WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI vb 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI vb 2014

Per KCNZ both Kintzel sisters are now leaving the program.

Kintzel Leaving UNI Volleyball Team
    Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:27:06 CDT

The UNI volleyball team will be looking to replace both Kintzel sisters this fall. 1650 The Fan has learned that Courtney Kintzel has left the Panther program. Kintzel played alongside her older sister, Shelby, in the UNI starting lineup for much of the 2013 season. Shelby will graduate from UNI this spring after completing her eligibility. Courtney led the Panthers in blocks and was third on the team in kills last season. It’s not entirely clear if Kintzel intends to transfer to another program. She declined comment on the matter yesterday afternoon.

Comment

heard that both Iowa and Iowa State were interested in getting Courtney to transfer there, but the UNI coaches wouldn't grant her release to another in-state school. No "friend hat" for Bobbi in this situation. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
        heard that both Iowa and Iowa State were interested in getting Courtney to transfer there, but the UNI coaches wouldn't grant her release to another in-state school. No "friend hat" for Bobbi in this situation. haha.
        She will not be able to transfer to any school that has a remote chance of playing UNI in the future (Creighton, conf., surrounding states, etc.) if she decides to continue her volleyball career.

Comment

That's pretty harsh for a non-revenue sport isn't it?
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
            that's what I was thinking too.
            I could see not granting a release to go to a conference rival, or another in-state. Or Creighton for that matter, since UNI is actually signed up for a 4 year rotating series with them (and Kentucky and USC). But the whole "no surrounding states" thing seems a bit much.

Also, CK will be a redshirt junior this fall, so even if UNI didn't grant the release, wouldn't it still be possible for her to sit out a season and play her senior season?

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
              IDK..that is what I was told...

Comment

I was told she was headed to Marquette (which is in one of the surrounding states). But I didn't ask the coaches directly about it (only about the Kentucky/Creighton/USC tourney)

Comment

I'm excited to hear that UNI will once again be hosting the MVC conference volleyball tournament (3rd time in 5 years) over Thanksgiving weekend.
                  Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

UNI ended their dietetics program in the late 90's. my sister was on the tennis team and also ended up transferring and graduated from iowa state.

Comment

Saint Louis University (where UNI volleyball is opening the season) just posted their schedule.

The Panthers will be taking on Alabama at noon on Fri. 8/29, then playing Saint Louis at 7 pm that night. On Saturday, UNI will face Southeast Missouri at 5 pm. (Memphis is also in the tournament, but it appears that UNI will not be playing them).

Alabama finished tied for 4th in the SEC last season, with an overall record of 24-9 in the regular season. They were awarded an at-large bid to the NCAA tourney where they lost 3-1 to Oklahoma.

That makes 5 non-conference opponents on the schedule that made the NCAA tourney last year (Bama; then all 3 of the opponents next weekend - Kentucky, Creighton, and USC; as well as Iowa State), plus the two (or possibly three) matches in conference against WSU.

Also, UNI will again be offering the volleyball/wbb season ticket package. Not sure of the exact pricing, but I renewed my three seats for a total of $96. How much of that was in ticket charges or "convenience fees" or whatever, or if there was a PSC or senior discount applied, I don't know. Still not a bad deal overall.

Comment

Kintzel's transfer to Marquette has been officially announced

Comment

Looking at the roster this year, it seems as if Elena Lushine and Brittany Nelson are no longer on the team. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                            Looking at the roster this year, it seems as if Elena Lushine and Brittany Nelson are no longer on the team. Anyone have any ideas?
                            Nelson unfortunately had another knee injury and is done for the season (and probably her collegiate career). I believe I heard that Lushine is still at UNI, but is no longer playing volleyball.

Comment

Working...
                            X