WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cougill Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cougill Rumor

doesnt success at kirkwood translate reasonably well? jermain davis was decent at iowa, so was bryan petersen at ISU. we know how Ali turned out. heck, even Corey Viet was an excellent NAIA player.

Comment

Originally posted by unicager08 View Post
      Watched Cougill play against DMACC this year. Was not good. I don't think there is anyway Francis would want him in Iowa City either. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I would hope UNI wouldn't give him a scholarship right away just because of his lack of production at the Juco level and his academics. Maybe make him earn the scholarship?

But from a reliable source, is there is such a thing, UNI is definitely looking at him.
      He is averaging 14 points and 9 rebounds a game. highest points average on the team that is ranked fifth in the nation.

How is that a lack of production? Seems like good numbers to me. I think if the coaches like what they see and find room for him somehow then I would welcome him in a panther uniform.

He is a big body who wants to play the post. He knows how to rebound with 9 a game. Get this he can even score a basket once in while. Kirkwood plays a lot of quality teams with future and past d-1 talent.

If I were coaching the panthers I would be looking at him for sure.

Comment

Watched Cougill play against DMACC this year. Was not good. I don't think there is anyway Francis would want him in Iowa City either. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I would hope UNI wouldn't give him a scholarship right away just because of his lack of production at the Juco level and his academics. Maybe make him earn the scholarship?

But from a reliable source, is there is such a thing, UNI is definitely looking at him.

"Lack of production" at Iowa. Started 31 games, averaged 4 pts and 3 rebounds? Sure he was a freshman, but he was a starter.

Yes he does average 14 pts and 10 boards a game at Kirkwood, and yes there have been some good players come out of that college. But if you have ever watched a Juco basketball game, the defense is a far cry from the kind of defense played in the Valley. The last time he has played against defense anywhere close to Valley defense he produced the stats above. I would still say taking Cougill would be taking a huge risk. Make him earn the scholarship.

Comment

"Lack of production" at Iowa. Started 31 games, averaged 4 pts and 3 rebounds? Sure he was a freshman, but he was a starter.

Yes he does average 14 pts and 10 boards a game at Kirkwood, and yes there have been some good players come out of that college. But if you have ever watched a Juco basketball game, the defense is a far cry from the kind of defense played in the Valley. The last time he has played against defense anywhere close to Valley defense he produced the stats above. I would still say taking Cougill would be taking a huge risk. Make him earn the scholarship.
          4 pts is a lot in a Lickliter offense.

Its just my opinion but I think Cougill would make us better and give us a true post option.

Comment

He only started 7 games.

I think Cougill is a little overrated and always has been. But there is no question that he would improve UNI's current post game.

Comment

That is true. UNI's current post game is what you would call minimal I would say.

I really have confidence in Tuttle. Talking to the coaches and people around the program he reminds them of Grant Stout. Hopefully he can fill those shoes. If Koch improves as much as big bro did from Sophomore to Junior year and Chip plays like he did a couple games this year for the entire season. We will be just fine down low.

Comment

Brennan i smuch better than some of the current UNI so called bigs on the roster. I saw him play a LOT last year at Kirkswood and he is a monster. Did his business down low and not at three points line like at Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanishMoon View Post
                  Brennan i smuch better than some of the current UNI so called bigs on the roster. I saw him play a LOT last year at Kirkswood and he is a monster. Did his business down low and not at three points line like at Iowa.
                  I don't even know where to start with this post

Comment

Originally posted by SpanishMoon View Post
                    haha i have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                      I don't even know where to start with this post
                      Oh boy. If achrist is criticizing your grammar, then you're up s#!t creek...
                      Originally posted by rockybison
                      You guys suck so bad. Please never let me come back. Ya had 20 yrs by yourself and ya fckd it up. SU rolls in and does it in 4, prolly next year too. Living in a shadow is killn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey'sitsallgood View Post
                        Oh boy. If achrist is criticizing your grammar, then you're up s#!t creek...
                        I wasn't actually criticizing his grammar, read the post.

Comment

I wasn't actually criticizing his grammar, read the post.
                          Ok then, what were you trying to say?
                          Originally posted by rockybison
                          You guys suck so bad. Please never let me come back. Ya had 20 yrs by yourself and ya fckd it up. SU rolls in and does it in 4, prolly next year too. Living in a shadow is killn ya.

Comment

Alright there is a lot of terrible English (even for a message board) including smuch,and i, but mainly the fact that he saw him play a LOT at Kirkswood last year. Two things with that, he claims to live in Texas, and last year Brennan played at Iowa, I know you could say that he was referring to 2011 but I really don't think he was.

Comment

Alright there is a lot of terrible English (even for a message board) including smuch,and i, but mainly the fact that he saw him play a LOT at Kirkswood last year. Two things with that, he claims to live in Texas, and last year Brennan played at Iowa, I know you could say that he was referring to 2011 but I really don't think he was.
                              I was confused how he could live in Texas but watch a lot of his games at Kirkswood too, but was going to let that slide.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
                                I was confused how he could live in Texas but watch a lot of his games at Kirkswood too, but was going to let that slide.
                                Yeah I probably should of too

Comment

Working...
                                X