WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final scholy filled for 2011---Deon Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Deon Mitchell

Deon was in the large school classification, I believe. The newspaper in Austin named him POY for the region (Class 1-5).
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

• Re: Final scholy filled for 2011---Deon Mitchell

Still trying to come to terms that he will be a Panther!!! I know we all have confidence in our program, but for a kid in the middle of Texas, who was recruited by bigger named schools, to take notice and choose us is still kind of like a dream! Can't wait to see him play in Purple and Gold!
      John 3:16

Comment

2011-2012 UNI Basketball Preview

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Good read about Deon Mitchell and his transition from HS in Texas to UNI.

Comment

A few things I noticed. CO talking about wanting to go to a program with a good PG to come in with, looks like thanks to getting Deon we got Chris. Thats great for building chemistry with this class when they all respect the talent of their peers. Also Mrs. Mitchell's comment about snow for four months...if we're lucky it's only for four months. I hope she packed a couple PJ's for Deon

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
              A few things I noticed. CO talking about wanting to go to a program with a good PG to come in with, looks like thanks to getting Deon we got Chris. Thats great for building chemistry with this class when they all respect the talent of their peers. Also Mrs. Mitchell's comment about snow for four months...if we're lucky it's only for four months. I hope she packed a couple PJ's for Deon
              I lived in Texas for 4 years. I also liked the "cold" days in Texas better than the warm days... however, their "cold" days are NOTHING compared to Iowa's! ha...

With that said, I'm not worried about Deon adjusting to the cold. He will do just fine! I can't wait to see him on the court!
              John 3:16

Comment

On Senior Night, remember when this guy became a Panther...(enjoy the thread)
                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan4ever View Post
                  I lived in Texas for 4 years. I also liked the "cold" days in Texas better than the warm days... however, their "cold" days are NOTHING compared to Iowa's! ha...

With that said, I'm not worried about Deon adjusting to the cold. He will do just fine! I can't wait to see him on the court!
                  What a great year in conference Deon is having. His 3% shooting is outstanding and even his finishing near the rim has gotten much better. He still makes some foolish decisions, but as a whole a great Panther.

Comment

Deon has played great in calendar year 2015. He's become a great contributor

Comment

Probably the highest profile recruit to sport the purple and gold.
                      Originally posted by TH1974
                      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

• His emergence this year is a huge reason we are ranked 10th in the country.

Comment

Perhaps the lesson here is that Coach Jake and staff were pretty stinking smart to stick with Deon as starter when he was struggling a bit early in the season.

Comment

• Actually, they were smart to limit his playing time until he figured it out. Being a starter means very little on Jake ' s teams.

Comment

I already like next year's duo of Wes and Lohaus.

Mbo is back
                              Koch will better, alot better
                              Jesperson
                              and that Morgan kid!

All with experience...this will be nice to have plus everyone else!

Wes already plays starter minutes so its not like we are losing anything there....just gotta get our post players some valuable minutes!

Comment

• Ted Friedman is a wild card that I am excited about.

Comment

Working...
                                X