WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First 2015 Commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First 2015 Commit

I think his HS team's mascot is the Wildcats. He has a pic with a Wildcats jerseys. What's our list of commits?
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's a Bethune-Cookman uniform he's wearing in his other picture. Not sure any other "-CU Wildcats" out there. The caption says he's on an official visit

Comment

I was hoping Lawton (OK) was the Wildcats, but they are the Wolverines.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

The jersey in the picture has a Southland patch, it's Abilene Christian. ACU

Bethune-Cookman is BCC
          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Also as far as recruitment lists go, I really enjoyed putting together the recruitment thread last year to keep track of commitments. However, it was a ton of work and as a first-year teacher I not only don't have, but feel weird about searching names of 18 yr old "men" on twitter (whether its school hours or not).

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
              The jersey in the picture has a Southland patch, it's Abilene Christian. ACU
              You're right. I guess Bethune's jerseys are more of a **** brown uniform than grayish-brown. Geography makes more sense too

Comment

Having done it prior, I can agree with Panther-state, it does take significant time to put together. Although, it's actually enjoyable as you get to see videos on each of the recruits as you do research. It's a great thing, and very appreciated by others.

Any volunteers????

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                  Having done it prior, I can agree with Panther-state, it does take significant time to put together. Although, it's actually enjoyable as you get to see videos on each of the recruits as you do research. It's a great thing, and very appreciated by others.

Any volunteers????
                  Its a TON of fun and I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the guys from last year starting to make their way into playing time. It was awesome seeing Charles Brown, Daurice Fountain and Preston Woods all get on the field this past season.

Comment

Wow! Looks like UNI is trying to get the Chicago High School Player of the year (QB). He was previosly comitted to Illinois State, but had problems with admissions. Just received an offer from UNI http://recruiting.scout.com/story/15...rs-for-collins

Here is his highlights. Looks like he pretty much dominated his competition.

Lost final game in the Il State Championship.

Comment

In reading that brief story, it seems that Salmon is still actively involved in the recruiting process. More intrigue with the hire of Joe Davis.

Comment

I'm guessing a passing of the torch this year??

Comment

Salmon is only 60 or 61. He may still have 4 or 5 years left in him. I would think 4 or 5 years would also be around the end game for Farley...
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            Salmon is only 60 or 61. He may still have 4 or 5 years left in him. I would think 4 or 5 years would also be around the end game for Farley...
                            I'm guessing him to be more in the pushing 63 range. He played for UNI in 1975. With a red shirt year that would have put him at about 23 about 40 years ago. Still, who knows what his plans are. Some coaches just go until they don't feel it anymore, age be damned.

Comment

Dewayne Collins doesn't look like much of a thrower in that Hudl video. The velocity on the ball just doesn't look like it's there. Looks like a good runner though.

Comment

Tough to tell velocity on tape, I liked that he was accurate and that several times when the pocket was breaking down he seemed poise and made throws downfield instead of just using his legs to save him. I can see why he was the POY.
                                Last edited by wretched; 01-29-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X