WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: NCAA reveals pool of officials for Final Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News: NCAA reveals pool of officials for Final Four

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
    Higgins and Hightower might show-boat a little, but their calls are usually correct. I'd take those guys any day over Ted Valentine.
    you should turn on the tv.

Comment

Well, this game does have about 1.5x the possessions of the normal game, which increases both the chances of a missed call and the overall refereeing difficulty.

I'm glad. This game is crazy fun to watch.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

The officiating was consistent, they really let them play tonight, which is pretty typical for a title game.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
          you should turn on the tv.
          I did say usually.

Comment

john higgins is overwhelmed in valley games. i have no idea how he got on this stage. my guess is that he took his winnings from rigging other games and paid someone off.

Comment

john higgins is overwhelmed in valley games. i have no idea how he got on this stage. my guess is that he took his winnings from rigging other games and paid someone off.
              Even as a joke, that's a delusional statement. I know he's not a Hawkeye favorite, but ask every valley coach who they would prefer to work their games and I would guarantee Higgins would be in the top 5 for almost all of the coaches.

Comment

If coaches didn't like his work, he wouldn't get the games he gets. He's a terrific official.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                  Even as a joke, that's a delusional statement. I know he's not a Hawkeye favorite, but ask every valley coach who they would prefer to work their games and I would guarantee Higgins would be in the top 5 for almost all of the coaches.
                  ?

higgins rarely does any iowa games. hes a big 12/MVC guy. and he sucks.

Comment

?

higgins rarely does any iowa games. hes a big 12/MVC guy. and he sucks.
                    Was referring to this...

Comment

Higgins has learned from that Iowa game. Anyone notice Pitino last night spin and swing his arms at the refs. Higgins finally realized that you don't T a coach up for every little antic they do on the sideline. Higgins walked over and tried to calm him down. Of course 10 seconds later Higgins called a foul on Michigan, that I think most people would not call.

His body of work or not Higgins had a BAD game last night, he missed two calls in the first 10 minutes. Even the announcers were saying they were missed calls and that officials should not miss those. The kicked ball right in front of him was hilarious, how do you not call that?

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
                        Higgins has learned from that Iowa game
                        I really know that I shouldn't let this conversation steer back towards "Iowa"...but what was it that Higgins was supposed to "learn" after that Iowa-UNI game? You almost make it sound as though he blew the game.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          I really know that I shouldn't let this conversation steer back towards "Iowa"...but what was it that Higgins was supposed to "learn" after that Iowa-UNI game? You almost make it sound as though he blew the game.
                          Maybe he "learned" that a technical foul call costs a team over 20 pts.

Seriously, the insistence on continuing to b*tch about that game just amazes the hell out of me.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

There were 17 technicals called in games officiated by Higgins in 11-12. He worked 86 games.

That's less than .2 per game. Iowa had 4 that night. It wasn't a Higgins problem, it was an Iowa problem.

His career average (per statsheet) is one technical every 4.5 games. Again, it was an Iowa problem that night regardless of the number of YouTube videos produced...
                            #MACtion

Comment

Yes there were some bad calls of the game, but they weren't all Higgins' calls and if Michigan fans are complaining you also have to look at how Behannan and Deng were molested in the paint last night.

Comment

john higgins is an arrogant prima donna and refs like him are a main reason why the college game in nearly unwatchable.

fortunately there was enough talent on the court last night to overcome his presence and make for a fantastic game.

again, John Higgins is the worst. any of us would be fired if we sucked that bad at our jobs.

just to be clear, John Higgins is an insult to anyone who actually puts forth reasonable effort at their profession.

Comment

Working...
                                X