WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
    Ok, here we go. Coach Nagy the head coach at South Dakota State is moving to Wright State. Justin Sell has UNI connections. The schools and their athletic programs are very similar. SDSU has been and is very aggressive about upgrading their programs. You would think people on Jake's staff would be given serious consideration to replace Nagy. If they hold the head coaching salary the same as Nagy's, any UNI assistant would get a doubling or even tripling of what they are paid at UNI (Nagy $225,000). Green $107,000
    I have no inside knowledge but I think it is possible although likely not probable.

After the D3 job Green took I am not sure he would leave again. Not sure he would take a non-UNI head coaching job. Seems to like the family time etc. Hogan might be more likely to leave. But again that is all speculation. They all have pretty good gigs here.

Comment

I'd be pretty surprised if SDSU looked at any of our assistants for that opening. They're in a place where they can get somebody with a decent pedigree of head coaching experience.

Tom Billeter from Augustana is going to get a look and it wouldn't surprise me if Marty Simmons looked pretty hard at that job after being a finalist and not getting the Wright State job. There's plenty of talent to run Marty's system in the area and he gets two games a year in Indiana so he can still recruit there. He'd also go from having the smallest budget in his league to the second largest.
      #MACtion

Comment

Green will be in CF longer than Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          I'd be pretty surprised if SDSU looked at any of our assistants for that opening. They're in a place where they can get somebody with a decent pedigree of head coaching experience.

Tom Billeter from Augustana is going to get a look and it wouldn't surprise me if Marty Simmons looked pretty hard at that job after being a finalist and not getting the Wright State job. There's plenty of talent to run Marty's system in the area and he gets two games a year in Indiana so he can still recruit there. He'd also go from having the smallest budget in his league to the second largest.
          SDSU might also be in a position to land a P5 assistant with a few ties to that area. I'm sure there are a couple around. Lack of budget/resources is definitely a reason to jump ship in any profession, so you can't blame Marty for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
            Green will be in CF longer than Jake.
            This is what I'm hoping for as well.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
              Ok, here we go. Coach Nagy the head coach at South Dakota State is moving to Wright State. Justin Sell has UNI connections. The schools and their athletic programs are very similar. SDSU has been and is very aggressive about upgrading their programs. You would think people on Jake's staff would be given serious consideration to replace Nagy. If they hold the head coaching salary the same as Nagy's, any UNI assistant would get a doubling or even tripling of what they are paid at UNI (Nagy $225,000). Green $107,000
              I don't know what Wright State is giving Nagy in terms of salary, but I'm a bit surprised that Nagy is leaving SDSU. I have to imagine they're a more solid program than Wright State, even if the Horizon is a bit stronger than the Summit overall.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
                I don't know what Wright State is giving Nagy in terms of salary, but I'm a bit surprised that Nagy is leaving SDSU. I have to imagine they're a more solid program than Wright State, even if the Horizon is a bit stronger than the Summit overall.
                The article said that the coach fired was in the $250,000 range and it was probable that they were offering more to the next coach.

Comment

I've read Naggy will be north of 500k

Comment

How long til AJ gets a P5 offer? South Dakota State has offered him now.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      How long til AJ gets a P5 offer? South Dakota State has offered him now.
                      Which says Iowa State was sniffing around. TJ has been there all of 10 days...
                      #MACtion

Comment

AJ is a recruit I really want to see at UNI but I feel like he will go someplace with a bigger name.

Comment

Interesting article about recruiting, specifically talking about AJ.

Northern Iowa and Drake finished at opposite ends of the Missouri Valley Conference, so it makes sense that the two programs take contrasting recruiting approaches this summer.

The highest-profile prospect might be extremely close to home. UNI assistant Kyle Green’s son, A.J., is a 2018 recruit coming off a show-stopping state tournament with Cedar Falls.

“My first question has been, ‘Why isn’t A.J. Green getting looked at by more schools?’” Rushing said.
                          “I’ve been told a lot of schools think it’s a foregone conclusion he’s going to land at UNI, so why waste the time and resources recruiting him? But I think it would behoove other schools to at least look into it.
                          "To me, he’s the one kid in the entire state that stands out as being under-recruited and could really flourish at the college level.”
                          Green is lean and generously listed at 6-1, but mature dribbling and shooting skills could make him one of the summer’s biggest ranking risers.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            Interesting article about recruiting, specifically talking about AJ.

Northern Iowa and Drake finished at opposite ends of the Missouri Valley Conference, so it makes sense that the two programs take contrasting recruiting approaches this summer.

The highest-profile prospect might be extremely close to home. UNI assistant Kyle Green’s son, A.J., is a 2018 recruit coming off a show-stopping state tournament with Cedar Falls.

“My first question has been, ‘Why isn’t A.J. Green getting looked at by more schools?’” Rushing said.
                            “I’ve been told a lot of schools think it’s a foregone conclusion he’s going to land at UNI, so why waste the time and resources recruiting him? But I think it would behoove other schools to at least look into it.
                            "To me, he’s the one kid in the entire state that stands out as being under-recruited and could really flourish at the college level.”
                            Green is lean and generously listed at 6-1, but mature dribbling and shooting skills could make him one of the summer’s biggest ranking risers.
                            I hope those people are correct..

Comment

Added an offer from North Dakota yesterday

Comment

He has interest from Nebraska and Minnesota.....the one that actually worries me is gonzaga is showing interest. This kid very well may slip out of our reach soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X