WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Solid. I believe that makes our third forward offered.
    Last edited by Moose39; 08-05-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I don't believe any these guys will work out - I was able to pronounce everyone's name on the first try...

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

mcdonnell will be a very solid college player.

Comment

How did you get Illikianen?

Comment

Offered another forward today

"@ny2lasports: 6'8" 2015 Barnstormers forward Brady Ernst of Clinton (IA) received a scholarship offer from Coach Ben Jacobsen at Northern Iowa"

Comment

He had a great summer. I was wondering if he was going to get an offer. Glad he did.
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Update on Brady Ernst
                http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1517

Clinton (Iowa.) 2015 Power Forward Brady Ernst came on late during the July Evaluation period, impressing numerous college coaches in attendance at the Las Vegas Classic. Now holding three scholarship offers, Ernst isn’t in a rush to make a decision, but does have a good feel for things at this stage in his recruitment.

Northern Iowa was the latest school to offer the 6-8, 200-pound big man, and the Panthers currently lead for his services. “It was real exciting,” Ernst told NY2LASPORTS.COM Monday night. “They’re here in Iowa, so I get a chance to watch them play a few times. They’re a really good program and a really good coaching staff.

“They’re just close to home. I really like their coaching staff. They’re really involved. They’ve been contacting me a lot.”

Ernst also has offers from San Diego and South Dakota. The junior forward hasn’t written off anybody, and continues to do his research on those two programs, and the rest who are also involved in his recruitment.

San Diego: “I haven’t learned a lot about them yet. It seems like a good program, nice location right on the beach. That’s always fun.”

South Dakota: “They’re pretty nice. A smaller school, so everything’s right there.”

Creighton, Drake, Iowa, Lehigh, Loyola (IL), Stanford, Tulsa, and Wisconsin are all showing interest in Ernst, who has one more visit remaining before the start of his junior year.

Ernst will head back to Northern Iowa on Sunday for another unofficial visit.

“I’m just looking forward to talking more with them and learning more about them as a program, and as a team,” he said.

Ernst visited Iowa last Thursday. In addition to getting a look at the Hawkeyes, Ernst learned a lot about playing high major basketball from the visit.

“That was really fun,” Ernst said. “It was nice to meet the coaching staff and watch practice, seeing how hard they work and what it takes to play at that level. It’s a nice place and they really get after it and work hard.”

After his impressive play in Las Vegas, a number of schools began or started to increase their interest in Ernst. Two programs who could now be close to offering include Drake and Lehigh.

Drake: “They said they’re really excited and want to keep following me and recruiting me hard.”

Lehigh: “I’ve been on the phone with them a couple times. I impressed them and they want to keep recruiting me hard.”

Ernst is targeting a decision after next July’s evaluation period. Like most players, Ernst does have his eyes on potentially playing high major basketball someday.

Two high major programs who have continued to keep tabs on Ernst include Stanford and Wisconsin. The Cardinal have remained in touch over the phone, while the Badgers were impressed by the Iowa native during their elite camp in June.

Stanford: “They said they weren’t going to offer until they knew a lot more about me, because it’s so high academically.”

Wisconsin: “They said they were going to keep recruiting me hard and I impressed them. They were just excited watching me play.”

Ernst plays for the Iowa Barnstormers during the grassroots season.

Comment

Luke McDonnell just committed to UNI per NY2LA

Welcome Luke!

Comment

“@ny2lasports: 2015 6'9" 'Stormer F Luke McDonnell of Dubuque Senior (IA) decided to end his recruiting early and commited to Northern Iowa tonight.”

Comment

Welcome to the Panther family, Luke!
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

Wow, I did NOT see that coming so early. He had a lot of big schools looking at him. Awesome.

Comment

6'9 200 lbs (albeit without touching a single college weight). I can already hear Mudra and the "size" argument

Edit: Wait...or is that run&blade who *****es about recruit size?
                          Last edited by panther-state; 09-18-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Friedman, Koch, Carlson, and McDonnell is going to be a really nice front line to build on.

Still 3 rides left for '15. Have to assume that a point guard is the next priority.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Friedman, Koch, Carlson, and McDonnell is going to be a really nice front line to build on.

Still 3 rides left for '15. Have to assume that a point guard is the next priority.
                              i dont know, i assume lohaus is the next starting pg with knar swinging between 1 and 2. i would like to find an athletic 2 next.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                                i dont know, i assume lohaus is the next starting pg with knar swinging between 1 and 2. i would like to find an athletic 2 next.
                                Agreed. Lohaus is our long term pg. I do not see any glaring holes. Lets go get the best available players who want to be panthers!

Comment

Working...
                                X