WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas City info needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump.

Home offer in leawood has been accepted today. I am now 25% poorer.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

Re: Kansas City info needed please

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
      Bump.

Home offer in leawood has been accepted today. I am now 25% poorer.

So, do you have to get a new username? And avatar? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
        So, do you have to get a new username? And avatar? Please.
        Haven't sold the shack in CA yet. By the way, should I send you the picture of of the lady in the avatar stripping in front of the elementary school assembly? Sounds like you want more...

Comment

Haven't sold the shack in CA yet. By the way, should I send you the picture of of the lady in the avatar stripping in front of the elementary school assembly? Sounds like you want more...

Sorry I mentioned it.

Comment

Trapped's avatars are the reason I get up in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Barnstormer View Post
              Trapped's avatars are the reason I get up in the morning...

And now, even more sorry.

Comment

FYI, for anyone thinking of moving to CA, and not dying on-site.

Dirty little secret - CA law mandates the withholding of 3.33% of sale price, or 12.3% of gain on a home sale when leaving CA. This is prepayment of income taxes that may or may not be due, when you leave.

If you are owed a refund, you may get it in June of the following year - that is if the state doesn't need to issue IOUs at that time. Interest paid on the held money is 0.00%.

Also, you can't file you returns early, as they don't publish the tax forms until late November.

Comment

Yikes. That is terrible for you, but I have to admit that some politician is getting high fives from his/her colleagues for sticking it to the folks moving away. Imagine how much money that pumps into their treasury, even if only a temporary cash flow.

Comment

I haven't filled out the form yet (one page form, 12 pages of instructions), but somehow I imagine we will end up clearing $12 on this home sale.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters
                    Last edited by Trapped in California; 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                      Yikes. That is terrible for you, but I have to admit that some politician is getting high fives from his/her colleagues for sticking it to the folks moving away. Imagine how much money that pumps into their treasury, even if only a temporary cash flow.
                      If I remember correctly, any residence sold for under $100,000 is except. So, I believe there are dozens of houses in California that would be excempt.

I don't think the reason for the law was to pump money into the economy temporarily. I think it had more to do with the high dollar amounts involved in most house sales. Ten years ago, there were lots of average people who sold their houses for $250,000 to $500,000 profit and left California. California being the land of taxes, hates to see that money leave without their cut.

Anyway, we will miss you Trapped! You are welcome back anytime. Hey, we are friendly people here in California.

Comment

The people aren't the problem - its the elected representatives...

Comment

So...getting back to the important stuff... what will your new username be?
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                            So...getting back to the important stuff... what will your new username be?
                            Snake Pliskin

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

On second thought, how about:

Comment

On second thought, how about:

That's just creepy.
                                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                                - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                                X