WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Not too much out there on Caleb Bennett, but I did find an article about him entering HS his freshmen year. http://www.stjoechannel.com/sports/h...asketball-camp

His twitter picture is him in front of the panther statue outside the McLeod

Comment

@coreyevans_10: Northern Iowa will play host to 2017 Kickapoo wing Jared Ridder on Saturday
      I believe he visited Creighton a week or two ago.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
        Rarely will UNI pull an offer (usually it's just that the offer got accepted by someone else...which most likely happened with Jordan Bohannon once McCloud committed). However, until now, Phyfe has been the only center that UNI has offered in 2017. It's coming up on one year which is typically when the staff seems to move on (from what has been documented historically). The offer will most likely stand until it's taken by another post player, but I would imagine you'll start seeing more offers start coming out to post players soon because you just can't wait all day long. At this point, you know the program, you know what the scholarship matrix looks like, and you either like the fit or you don't. That's what it seems like with UNI historically at the one year mark. Plenty have passed up on that opportunity only to end up elsewhere (typically they transfer later) while UNI finds guys who want to be here and have low turnover/transfer rates. I hope a local kid like Phyfe comes to UNI and thrives.
        Kind of something to go along with this. There was an update on Brad Davison, whom has had an offer from UNI for quite a while (over a year if I'm not mistaken) There was an update on him a couple of weeks ago via NY2LA

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_o...articleid=3178

A high-IQ, heady floor general, they don’t come tougher and more determined than Osseo (Minn.) Maple Grove 2017 point guard Brad Davison. Holding five early scholarship offers, Davison is fielding a solid amount of high major interest this fall.

One of those programs, Wisconsin, hosted Davison unofficially for the third time this year last Saturday.

“It was great,” Davison told NY2LA Sports. “It was great to spend time with their coaches. The atmosphere around campus on a football game day was awesome. It was really cool to see. It was a unique experience. A lot of red, a lot of fans.”

Davison has offers from Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Winthrop, Buffalo, and George Mason.

He picked up his first and only high major offer from the Huskers last year.

“I was really excited,” he said. “It happened right after my sophomore season. It was exciting to know I could play at that level.

“They’ve been up here twice for open gyms this fall. I still text with their staff and coach (Tim) Miles quite a bit.”

Davison added that Northern Iowa and South Dakota State are also pushing hard for his services as of late.

Northern Iowa: “They’ve been really successful. I have a really good relationship with their coaches. They have a great program and tradition there.”

South Dakota State: “I went down there earlier this fall. I talk with their coaches quite a bit. We have a strong relationship as well.”

Missouri, Gonzaga, Stanford, Wichita State, Drake, Davidson, and Vanderbilt are also showing interest in Davison.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound junior has no leaders at this time. His timeline going forward is also open.

“I’m still pretty even with everyone,” he said. “I haven’t sat down and talked it over with my parents yet.

“To be honest, I’m not really sure when I’ll make a decision. I think I’ll probably let things play out for a while to see what options I have.”

Davison plays with Howard Pulley during the travel season.
        - See more at: http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_o....giV6uWxA.dpuf

Comment

Austin Phyfe commits to UNI per twitter sources. Boo Ya!

Comment

Austin Phyfe just committed.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I read his tweet while sitting on the worlds hottest airplane. Almost shrieked out loud. Great news.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

Fantastic news! I was hoping he would commit. He's s great fit and has a chance to play quite a bit at an early stage in his career. I would think UNI just goes after a wing with the other scholarship in 2017.
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

He had visited Iowa 5 days earlier

Comment

Great news!! Seems like a kid who could turn into something special.

Comment

Any relation to Steve?
                        "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
                          Any relation to Steve?
                          I believe his son...

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                            I believe his son...
                            Thought he might be but I thought someone would mention it.
                            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

http://m.wcfcourier.com/sports/baske...ile_touch=true

Comment

His sister is on the UNI swim team as well

Comment

Working...
                                X