WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jevon Lyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jevon Lyle

apparently UNI got a 2011 commit from Jevon Lyle. A 6 ft Combo guard out of KC.

someone posted on valleytalk about it and Scout.com has him listed as committed.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=4562334

Re: Jevon Lyle

Jevon at one time was ranked as one of the top 50 players in the country.

#201 here...

For those who were there last weekend in the McLeod, you saw Jevon playing pick up with the guys.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Was rated as the #11 player in the 2011 class...when he was in 6th grade.

I wonder what this does with Estan Tyler, from Minnesota? He had an offer on the table...and plays point. I hope we still have strong interest, b/c he seemed to have a great summer and could be another great guard from the Minneapolis area for the Panthers. I'm glad Jevon committed though. We should have at least 2 scholys available.
      Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

How in the heck can he be a combo guard at 5'3"?

Comment

I think he's on the front far right.

Comment

How tall is he? One says 5'3 (which I doubt), and the other says 5'7. Both of which are really small.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Those were from at least 2 years ago, some longer than that. He's 6'0"/6'1".

Comment

Comment

But how are we set for bigs? Are we planning on leaning exclusively on Jake and Austin for 4 years? I'd like to see some high-quality bigs on the horizon. Athletic 6'8" or greater.

Is that greedy? I think it is a need.

Comment

I agree, we need some guys on the inside because Pehl hasn't shown me anything besides that he is tall and I've watched him since he was at least a Junior at CF.
                    Coach Whisenhunt 1/18/09. "There was never any complaints about not being named the starter, all he wanted was an opportunity and he took advantage of it. Kurt is probably one of the greatest individuals you'll ever meet. Kurt worked hard on a lot of things that a lot of times older quarterbacks aren't willing to do. That's a credit to his humility and his competitive drive, and the reason that we are here today in great part is what Kurt Warner has done for us."

Comment

Originally posted by CR Panther View Post
                      But how are we set for bigs? Are we planning on leaning exclusively on Jake and Austin for 4 years? I'd like to see some high-quality bigs on the horizon. Athletic 6'8" or greater.

Is that greedy? I think it is a need.

UNI got Nate Buss. He's an athletic '4' at 6'8" and still growing. He has similar game to A. Koch, just a little thinner at this time. Chip Rank is a 6'6" power forward who will play similarly to that of O'Rear, but maybe has a better jumper than Lucas. I'd love to see a 6'8"+ athletic forward/center, but so is most of the other schools in the country! It's interesting, b/c we have been so spoiled with Eglseder and Koch the last four years. When UNI is out recruiting trying to replace these two, they are looking at guys who are going to BCS type schools. It's going to be tough to replace those two.

Comment

What I want to know is, How in the heck did Drake get the recruits that they have been getting lately? I am impressed, at least on paper, of the kind of players that they got. I would love to see us get some of those players that they got.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Drake's recruits are ok, but they aren't phenomenal by any stretch of the imagination. Illinois is a down year in recruiting circles for HS talent. They got Karl Madison (which was UNI's back-up option to Josh Gasser), Rayvonte Rice is a 6'3" small forward, and Jeremy Jeffers is 6'5" wing forward who is probably better than the others. Only Jeffers had 'major' offers. Madison and Rice are top 15 recruits in Illinois, but neither had high major or even high mid-major offers. Drake has a new coach, some mover and shaker assistants, one fantastic year of exposure, and alot of playing time to offer. They are going to get some guys that are pretty good. However, until the program stabilizes and shows consistently that they can get it done, then, I wouldn't be too worried about who Drake recruits.

What kind of rankings involving these 3 make you covet them?

Koch and Elgseder both turned down 'major' offers. So did Travo. The others have committed to UNI at an early point in their recruitment where other teams didn't have chances to make offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                            The others have committed to UNI at an early point in their recruitment where other teams didn't have chances to make offers.
                            I think early commitments are key for recruiting on the mid-major level. I love when we grab someone early on before other schools have the chance to get excited about him. On the other hand, the recruit could turn out to be a bust (maybe end up not even playing at all).

Hopefully Jevon keeps up his hard work and turns out to be another great guard up at UNI!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X