WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob Weiss View Post
    The try to copy the moves by overexagerating while making stupid faces and then laughing?

Also, I enjoy and defend the band, so that argument doesn't work here.
    It's called having fun. Maybe you should try it. The band was probably laughing at themselves for not being able to do the moves. Again, lighten up.
    "If you want to bet against this UNI football team, go ahead. But, I'd be very careful."

-UNI Head Football Coach Mark Farley

Comment

The band HAS been much improved this year--choice of music, etc. They add so much. I have been meaning to tell the director with the backwards hat all year.

But, does it irritate anyone else that they are available only a certain number of games per year, yet always make themselves available for Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Dayton, and Chatanooga?

Let us not bag on each other, band. Take it out on that pompous idiot Altman who is pumping his fists right in front of you.

Comment

Here we go again. Another band discussion...

Comment

Making fun of the dance team has always been cool.
          UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

As has making fun of the band.
            UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by UNI05Alum View Post
              There's a chance that they are making a conscious decision not to show skin...Smart move in my book!
              I have no problem with NOT showing skin....just get rid of the full body panty-hose-girdle things that they are wearing.

Comment

Those girdle things probably connect their bottom to their tops so when they dance they aren't constiently pulling up or down on their uniforms. Their uniforms are probably one piece and thats to give the appearance of two pieces. You see that a lot in figure skating outfits as well as dance outfits. I would agree the seams would be better off in the back or on the side than straight up the front.

Comment

I'd suggest that we not make fun of either group. Both seem to represent our school very well. I know the dance girls work hard and have been nationally recognized for their work.
                  TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI05Alum View Post
                    There's a chance that they are making a conscious decision not to show skin...Smart move in my book!
                    Sorry - didn't mean to say that they can't make their own decision. Just my opinion that the tights or whatever do look rather odd. I like the black pants better. Again - not going to change my life any....jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by ferociouspredator View Post
                      The band HAS been much improved this year--choice of music, etc. They add so much. I have been meaning to tell the director with the backwards hat all year.

But, does it irritate anyone else that they are available only a certain number of games per year, yet always make themselves available for Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Dayton, and Chatanooga?

Let us not bag on each other, band. Take it out on that pompous idiot Altman who is pumping his fists right in front of you.
                      The band plays only when people in the athletic department tell them they can play. The band does not decide when they play, other people do. Don't blame the band, blame the people in the athletic department.
                      "If you want to bet against this UNI football team, go ahead. But, I'd be very careful."

Comment

I concur. Every time there's a band thread it reminds me how uninformed most people are, but that won't stop them from sound off anyways.
                        maybe I'll try to copy the band and bring my own tuba.
                        HA HA HA HA HA HA! TUBA! Oh, you get me! You are HILARIOUS! Just a riot. You really made my entire week with this comedic gem. Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back. TUBA! Haha.

My future profession is not a joke. Thanks.

"Once it starts, it never ends."
                        -Eldon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers#1 View Post
                          It's called having fun. Maybe you should try it. The band was probably laughing at themselves for not being able to do the moves. Again, lighten up.
                          You should come up with a new reply besides lighten up and don't hate on the band. i'm 25, not some old uptight guy. I brought up something I saw, this is a discussion board, maybe you should lighten up.
                          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Wigim View Post
                            I concur. Every time there's a band thread it reminds me how uninformed most people are, but that won't stop them from sound off anyways.

HA HA HA HA HA HA! TUBA! Oh, you get me! You are HILARIOUS! Just a riot. You really made my entire week with this comedic gem. Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back. TUBA! Haha.

My future profession is not a joke. Thanks.
                            Sorry that this became a discussion about the band in general, Marc. I was just questioning a couple of people, not the value of the band or anything like that. It's been great hearing the fight song at full tempo this winter.
                            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

It's been great hearing the fight song at full tempo this winter.
                              Amen to that.
                              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

You should come up with a new reply besides lighten up and don't hate on the band. i'm 25, not some old uptight guy. I brought up something I saw, this is a discussion board, maybe you should lighten up.
                                And you were uninformed. Again, lighten up

Comment

Working...
                                X