WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Maybe we can get Juan Valdez as an offensive coordinator.

Comment

Looks like UNI has also got a commitment from LB/TE Chris Kolarevic out of Traverse City, Michigan.

Had a PWO offer from the Wolverines.

Watched a little of his highlight video. I'd use the words fast and physical to describe what I saw.

We don't sign a lotta kids outta Michigan.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Looks like Schirck is indeed going to sign with the Gophers. Figured he was going to get an offer with an invite to visit this close to signing day.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
          UNI picks up another big body in John Yount OL.

6'4" 280

Looks like when Farley mentioned they were going for big physical lineman , they were not kidding. Can't be sure about how well they will pass block, but these guys look like they will be maulers.

That's the thought I have watching all the films on the guys we have committed.

I don't know if they can hold pass blocks for s*** but they are sure as hell big mother f-ers that want nothing more than beat the living hell out of the guys across from them.

That's refreshing. I like it. I also like the fact they are all 6-4 to 6-6 and 280 plus coming in. Don't have to spend a redshirt year plus a year or two to get them to 300. With these kids the size is already there, now it's just tuning the body.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
            That's the thought I have watching all the films on the guys we have committed.

I don't know if they can hold pass blocks for s*** but they are sure as hell big mother f-ers that want nothing more than beat the living hell out of the guys across from them.

That's refreshing. I like it. I also like the fact they are all 6-4 to 6-6 and 280 plus coming in. Don't have to spend a redshirt year plus a year or two to get them to 300. With these kids the size is already there, now it's just tuning the body.
            Yeah it jumped out at me watching Yount's video...he was tossing around DL men from some prominent 4A programs from Central Iowa in an impressive manner.

Sometimes you watch those videos and it's the biggest kid on the field pancaking kids who are 60 lbs smaller. Yount was facing some of Iowa's best defenses and dealing out some punishment.
            Last edited by Blue42; 01-29-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I'd like to see us add another RB that can play next year, that is the area that we are very thin at next year, all we have is Allen, Graham and Browning. There is talent, but no depth.

Other than that I am excited to see how the redshirts from last year progressed.

Comment

I'm wondering if they might give Isaiah Trousil out of West Burlington a look at RB...Or if he'll go at CB or safety.

Also wonder if anyone ever heard who shined on the scout team last year. That's usually a pretty good indicator of what RS are likely to have big freshman years. Heard the scout DL was pretty physical but that's about all I ever heard from MF.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                  Looks like UNI has also got a commitment from LB/TE Chris Kolarevic out of Traverse City, Michigan.

Had a PWO offer from the Wolverines.

Watched a little of his highlight video. I'd use the words fast and physical to describe what I saw.

We don't sign a lotta kids outta Michigan.
                  If this is true that looks like an amazing grab. His highlight tape is legitimately B10 good. A PWO from Michigan is pretty damn good with how they've been recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                    Looks like Schirck is indeed going to sign with the Gophers. Figured he was going to get an offer with an invite to visit this close to signing day.
                    That's unfortunate, he'd be a beast on that line for us. I believe I heard that Bedale Naba from Valley will be coming to UNI. He's a little shorter but strong and nasty as hell and much faster and athletic than your typical DL. Will be interesting to see if he sticks at that position

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                      I believe I heard that Bedale Naba from Valley will be coming to UNI. He's a little shorter but strong and nasty as hell and much faster and athletic than your typical DL. Will be interesting to see if he sticks at that position

If he's anything like Boothby on the field, I'll take it.

Comment

I heard we picked up First team all state kicker from Valley West Des Moines Cole Hahn

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                          I heard we picked up First team all state kicker from Valley West Des Moines Cole Hahn
                          I think Hahn is going to Iowa. I believe we are getting another kid from Valley who did some PK, kick offs and some punting.

Comment

Unless something has changed in the last week, it appears that the shoemaker is going to AIB East

Comment

Sorry got excited when I heard we were getting the kicker from Valley

Hope we end up with a good group of players. I thought last year was a great recruiting class. We will see what we end up with after all the coaching deptures
                              A lot to take place between now and spring ball

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Bryce Flater from Grundy Center. Offered a gray shirt at Iowa to bulk up and play fullback, but will play linebacker here.

6-1 and a solid 225 at this point. Ran an electronic 4.66 at Iowa State camp last summer. Good hips and does well in space. Assume he'll play inside here.
                                Looks like Bryce Flater has verbally committed to the Panthers.

Comment

Working...
                                X