WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cougill Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cougill Rumor

I don't have any doubt that our coaching staff could take someone with Cougill's ability and turn him into a productive player.

The rumors of his work ethic are my biggest fear. If the kid has problems buckling down, I'd have serious concerns about whether he'd be healthy for our program.

There are too many kids out there who want to be on the UNI bball roster to spend a roster spot on someone with a questionable work ethic. Frankly, I think we're way past this now.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I really hope we get Cougill, I know we do not have any scholarships right now but a big man with some experience would be good with our younger post players next year. Just to take the pressure off of Buss, Tuttle, Rank. It helps that he is a good shooter.

This next statement is just my opinion and not based off of any evidence. I have a strong belief that one scholarship player will not be back next year due to lack of playing time now and in the future.

Comment

Who wouldn't be back? Do you have knowledge or just throwing **** against a wall and hoping it sticks?

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
          Who wouldn't be back? Do you have knowledge or just throwing **** against a wall and hoping it sticks?
          Apparently you did not read what I said. Do I want anyone to be gone? No. But I just believe that it will happen. Do I have insider knowledge? no. Can I just be an observant bystander? Yes.

I fail to see the **** that I threw against the wall. But thanks for your insightful comment.
          Last edited by DownGoesKansas; 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
            Apparently you did not read what I said. Do I want anyone to be gone? No. But I just believe that it will happen. Do I have insider knowledge? no. Can I just be an observant bystander? Yes.

I fail to see the **** that I threw against the wall. But thanks for your insightful comment.
            If it isn't inside knowledge, let's discuss. The only player with a possible reason to leave is Pehl, and I think he knows what he needs to do to improve over the rest of this year and next year.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

cougill is having a nice year at kirkwood, which has shown in the past to translate to MVC success.

Comment

Seeing some of our younger post play of late I am no longer completely against Cougill, I am still not sure he can be a member of our disciplined program however. But if we get him as a walk on you never know.

Comment

I am becoming more in favor of this everyday.

Comment

he is said publically he is very committed to returning to Iowa. forgettaboutit

Comment

Sorry to be "THAT" guy, but I haven't seen it on here nor can I find it.... Kelly Beaton AND Mike Hlas have said within the last few weeks UNI Coaches have been spotted at Kirkwood games... SOMETHING is going on.

Comment

I think Jake should tell the kid, "Look, we're full as far as scholarships go, but if you want to work your way back, contribute to a possible conference championship and possibly earn a scholarship, then we'll take you. But that's all we can offer you right now."
                        Originally posted by rockybison
                        You guys suck so bad. Please never let me come back. Ya had 20 yrs by yourself and ya fckd it up. SU rolls in and does it in 4, prolly next year too. Living in a shadow is killn ya.

Comment

Yep. I'm not, nor have I ever been impressed by him, but if he is willing to work for his scholly in 12 then sure I guess

Comment

Obviously the UNI staff has been reading run&blade's posts, and they now know that we can only win if we start recruiting more JUCOs.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

cougill would be a major improvement over whatever post play we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                                cougill would be a major improvement over whatever post play we have now.
                                This. But I do not want to get my hopes up because we do not have a scholarship open.

Would it be worth using Moran's 2012 scholarship and offer Cougil a 1 and 2 type deal? Cougil probably would not agree to it either because he could get a scholarship elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X