WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Jacobson spotted today in Illinois recruiting Bruninga

Comment

I should mention, that based on the few videos I've watched I really, really like Bruninga, I saw a tweet that said we are one of the schools where he is taking an official visit.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
        I should mention, that based on the few videos I've watched I really, really like Bruninga, I saw a tweet that said we are one of the schools where he is taking an official visit.
        Any other info, links?

Comment

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tayl...ball-stats.htm

video here:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/taylor-bruninga

I would say he's basically a 6'9" SF, almost looks like Buss.

Comment

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tayl...ball-stats.htm

video here:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/taylor-bruninga

I would say he's basically a 6'9" SF, almost looks like Buss.
            Thanks. Like the length aspect. If he's anything like Buss, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Mobile, good athlete, can both shoot outside and drive, etc. This program can't get enough of this type of player.

Comment

Yep. Also, Phyfe lost in the state semis today but from what I have been told he looked very good.

I don't see how he can redshirt next year. How minutes are distributed will be interesting. We could also play some massive lineups

Comment

Bruninga said he will take vists to Loyola, ISUr, UNI, and "maybe more."

No new news about Pickford, other than that he's apparently the only unsigned player in Minnesota's Mr. Basketball Top 10

Comment

Yep. Also, Phyfe lost in the state semis today but from what I have been told he looked very good.

I don't see how he can redshirt next year. How minutes are distributed will be interesting. We could also play some massive lineups
                  22 and 11. Best player on the floor and not close.

If the rest of his team would have shot better than 20% they win going away. They beat the same team by 18 earlier in the year.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    22 and 11. Best player on the floor and not close.

If the rest of his team would have shot better than 20% they win going away. They beat the same team by 18 earlier in the year.
                    Basically what I heard as well. Not exactly sure whose minutes he will take but he has to play.

Comment

I saw Phyfe's dad Steve play in both high school at Nashua and at UNI and Austin seems so much larger. He may be an inch or two shorter than Steve, but he is so much bigger in the upper body. Austin made a couple of 3 pointers last night, but no doubt in my mind he will be able to contribute some good inside minutes right out of the gate next year. It appears he has good hands too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post
                        I saw Phyfe's dad Steve play in both high school at Nashua and at UNI and Austin seems so much larger. He may be an inch or two shorter than Steve, but he is so much bigger in the upper body. Austin made a couple of 3 pointers last night, but no doubt in my mind he will be able to contribute some good inside minutes right out of the gate next year. It appears he has good hands too.
                        You must be wrong. I said in the "next year" thread an opposing coach told me Phyfe isn't as tall as listed. I was told by BCPanther Jesus himself measured Austin two years ago at an Iowa football camp bare footed with his bunions filed down and he was 6-8 3/4.

So you see, you are wrong, damn wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                          You must be wrong. I said in the "next year" thread an opposing coach told me Phyfe isn't as tall as listed. I was told by BCPanther Jesus himself measured Austin two years ago at an Iowa football camp bare footed with his bunions filed down and he was 6-8 3/4.
                          I'm pretty sure that measurement was with bunions included.

Comment

Watched Phyfe play the semi final game.

Impressions....big strong kid. Skilled with the ball. Good passer. Not selfish...to a fault.

Most impressive though...his feet and athleticism. He goes to the basket hard. Very athletic with quick spin moves and bringing 230+ lbs of bulk with him. A handful. Good on the boards...he'll help us there.

Didn't see him shoot much from 8 to 15 feet. Stroke looks good but he never pulled up to shoot from mid-range.

Made a few big threes and looked good doing it...but only shot 25% for the season.

Really I thought WSR lost that semi game by not getting Phyfe enough shots or chances to get to the line. They don't have much else for scorers and he needed more attempts in 2nd half. I would a moved him around a little more to get touches and not post him up against 2 or 3 defenders.

But I left the game with confidence that this kid is going to help us.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

So you see, you are wrong, damn wrong.
                              It's too bad for us that teenagers stop growing once they hit 16...

Comment

Another 20 and 15 for Phyfe today in the consolation game.

Pretty good for a 5-11 kid.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X