WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Stay up to date with all the Minnesota Golden Gophers sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Northern Iowa commit Mavin Singleton played an excellent game for Hopkins. The senior forward tallied 20 points as well as a game-high 16 rebounds.
    Hopkins wins again 71-57 in the state tourney.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Singleton gives Hopkins the edge

Good article about the game that's mainly about Singleton.

“It got to the point where if Marvin hadn’t held us in today,” Novak said afterwards, “we would have been in big trouble.”
      Some have wondered what position the 6-5
      Singleton will play in college. After games like the one Singleton had Wednesday, Novak dismisses those concerns.

“I think 15 or 20 years ago it was an issue,” Novak said. Today … he’s versatile enough to play a lot of positions. He can hit threes, he can put it on the floor. His versatility will lead to success for him.”
      Last edited by strike00; 03-23-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

So we could possibly have 3 recruits who won a state title this year?

...as well as one who did pretty darn good?

Comment

Not only that, but there are currently 2 teams ranked in the top 8 nationally and 3 in the top 50 by Max Preps.
          MaxPreps High School Basketball Rankings. Every High School Basketball team in the nation is ranked. Find out where your teams stands... Use the "Find my Team" feature to quickly locate your team!

Linn Mar, Hopkins, and Pfluggerville
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

I don't want to hijack this thread with another topic, but these past few years, I've loved reading other teams message boards talking about our players and recruits and asking, "did we ever have a change to land this kid?"

off the top of my head...

jake koch -Wisconsin Scouts board
            Ali F, Tuttle, Bohannon -Iowa (the latter two have their own thread on their rivals site still I believe)

I like the direction we're going.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
              So we could possibly have 3 recruits who won a state title this year?

...as well as one who did pretty darn good?
              #winning

again, crappy 10 characters...
              Originally posted by rockybison
              You guys suck so bad. Please never let me come back. Ya had 20 yrs by yourself and ya fckd it up. SU rolls in and does it in 4, prolly next year too. Living in a shadow is killn ya.

Comment

I know that there is the NCAA tourney tonight, but if you want to get a look at Singleton, there is a free video stream of Hopkins semifinal game tonight at 6:00. I just watched the end of a class AAA semifinal and the quality of the video is quite good. Just click on "Live Schedule"

http://prep45.kstc45.com/
                Last edited by strike00; 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Singleton has the physical build to start as a true Frosh. He may have the legs for the college game also, as Hopkins has already played 31 games this year.

Comment

Just watched Singleton here at the Target Center. Kid has a man's build! Did the blue collar work under the hoop tonight and scored 15, I believe. Didn't shoot any jump shots but has decent form from the line. I really like his size and ability to move. Will be interesting to see if he redshirts to polish his game or not. Looks like a very solid recruit...no pun intended.

Comment

Absolutely no chance of a redshirt.
                      #MACtion

Comment

So we're looking at playing three true frosh, replacing the three that are leaving. Throw in AAAANTHONY JAAAMEESSS, Sonnen, Pehl, Moran, Koch, and Rank, who already see decent minutes (not so much with Pehl), we're back to running 9 deep for next year. Lange, Morrison, Martino, and Buss all improve (enough to play), there's 12-13 deep roster for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                          So we're looking at playing three true frosh, replacing the three that are leaving. Throw in AAAANTHONY JAAAMEESSS, Sonnen, Pehl, Moran, Koch, and Rank, who already see decent minutes (not so much with Pehl), we're back to running 9 deep for next year. Lange, Morrison, Martino, and Buss all improve (enough to play), there's 12-13 deep roster for next season.
                          I think Bohannon will play too but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            Absolutely no chance of a redshirt.
                            There is a better than average chance of redshirt, barring injury or transfer etc. on the team. Roster depth and offensive polish will be major factors. But who knows. It is a long time till next season.

Comment

So, I haven't seen this kid play before. I have heard he is more of post player, is this true? what is his size? Is he someone that can guard bigger guys down low?
                              John 3:16

Comment

He is built like K-jo, but bigger. I don't know if he will physically mature more, because he looks so built already.

He likes to mix it up down low. It will be interesting to see how he does against better competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X