WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petersen to Iowa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petersen to Iowa?

On KWWL they said that Iowa has been granted permission to talk to Bobbie Petersen about possibly becoming the next Iowa women's volleyball coach. How sad would that be?!

They said Hartzell and Petersen were going to talk about her future at UNI on Sunday afternoon. Keep her around Rick! We need her at UNI!

Go Panthers!
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Big money is ruining college athletics. It's almost a forgone conclusion that eventually we'll lose our fb and bb coaches when a big program comes along and offers 5-10 times what UNI can pay. You'd like to think we don't have to worry so much about it with the non-revenue sports like vb. Keep your mitts off the UNI coaches Bowlsby!
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

If she leaves...Maybe we could coax Irage out of retirement for a couple year. What he did with this program was amazing.
      "I told my team that we just played a very athletic team (ISU), but we're going to play a much better basketball team (in UNI).'' Wagner coach Mike Deane.

Comment

Bobbi Peterson Staying

Bobbi Peterson has told Iowa she is not interested in coaching their volleyball team. Rick Hartzell and the UNI administration have done a terrific job retaining one of the best young coaches in the country. Holding on to her will solidify the great fall sports programs at UNI and continue to give us the opportunity to have another Top 20 nationally ranked team each year. It's great to see a UNI alum have so much success and remain loyal to her alma mater!

Comment

welcome panther AC

you nailed it right on the nose. we need to keep bobbi right here in cedar falls and i am very glad she isn't going to iowa city

Comment

Petersen staying at UNI

CEDAR FALLS -- Bobbi Petersen will remain the volleyball coach at Northern Iowa.

Petersen, the highly successful coach who was looking into the coaching vacancy at the University of Iowa, recently, removed her name from consideration with a phone call to Iowa City Tuesday afternoon.

"It's obvious I love where I am, and there are a lot of great things about this place," Petersen said today.

"It was my top priority this week, to be sure," said UNI athletics director Rick Hartzell. "We could not lose her."

It was the support by UNI and Hartzell that helped keep the coach in place, she said.

"When I first started here, there were some things we needed to address to take things to the next level. We weren't able to do some of those things because of budget concerns.

"But I really feel now that with our administration and the community support of the university for volleyball it's a great place to be."

Petersen believed she owed it to herself to explore the Iowa opening.

"I think the opportunity at Iowa is attractive for a variety of reasons," she said. "It was just something that, professionally, I felt I needed to look into.

"There are a lot of things going on there and a lot of support. It was a place worth checking into."
            "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Way to keep her at home Hartzell, Koob, and Athletic Club!
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
              X