WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class of 2017--Football Recruits

I think he was injured at the end of the year at Muscatine, anyone know what it was?

Comment

UNI commit Austin Schirck 6'5" 250 DL officially visiting Minnesota this weekend. Does not have a offer from them, Lets hope it stays that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurencenim2 View Post
        UNI commit Austin Schirck 6'5" 250 DL officially visiting Minnesota this weekend. Does not have a offer from them, Lets hope it stays that way.
        In reading some recruiting stuff, it sounds like Minnesota's new staff is going hard after some alternative targets late, which is potentially messing up the list of verbals from a few schools, not just UNI. Not sure if they lost some due to the drama/change or not. If you remember, Iowa State did the same last year by getting in and snagging a few guys late.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
          In reading some recruiting stuff, it sounds like Minnesota's new staff is going hard after some alternative targets late, which is potentially messing up the list of verbals from a few schools, not just UNI. Not sure if they lost some due to the drama/change or not. If you remember, Iowa State did the same last year by getting in and snagging a few guys late.
          The Matt Campbell Hype-train steamrolled through a few different recruiting agendas I'm sure before changing into a ridiculous, carnage-filled roller coaster of a season in Ames.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurencenim2 View Post
            It would be nice if Paup tells Schirck to honor his verbal commitment, but I wouldn't be surprised if the kid leaves. Paup seems like a good coach to play for. I'm curious to see how many UNI prospects de-commit to play with Paup or other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
              It would be nice if Paup tells Schirck to honor his verbal commitment, but I wouldn't be surprised if the kid leaves. Paup seems like a good coach to play for. I'm curious to see how many UNI prospects de-commit to play with Paup or other schools.
              Jared Brinkman from IC Regina has said he's sticking with UNI.

I like the looks of him. Built like a bowling ball but athletic. I like a Hvywght wrestler at DT. Think he could be a good one.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Farley was at alumni event in Naples today. 5 days before signing day with no staff. I just can't...
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  Farley was at alumni event in Naples today. 5 days before signing day with no staff. I just can't...
                  Yes, he is there with the UNI Foundation paying the expenses (not the athletic department) because when this event was planned UNI President Rudd was suppose to be the featured speaker, so Mark is filling in and he is recruiting new talent while there!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                    Yes, he is there with the UNI Foundation paying the expenses (not the athletic department) because when this event was planned UNI President Rudd was suppose to be the featured speaker, so Mark is filling in and he is recruiting new talent while there!
                    I saw previously that they had offers out to a couple DBs from Deerfield Beach and a little WR from Braden River who looks like a player. Figured he was down there talking to those guys while in the neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                      The Matt Campbell Hype-train steamrolled through a few different recruiting agendas I'm sure before changing into a ridiculous, carnage-filled roller coaster of a season in Ames.

Yes, there was carnage last year, but I hate to imagine what it would have been like without last year's recruits, such as Bobek (C), Jones (WR), and Park (QB)!

So, you wouldn't trade 2017 recruiting classes with Iowa State?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                        Yes, there was carnage last year, but I hate to imagine what it would have been like without last year's recruits, such as Bobek (C), Jones (WR), and Park (QB)!

So, you wouldn't trade 2017 recruiting classes with Iowa State?
                        Never said I wouldn't, I was alluding to how the hype surrounding Campbell helped swing recruits to Ames. I'd love some of those P5 players to help get UNI back up to the top of the MVFC. Much more likely than ISU seeing the top of the Big XII
                        Last edited by panther-state; 01-28-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Never said I wouldn't, I was alluding to how the hype surrounding Campbell helped swing recruits to Ames. I'd love some of those P5 players to help get UNI back up to the top of the MVFC. Much more likely that ISU seeing the top of the Big XII
                          Hey let's keep it real.

Comment

Much more likely that ISU seeing the top of the Big XII
                            I would like to point out that this was supposed to say than. Wow...proofreading is a must folks.

Comment

Panthers got a commitment from QB Johnny Sullivan out of Clinton.

Johnny was one of the top passers in Iowa last couple years. Highly accurate...64% completion.

Johnny put out some trick shot videos when he was 12 that got some news coverage a few years back. You can still find them on YouTube.

Not the biggest kid...But looks like he can throw it in a coffee can from 40 yards.

Comment

UNI picks up another big body in John Yount OL.
                                6'4" 280

Looks like when Farley mentioned they were going for big physical lineman , they were not kidding. Can't be sure about how well they will pass block, but these guys look like they will be maulers.

Comment

Working...
                                X