WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI offers Doug McDermott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI offers Doug McDermott

Originally posted by Silent Earl View Post
    I did not know that. I assumed you received something, not much of course, but something. My respect for you was already pretty high, but it just went up.
    In the interest of full disclosure, I don't want anyone to think I am slave labor. The athletic dept does help me out with tickets and membership in the PSC. Does that still qualify me as a volunteer? I don't know, but I bet Newsy would have an answer.

PR
    You don't break out the Purple and Gold on game days or look for special gifts and gadgets bearing the colors because you want to be seen among the loyal. Purple and Gold aren't colors you see---they're colors you feel. They run through your veins with a continuous roar.

Ya Gotta Believe

Comment

A lot of people(i.e. donors, volunteers, etc) were offered seats on the plane, just to clear that up.
      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Weiss View Post
        A lot of people(i.e. donors, volunteers, etc) were offered seats on the plane, just to clear that up.
        Oh really...........................................
        Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"

Comment

"offered seats" sounds like they were free...offered seats to purchase would be a more accurate statement.

Comment

I have to say that the picture of Doug in DSM Rag, he looks like he's 13.

Comment

Isn't Mac on thin ice at ISU? That may be another reason for not recruiting his son.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan444 View Post
                Isn't Mac on thin ice at ISU? That may be another reason for not recruiting his son.
                Not with that contract. He'll be around for many years to come. Coach Mac got the best of them in that negotiation. He has them by the balls.

Coach Mac's son isn't going anywhere other than ISU as long as his dad is there. He'll walk on at ISU over taking a scholarship from UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantherwoman View Post
                  "offered seats" sounds like they were free...offered seats to purchase would be a more accurate statement.
                  that is true.
                  Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/baske...ington-huskies

Someone stop me if you've heard this story before...

Comment

Someone needs a ban hammer for bumping this.

Petition to require all threads that mention McDermott be discussing Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherInsider View Post
                        Not with that contract. He'll be around for many years to come. Coach Mac got the best of them in that negotiation. He has them by the balls.

Coach Mac's son isn't going anywhere other than ISU as long as his dad is there. He'll walk on at ISU over taking a scholarship from UNI.
                        I disagree.

Comment

I guess I didn't know there was another McDermott kid.
                          "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Working...
                          X