Coach Tony arrived 11 years ago, he has made his mark as the most successful women’s basketball coach in UNI history)…

§ Athletic Director Coach Rick Hartzell brings his comments on how UNI continues to compete on a limited budget… great coaches, great kids and great fan support

§ New Men’s basketball Coach Ben Jacobson and wrestling Coach Brad Penrith have schedule conflicts they are trying to change to join us

§ Steve Gearhart and other leaders from the UNI Foundation as well as some Panther fans from Cedar Falls and Waterloo are planning on joining us also

We apologize for the relatively short notice… Coach Farley has spring football and Coach Bucknum is into the track season… this was the only date that could work on their schedules…

Our goal is 100 attendees… to have as many as possible I would like to as your help! Please spread the word to all your fellow Panther alumni and fans (and friends and neighbors too)!!! If everyone on this email list would bring one or two other Panther fans, I believe it would show the Coaches that we are reciprocating the effort they are making to join us in Cedar Rapids…

Please join us if you can make it or let me know if you have any questions or comments. It will be a fun Panther event for you and for all of us!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

Sounds like great things are going on in Cedar Rapids!
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Panthers to the Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
Jonsoup

I wish I could join. But I have to work.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
Bier Guy '99
Featuring Large Midgets

Is there admission on this? Not that I mind... it would be worth it if there is. Sounds like a great time.

I'm also getting geared up for the Corridor Classic. We need more events like this in CR.
Bier Guy '99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
SMK4UNI

Don't know about an admission or not. The only information I have is what was sent to me in the email above. But like you said, it would be worth it.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
Matt Trump
PN social critique

Those things usually don't charge admission. That would be counterproductive to try and grow a fanbase.
Matt Trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
ihateISU

Default Just a reminder...

Just a remainder for those in the area.....
Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #8
SMK4UNI

Great event last night here in Cedar Rapids. Participation could have been a little better, about 35 people showed up but still very enjoyable. I can't get over how personable the coaches are and go out of their way to come over and talk to you. After listening to all the coaches talk, I personally wanted to follow all of panther athletics. Not a big tennis, track or wrestling fan but after listening to the coaches and what they said about their teams just gave me chills. The track team has a big meet this weekend and I can't wait to see how the wrestling team fairs next year, sounds like a great team coming back. Met a lot of great people last night and can't wait to see most of them again at the golf tourney on May 8 in CR.

Great event and for those who were unable to make it last night, try to make one, it will give you goosbumps all night.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

How are the signups for the CR UNI golf outing going?
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #10
Bier Guy '99
Featuring Large Midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers to the Bone
How are the signups for the CR UNI golf outing going?
Do you have details on this?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:40 PM   #11
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

Like how to sign up, or how many have signed up? I don't know how many have signed up, which is why I asked.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #12
Bier Guy '99
Featuring Large Midgets

No, I meant the "what, when, where, and how much" details, although the details you referred to would be good to know too.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #13
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

Cedar Rapids
Panther Prowl
Monday May 8th

1:00 pm Shot Gun
$125, 4-Person Shamble
Elmcrest CC - Cedar Rapids, IA

Jeff Textor: (319) 373-2333 x14
Old 04-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #14
SMK4UNI

I just talked to the guy that is running it yesterday. We need more teams!! Anybody is able to do this and it should be a great time. Dinner is going to be served by the Texas Roadhouse after the tournament. So for the money you get to play an A+ course, eat an excellent meal plus meet the coaches. And best of all you are helping the Scholarship Club and that is the most important of them all.

If you are in the Cedar Rapids area and free Monday May 8th please try to make it to this event. You can PM me if you need any more information.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #15
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

How was the golf event? I hope all went well. Great time to re-unite the Panther fan base in Cedar Rapids!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #16
SMK4UNI

Great event, a lot of fun. Wish I could have won something though. Oh well.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #17
JCPanthers
Super Moderator

Great event!! Very well organized and plenty of free beverages out on the course!! Last number I heard was that they raised about $8,000 for the Panther Scholarship Club!!
JCPanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #18
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab

Any cool information come from the event? Glad to hear things went well! $8K is awesome!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #19
SMK4UNI

Maryland womens bball is coming to the McLeod next year. Tony D said that wasn't going to be released until later this week but was pretty excited to have them coming to Cedar Falls.

Pretty cool that the women's national champions are coming to play an MVC team. Maybe the male counterpart in Maryland should buck up and also play some one from the MVC. Just an opinon though.