WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bennett Koch

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
    I am sure glad that Mr. Beaton is on top of this news, I mean I do not know what we would do without more Waterloo Open news.
    Agreed....

Kelly has done well with getting the UNI coverage started as a beat writter...but it seems clear that he doesn't see covering UNI as anything more than something he "has" to do. I wish someone who actually cared about the university and it's programs would take over at this point.

Comment

you should follow me on twitter then!

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
        you should follow me on twitter then!
        Who said I don't already?

Seriously though, the only thing Kelly has over a couple people (some I know are on PN, others I'm not sure) for getting UNI news out there is he has the "Courier" behind him.

I find more UNI news from "random" people on Twitter than UNI's beat writter.

Comment

Cut the guy some slack, his last name is Beat-on...you know he had a rough time in high school and college with that one

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
            From what I can find Bennet was listed at 6'5-6'6 last season, depending where you look. However, most things I've com across that are from over the summer (passing articles, camp mentions, etc...) have him listed at 6'7
            I'm sure he's grown a tad too. He's only 16 or 17 still isn't he? Here's to passing 7 ft!

Comment

I would suggest emails to Doug Newhoff asking for Jim Sullivan to get the UNI Basketball beat. Great guy, great writer.
              #MACtion

Comment

FWIW beaton had tweets re: koch last night and a story coming today in the paper.

Comment

How nice would it be if he ends up being 7 foot?

Comment

Woah.. Beaton did that? He deserves a raise.
                    Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

so... did we officially offer Bennett? Or what's the scoop with that? Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine offering a sophomore (at the time) who averages 3 ppg and 4 rpg.

Comment

Did you seriously just ask that question??
                        #MACtion

Comment

yep. I did. A simple yes or no will do me just fine.

All I've read is that he will take a scholarship when the time comes. I havent read (or may have missed) the part where we officially offered him. I havent found him on Rivals or Espn. So, sorry for not knowing BC
                          Last edited by Moose39; 07-18-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                            yep. I did. A simple yes or no will do me just fine.

All I've read is that he will take a scholarship when the time comes. I havent read (or may have missed) the part where we officially offered him. I havent found him on Rivals or Espn. So, sorry for not knowing BC
                            Moose, how do you think this process works? You think a guy can just show up on campus and grab a scholarship out of a free basket at the door as he pleases?....
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

A. I was going to head out the door to go grab one if that was the case

B. It could have been a preferred walk on, maybe? It was the high school stats that made me wonder is all.

Judging by the reactions though, I think my question has been answered. Thanks guys.
                              Last edited by Moose39; 07-18-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

i do find it odd that we offered him knowing that he would have probably committed to UNI had we offered as he was walking out the door on his way to UW-GB or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X