WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exertional rhabdomyolysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: exertional rhabdomyolysis

Not to open a can of worms, again, but anyone that thinks these kids didn't have something in their system that made them shut down is naive as hell. I am not saying even steroids or anything, it might have just been a supliment or something. Crazy, this wasn't just a "hard workout." One, two, maybe three I would listen to coincedence, 12, nope. Sorry.
    Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

I agree Jeg, there is something they were taking that made their bodies react this way. I am not saying all 13 were on something, because I do believe some of them were out of shape and not ready for the workout, but a few of them had to be on something.

I have heard of several incidents with this happening and majority of the athletes were on some sort of supplement.

I remember this thing happening in my High School, a bunch of the seniors were taking creatine and when we started summer workouts, 2 of them got really sick and had to go to the hospital. Turned it was the same thing, they were out for 1 week and back to normal. Funny part of the story, they were not following the directions on the supplement and were just using it at their own will.

I think some kids get this crap from stores in the malls and what not and they do not know what they are doing to their bodies. Kind of reminds of Cartmen on South Park "BEEFCAKE"

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
        Not to open a can of worms, again, but anyone that thinks these kids didn't have something in their system that made them shut down is naive as hell. I am not saying even steroids or anything, it might have just been a supliment or something. Crazy, this wasn't just a "hard workout." One, two, maybe three I would listen to coincedence, 12, nope. Sorry.
        This.

UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
          I think some kids get this crap from stores in the malls and what not and they do not know what they are doing to their bodies. Kind of reminds of Cartmen on South Park "BEEFCAKE"
          exactly. people think that just because something isn't banned or closely regulated, that it is totally safe.

but just about anything can be dangerous when not used properly. (and personally, I think some of that stuff is dangerous even when used according to the directions)

Comment

Working...
          X