WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Nick Fuller needs to be that last scholly...
    #MACtion

Comment

Getting these early commitments is a great sign.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Nick Fuller needs to be that last scholly...
        agreed. i was kinda pissed that hegner committed to sCUm, as he is one i wanted to see at UNI

Comment

fuller seems like he's destined for a high major. yeah I would take him over morgan for sure.

Comment

Nick Fuller would be an excellent MVC name as long as it wasn't in blue and white

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
              Klint Carlson has officially verbaled to UNI according to NY2LA

Youtube
              Youtube 2
              Courier article about it today...

Comment

carson, carlson is actually the 3rd verbal in this class.

Comment

With addition of Klint, I would hope that the final player for the 2013 class would be a guard. I' m not really concerned about the 3-point shooting ability (as it seems like everyone on the team knows how to shoot the 3-ball), but more of the ball-handling skills. Remember the Jared Josten point guard days? If that doesn't prove you can't have enough ball handlers on the team, then I don't know what does.

I would also think that getting a verbal from Kilnt lessens the need to sign another big man, like Ted Friedman from Ankeny. This is where I have a question for the recruiting experts on this site. Is it common practice in the recruiting world to pull an offer on an individual once the need for the position is filled? For example, let's assume Klint Carlson and Ted Friedman were both being looked at to fill 1 spot. Would the coaching staff take Friedman's offer off the table because he didn't pull the trigger quick enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
                    I would also think that getting a verbal from Kilnt lessens the need to sign another big man, like Ted Friedman from Ankeny.
                    From what I've seen, Klint is decent, but I'm not sure he's currently on the same level as Ted.

Ted Highlight
                    Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

• Re: Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

With addition of Klint, I would hope that the final player for the 2013 class would be a guard. I' m not really concerned about the 3-point shooting ability (as it seems like everyone on the team knows how to shoot the 3-ball), but more of the ball-handling skills. Remember the Jared Josten point guard days? If that doesn't prove you can't have enough ball handlers on the team, then I don't know what does.

I would also think that getting a verbal from Kilnt lessens the need to sign another big man, like Ted Friedman from Ankeny. This is where I have a question for the recruiting experts on this site. Is it common practice in the recruiting world to pull an offer on an individual once the need for the position is filled? For example, let's assume Klint Carlson and Ted Friedman were both being looked at to fill 1 spot. Would the coaching staff take Friedman's offer off the table because he didn't pull the trigger quick enough?
                      of course, standard practice

Comment

Remember the Lucas O'Rear injury? Losing 8 of our last 10 after being a bubble team. Depth on the front court doesnt hurt. Plus we have Robert Knar and Wes Washpun coming in at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                          From what I've seen, Klint is decent, but I'm not sure he's currently on the same level as Ted.

Ted Highlight
                          You're right. From what I have seen, Klint is more athletic, a better ball handler and has an outside game. Ted looks more the part of a back to the basket inside man. Klint is a much more rounded player.

That said, I would be fine with both, because I am not sure they play the same position even if they are about the same height. Carlson is more of a perimeter 4, big 3 while Friedman is more of a screen-setting, inside 4/5. Get some muscle on Ted and he'll be a nice post player.

Not sure where they'll go with the last scholly. We have some size with Koch, a swing-man in Carlson and a sharpshooter in Knar. If Knar can handle the ball well, I could see looking at another big or a tall, defensive minded guard to replace Sonnen. Otherwise, I think Jake likes having ball handlers, so probably a PG.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherN8 View Post
                            Remember the Lucas O'Rear injury? Losing 8 of our last 10 after being a bubble team. Depth on the front court doesnt hurt. Plus we have Robert Knar and Wes Washpun coming in at the same time.
                            That's right - I was forgetting about Wes coming in. That makes me much more comfortable with the guard situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                              You're right. From what I have seen, Klint is more athletic, a better ball handler and has an outside game. Ted looks more the part of a back to the basket inside man. Klint is a much more rounded player.

That said, I would be fine with both, because I am not sure they play the same position even if they are about the same height. Carlson is more of a perimeter 4, big 3 while Friedman is more of a screen-setting, inside 4/5. Get some muscle on Ted and he'll be a nice post player.

Not sure where they'll go with the last scholly. We have some size with Koch, a swing-man in Carlson and a sharpshooter in Knar. If Knar can handle the ball well, I could see looking at another big or a tall, defensive minded guard to replace Sonnen. Otherwise, I think Jake likes having ball handlers, so probably a PG.
                              Then maybe the offer to Carlson was Coach Jake realizing that Nick Fuller was becoming less of a possibility (with more big schools looking at him) and Jake wanted to grab someone in this class who would fit the big 3/perimeter 4 position?

Comment

I heard from a fairly reliable source that Carlson will be a 4 for 5. Paying his way in 2013-2014 season and essentially taking over Chip Rank's scholarship in 2014-2015 which would leave us with the option of signing two more players yet. Has anyone else heard this also?

Comment

Working...
                                X