WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jevon Lyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jevon Lyle

It really is a terrible habit... Damn, there it goes again... Crap...
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Crawford View Post
      It also makes me feel like Jake is here for the long run...
      I hope so.

I think Jake is destined for big things. Building a winner at UNI is big, don't get me wrong.

But the big jobs will come. AD's would have to love this guy.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Crawford View Post
        It also makes me feel like Jake is here for the long run...
        I hope so.

I think Jake is destined for big things. Building a winner at UNI is big, don't get me wrong.

But he'll be making seven figures coaching college hoops at some point. AD's have to love this guy.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

are we grooming one of the assistants to replace him if need be?

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
            I've thought about this before too. I think that Green could be a potential head coach someday.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

We sent him away to a BCS school for a few years to hone his coaching and recruiting skills.

He should be ready to return form his grooming by the time Jake leaves.
              Originally posted by TH1974
              This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

It's gotta be Kyle Green. He was a head coach at a DII school in Illinois for a couple years and was an assistant at Marquette under Crean for a year or two. He is obviously Jake's top assistant and I wouldn't be surprised if they slapped the 'associate head coach' tag on him soon...
                #MACtion

Comment

I heard he walks with a limp but seem to be healthy when he plays bb. Probably it scared off some other schools.

Comment

I hope Jake stays for the long haul. Dana Altman didn't go anywhere and he is a Creighton legend. Coach Jake could be the coaching legend of UNI, he certainly will if he stays. Guy is full of class off of the basketball court as well. He is a stand up guy.

Comment

it also helps for altman that he has a huge salary as creighton is private....UNI can't offer jake anything close to that imo, no matter how much success he has here

Comment

Originally posted by UnderParPanther View Post
                        it also helps for altman that he has a huge salary as creighton is private....UNI can't offer jake anything close to that imo, no matter how much success he has here
                        We can as long as it comes from private donations just like Coach Farley's.
                        Originally posted by TH1974
                        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Speaking of assistants (or former assistants), did anyone else notice the Rich Glas quote as one of the best quotes of the decade in the latest SI.

I don't have it in front of me but it was a response to a question on how he gets his team up for a game against Kansas (when he was at UND) he responded by saying that they put their pants on the same way, they just pull them up 2 feet further.

Comment

In recruiting Douggy Mac and knowing that Greg and Jake are good friends, wouldn't you think that he was planning on staying around since he just signed his best friends son.

That had to be a matter of discussion in the recruiting process. Wouldn't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by PantherN8 View Post
                              In recruiting Douggy Mac and knowing that Greg and Jake are good friends, wouldn't you think that he was planning on staying around since he just signed his best friends son.

That had to be a matter of discussion in the recruiting process. Wouldn't you think?
                              Of course he is planning on staying around, right up until the point he gets an offer he can't refuse and changes his plan. Same way as it worked with Mac, he of all people would have to understand that, and so should his son.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatz! View Post
                                Speaking of assistants (or former assistants), did anyone else notice the Rich Glas quote as one of the best quotes of the decade in the latest SI.

I don't have it in front of me but it was a response to a question on how he gets his team up for a game against Kansas (when he was at UND) he responded by saying that they put their pants on the same way, they just pull them up 2 feet further.
                                I saw that too, just read it last night. It was in their "They Said It" section of "Scorecard" in the decade in review edition last week. Pretty cool that he got picked for it. I've still got it here so I'll post the quote.

Rich Glas, basketball coach at Division II North Dakota, on motivating his players before a game with No.4-ranked Kansas: "I told our guys, 'They put their pants on the same way we do. They just pull them up two feet higher.' "

from Sports Illustrated, Nov. 27, 2000
                                It's my kind of team, Charlie. My kind of team!

Comment

Working...
                                X