WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa game

Originally posted by igo4uni View Post
    I'm predicting a big UNI victory in Iowa City.
    Don't hold your breath, you'll suffocate. Iowa will win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by panther85 View Post
      Don't hold your breath, you'll suffocate. Iowa will win this game.
      He didn't say what sport!

Ah igo, the eternal optimist.

Comment

Never gonna happen. What's next, igo...I suppose Boise is going to beat Oklahoma, Utah over Alabama, Appy. St. over Michigan. HA!! I want what you're smokin'.

Comment

A coworker stated Big11 rules require 4,000 seats for visitors for conference games. Coworker doesn't know how that works for non conference games. One might have to be a season ticket holder and contribute to the PSC to have a shot for the UNI allocation.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
            Never gonna happen. What's next, igo...I suppose Boise is going to beat Oklahoma, Utah over Alabama, Appy. St. over Michigan. HA!! I want what you're smokin'.

I agree but I would sell my soul to beat them.
            "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
              A coworker stated Big11 rules require 4,000 seats for visitors for conference games. Coworker doesn't know how that works for non conference games. One might have to be a season ticket holder and contribute to the PSC to have a shot for the UNI allocation.
              Such conference rules have no bearing on non-conference games.
              Just like MVFC rules that govern such matters for UNI's conference games don't carry over to any non-con games they host.

Terms are agreed upon by the two schools when they set up the contract for the game. The NCAA may have some general guidelines that must be adhered to, but I'm not sure they would have anything that covers ticket allotment in such games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
                I agree but I would sell my soul to beat them.
                I would sell my soul for a NC but beating Iowa might be #2. More so just to see the looks on the Iowa fans as they walk out of the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Earl
                  Does anyone know if the reported contracts to play Iowa and Iowa State for the next 10 years are 5 times each in alternating years, or is it like ISU 7 times and Iowa 3?

IMO if UNI plays Iowa 5 times in 10 years we will get at least one win in there somewhere. No UNI player has ever played against Iowa more than once, has ever been on the field in Kinnick more than once. Familiarity breeds confidence. It took us 3 tries to beat ISU the first time and we beat them on average about one third of the times we play.

If ISU can beat Iowa 7 out of 10 or whatever, UNI can certainly beat them given enough chances. We will never be favored going in obviously, but upsets happen.
                  I think this is a pretty good post. Look what happened for us at Iowa State. We had a couple close games down there which we lost, and then we went down the next year and gave them a good beat down.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                    I think this is a pretty good post. Look what happened for us at Iowa State. We had a couple close games down there which we lost, and then we went down the next year and gave them a good beat down.
                    We need to play Iowa close first. We were competitive and showed up well in the '05 game, but Iowa was never in any danger of losing. I was there. Iowa's program is several levels above Iowa State's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                      Iowa's program is several levels above Iowa State's as well.
                      Funny. If they are several levels above ISU, you'd think the recent head-to-head record would show evidence of that. (past 11 meetings, Iowa has 4 wins. ISU has 7)

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                        Funny. If they are several levels above ISU, you'd think the recent head-to-head record would show evidence of that. (past 11 meetings, Iowa has 4 wins. ISU has 7)
                        Very true. Not to mention the fact that they lost at Iowa State in Ames the very week after we soundly beat them there.

It could happen, but like was mentioned, it would be nice to be able to play them at Kinnick a few times more as we had been able to do with Iowa State.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Overall, I'd probably say that Iowa does have a "better" football program than Iowa State.
                          But I wouldn't call it "several levels above".
                          And as has been clearly evidenced, whatever the difference in "levels", it doesn't dictate what happens on that field in the head-to-head.

As far as how all this pertains to UNI's next game, in Kinnick....
                          Of course Iowa will be favored. And justifiably so. But I certainly don't think the possibility of UNI pulling off an upset is outside the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                            I realize the recent head to head doesn't back that up. I'm talking level of recruits they realistically have access to, level of recruits they sign, legit NFL prospects, resources, coaching stability, facilities, etc. The variables needed to win are far more prevalent at Iowa than ISU, and that's backed up historically. A more minor point...it would be easier to recruit in Iowa City than Ames. This is subjective, and it's not like Iowa City is some southern metropolis...but Ames is far from either.

Given the state of both programs the last ten years, Iowa State has always had more to play for, and as a result plays with a big chip on their shoulder. Give them credit for winning, but realize the above.

Comment

The University of Iowa Athletic Department always looks great as long as its point of comparision is Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther789 View Post
                                The University of Iowa Athletic Department always looks great as long as its point of comparision is Iowa State.
                                That's all I was doing. I wasn't comparing Iowa to Ohio St., Michigan, or a level above that...say Florida, Texas, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X