WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI to be part of ESPN TipOff Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI to be part of ESPN TipOff Marathon

Like the opponent, would of rather had a "money" bcs game but this is still good.

I have 1 question though: If you are on ESPN when everyone in the country is asleep, is there any point to it?

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
      Like the opponent, would of rather had a "money" bcs game but this is still good.

I have 1 question though: If you are on ESPN when everyone in the country is asleep, is there any point to it?
      Yes. So we can see it on TV

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
        Yes. So we can see it on TV
        That was kinda my point, how many people will actually be able to watch it?

Comment

Hopefully a couple of California recruits

Comment

Since this is part of the TipOff Marathon does UNI see any $$ for this game or is it simply a home and home?
            "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                If it wasn't for the interstate rivalry, I'd question that matchup with UI in terms of SOS.
                really? i doubt many mid majors turn down straight up home and homes with high major schools regardless of how bad they are.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                  really? i doubt many mid majors turn down straight up home and homes with high major schools regardless of how bad they are.
                  He laid out the bait and you went right for it, so predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                    Agreed. It will always be one of our best selling home tickets regardless of how good or bad Iowa is.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                      Since this is part of the TipOff Marathon does UNI see any $$ for this game or is it simply a home and home?
                      No idea but a few years back we wouldn't be on tv period UNI mens BB has come leaps and bounds in a very few years ! you gotta love it if your a Panther Fan ! just got my new UNI flag today also will be proudly flying along the great river road !
                      Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by silent earl View Post
                        he laid out the bait and you went right for it, so predictable.

Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

That is going to be a rough road trip travelwise. I don't think the time for TV is too bad, it could be worse. I think college basketball fanatics (especially west coasters) will try to tune in for this one, at least the first half or so.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I'm thinking put the kids to bed early that night, hit the sack myself for a few winks, then get up to watch the Panthers in the middle of the night. Does the OP deliver at that hour?

Comment

DVR, well, maybe take a half day on Wednesday.

Comment

seemed like an honest question to me, and i gave an honest answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X