WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
    He's not a 7 footer.
    Short and white!!! Who needs athletes when you can chuck 30 3's a game.

Comment

Or you can have a team that plays like ISUr. Good size, athletic, selfish, and undisciplined.

Sent from my GS6
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Kind of interesting, the other night somebody retweeted to Juwan McCloud a PrepHoopsIA tweet about Green...

In 64-57 win over Xavier last night, Cedar Falls PG AJ Green (2018) poured in 28 pts & was 8-8 from 3 (!) #iahsbkb https://t.co/B469AM12F9

Might mean nothing, but still interesting.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Aj green just hit a game winner to send cedar falls to state over Linn Mar. He had 31, bohannon had 44

Comment

We need to get this kid.....

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
              We need to get this kid.....
              Yep. But I think he may get offers that some would consider a lot better than us.

Comment

What if we just give his dad a $15,000 pay raise and have him walk on?

Comment

I'm very interested in the realistic possibility of us getting him. Does a coaches kid need his dad to be a head coach for him to entertain a school like ours if he has big time offers? It will be interesting to see this play out but I do think he will have some big hitters offer him. If coach Jake does ever leave it is pretty clear Kyle would probably be the next guy in line so that could maybe help. Not so much that Jake might leave before he gets here but maybe in the middle of his 4-5 years on campus.

Comment

Anthony Beane was all set to go to Illinois State and then Barry hired his dad at SIU. The rest is history...
                    #MACtion

Comment

Tony Bennett had multiple high major scholarship offers but chose to play for his dad at a mid major, UWGB. Granted Dick was the head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                        I'm very interested in the realistic possibility of us getting him. Does a coaches kid need his dad to be a head coach for him to entertain a school like ours if he has big time offers? It will be interesting to see this play out but I do think he will have some big hitters offer him. If coach Jake does ever leave it is pretty clear Kyle would probably be the next guy in line so that could maybe help. Not so much that Jake might leave before he gets here but maybe in the middle of his 4-5 years on campus.
                        Just depends on the kid I think.

I know Cullen Neal wasn't going to go to NM when his dad was just an assistant but did when he got the head coach job.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                          What if we just give his dad a $15,000 pay raise and have him walk on?
                          Creighton has probably already offered a full ride and a $50K raise for his dad.
                          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            Sorry, not sure where to post this, but a couple 2017 recruiting notes I ran into on Twitter tonight...

2017 PG Anthony Brown (MI) has informed me he has been invited to elite camps at Northern Iowa & Xavier. @_a1brown_

6-ft-9 PF/C Kade Hart (@Hart5Attack) of MN Magic Elite/Faribault has taken a call from Northern Iowa. NDSU, Drake sent interest mail as well

Tartan 2018 forward Jarvis Thomas (@harvisthomas) has received camp invites from Northern Iowa, Drake, and today Minnesota. Big potential
                            That's good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Anthony Beane was all set to go to Illinois State and then Barry hired his dad at SIU. The rest is history...

How do they get away with this? But I can't take my daughter's friends from the team to dinner with her!

Comment

For those interested, CF and AJ are playing now in the state tournament. You can stream the game online.

Comment

Working...
                                X